Opinion Style of Attack

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yesterdays result and specifically the defence was poor.
However our style of attack, willingness to create width and stretch the defence looked promising.

I like the early lateral play and the width of passing.
I feel like there is promise there.
Any thoughts?

EuroNymous

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
yes ciro or one of the coaching staff finally figured out doing one out passing with weak middle doesn't work against big forward packs, you need to spread the ball more around then they won't be so compressed. That's when players like morrin or preston will became effective as they run decent lines and are kinda quick

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry but spreading the ball consistently and then not knowing what to do after that is not an attack. Parra had us covered all game. No one is straightening up when they should and when they do they are doing it at the wrong time. No one is running hard onto a ball when we attack the line… I actually see no attack besides individual brilliance like opo yest. Our footy iq is robotic and embarrassing

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Play like the entertainers attack attack don’t worry bout defense just out score them

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The attack is 40m bomb. That is the attack. There is nothing else. Nearly all the tries have come from long distance off spreading it wide but in there opponents 30m bulldogs are embarrassing

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It would be better if they punched through the middle then spread to the edges. We ended up turning the ball through high percentage plays like kicks and chase when we ran out of room.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry but spreading the ball consistently and then not knowing what to do after that is not an attack. Parra had us covered all game. No one is straightening up when they should and when they do they are doing it at the wrong time. No one is running hard onto a ball when we attack the line… I actually see no attack besides individual brilliance like opo yest. Our footy iq is robotic and embarrassing
Exactly. Spreading the ball only works if you are setting up for something. What we do is past from one side to the other basically standing still. Hoping something happens. There is no plan. Just pass, just pass, nobody is running lines. It’s under 12s pass the ball. The worst part is CC was happy. It’s like they executed the attack as they had trained.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I still chuckle from earlier this year when Ciraldo said we went away from our style of play. No one on earth knows what the style is though

Raff

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
There's no structure to the attack. Yesterday it was just spread it out wide and hope for the best. Also couldn't find the finishing touches to convert opportunities into tries.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The width thing is easily defendable I feel. What was annoying was the line breaks and the all or nothing kinda mindset we have… guys we have 3 more tackles to build pressure and create. Don’t waste it!

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
One out flat crap and a high kick. I haven't seen one offload or a grubber kick. I don't think we have seen one long goal line dropout kick.

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That style of attack is good as one off play during a game. What’s more concerning is our attacking in the opposition 20-30… very easy to read and no one taking control. I would like to see the 6 drift to both sides as well.
We need to be able to grind out a win

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The width thing is easily defendable I feel. What was annoying was the line breaks and the all or nothing kinda mindset we have… guys we have 3 more tackles to build pressure and create. Don’t waste it!
We made 7 line breaks to Eels 6 and we only scored twice, honestly that's laughable. Practically every break we made came to nothing due to poor decision making and execution.