Stupidity that defies belief!

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Now, this here is probably one of the stupidest things I have EVER heard in my life.

We all know that protesters these days have evolved from activists to pests, however what happened yesterday at the Melbourne cup took it to a whole new level - and this level is sub rock bottom.

An animal activist somehow managed to get onto the race track yesterday and attempted to pour a greasy residue onto the track. What was this pest trying to do? Get the horses in the cup to slip over and stack it. Why? He wanted the horses to break their legs/ankles so they could get put down, to bring to the attention of everyone that horse racing is cruel.

HD and Ink

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Exactly.
Could have killed horses some animal activist. Forget the jockeys, wouldn't give a toss about them.

I read he was some anti gambling dude.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
My horse I had money broke down yesterday so yeah it isn’t the greatest sport as it’s just based on gambling having said that I’m going to the Canterbury races night food markets in a few weeks and I’ll have a bet on a race so I can’t talk. Sorry I should have said I can’t get on my high horse.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Surely they will have to charge this one. Horse racing does have it's issues. The horses are well taken care of, but there is risk of injury (and resulting death) of the horse, and not just broken legs. It's quite common to cause heart damage in horses.

I have never been a fan of horse racing, but it's not the worst thing in the world, and actions like this are both malicious and stupid. Hopefully the pest cops charges of animal cruelty. It will almost be ironic.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
My horse I had money broke down yesterday so yeah it isn’t the greatest sport as it’s just based on gambling having said that I’m going to the Canterbury races night food markets in a few weeks and I’ll have a bet on a race so I can’t talk. Sorry I should have said I can’t get on my high horse.
Dude when is that on? Wouldn't mind checking it out.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Dude when is that on? Wouldn't mind checking it out.
3BE70FF7-43F2-435D-9383-74C133D73302.jpeg

Such a good night free entry about 25 food trucks horse racing a bit of betting no dressing up things for kids to do and you forget how nice Canterbury Race Course is.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Now, this here is probably one of the stupidest things I have EVER heard in my life.

We all know that protesters these days have evolved from activists to pests, however what happened yesterday at the Melbourne cup took it to a whole new level - and this level is sub rock bottom.

An animal activist somehow managed to get onto the race track yesterday and attempted to pour a greasy residue onto the track. What was this pest trying to do? Get the horses in the cup to slip over and stack it. Why? He wanted the horses to break their legs/ankles so they could get put down, to bring to the attention of everyone that horse racing is cruel.

Not the story I saw on 9 news website. They said he did it because he has a gambling problem. Tbh before I read the story, when I thought about the title I thought it was going to be about animal cruelty. Although injuring the animals is a stupid way to protest animal cruelty. Both versions are stupid tbh. An idiot.

And I thought tipping out milk in supermarkets because cows farts hurt the ozone layer was stupid, this trumps it.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
How bad was the security set up?

We're not exactly talking some random bush track here. If this numpty was able to do this, what else could someone with half a brain and organisational skills do?

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The aim was to get the race called off and not hurt the horses lol. I know they barely give a shit about the horses but it's not as if they were ever going to let them run with that all over the track :tearsofjoy:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
These fucking idiots should be given the worst punishment they could receive....................a job.
Nek minnit, greasy residue in the copy room to dram attention to unsafe WH&S conditions