Strata Companies & there rights

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DoggyStylz

Just saw this thread, Matty. Just get a kitten. Fck them. Who's the strata company, anyway?

They will write you a letter telling you to get rid of the cat, you will claim you never got the letter, in about 2 weeks they will send another one, you will read it and throw it away. Unless you have dckhead neighbours, no one will even know you have a kitten. There is so much back and forth that they'll stop worrying about it and put their attention to other things.

Strata companies, laziest, most inept, corrupt and useless "company" known to man.
Amen to that!

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
They're all slow as fck. We needed a balcony railing repalced for one of our Tenants and it took 3 letters for them to get off their asses and do something. They're on the third floor and we made it pretty clear they have 2 young kids.

And their fees? Ha. Don't get me started. That's why I hate units and some townhouses. It's not enough you have to pay Council and water rates but Strata rates?

S

Snake Jailbird

**** strata and **** real estate agents! All bottom feeding scums!!!!!!!!!!! :p

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Only just noticed this thread.

In your tenancy agreement you would have agreed to be bound by the by-laws, specifically the ones set up by the Owners Corporation. A condition of the by-laws would have stated that you would need the express consent of the Owners Corporation to keep a pet.

Baby Dogg

|xx| Mzlebsta |xx|
Reaction score
im in real estate
doesnt matter if your the owner of the unit or your just renting
if strata says no pets
then it means no pets
you can attend strata meetings as an owner and try to debate the no pets rule
otherwise you can try sneek on in
but if someone in your block sees it or hears about it and dobs you in.... i think as an owner you will get a fine/ get taken to court or some ****

sorry im just receptionist so not full familiar with all the laws as yet

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
im in real estate
doesnt matter if your the owner of the unit or your just renting
if strata says no pets
then it means no pets
you can attend strata meetings as an owner and try to debate the no pets rule
otherwise you can try sneek on in
but if someone in your block sees it or hears about it and dobs you in.... i think as an owner you will get a fine/ get taken to court or some ****

sorry im just receptionist so not full familiar with all the laws as yet
Blaqdog has done well. Blaqdog, your missus knows her stuff. You will make beautiful kids one day.

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
OK so i am back on the Cat Bangwagon.
I want one, but i am unsure of the penalties if i actually get one and get caught.

I put an application in for a cat, they said my Unit was too small for a Cat, WTF it's a 2 bedroom apartment, and it's not a city apartment i live in Campbellwotn, it's not small.

I'm still torn

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
How are your neighbours, Matty?

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The guy that ives closest to me is an Amblulance guy, so he works weird hours, so we hardley see him.

then there's the young Wog couple across from us, they are very friendly, for some reason there son loves me always comes and says hi (He's too young to know otherwise) there is one woman that i hate with a passion, she is directly below me but i dont see her all that much, she complained to strata that my Hot Water or Washing Machine has blown up and water was in her unit, i checked and all seemes fine in my apartment, i think she was trying to get someone else to pay for the damage, apart from her all is ok
I just don't want to have to get rid of it in a few months if i do get it

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It's a bit of a risk but the only way the Strata company will find out is if someone dobs you in. Not too sure if your 'neighbour' directly below you can/will hear the cat, if so, she'll probably dob you in. I don't know.

Who's the strata company, again?

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Independant Unit Management - Liverpool

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
They manage a few of our unit blocks, they seem reasonable, kinda lazy at times (They all are).

Like I said before, you should be alright (Without getting permission) but I don't know how loud cats can get.

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I wouldn't think that it would be, unless it screams when its hungry.
Hmmm Taps nose

BaYry Ward

Former Immortal
Reaction score
The Strata company is only there to administer the wishes of the owners corporation (executive committee).

Basically the reasoning for denying a pet application can be determined by a few things. Firstly, are there any specific by-laws pertaining to pets exclusively? Secondly, their statement that the "unit is too small for a cat" really is none of their business as they simply have to approve or deny based upon the regulations of the building, not their personal opinion, which may or may not conflict with those of an official animal rights orientated organisation such as the RSPCA. I would give them a call to see if they have any specific guidelines as to what pets are suitable for what size of apartment. I can tell you without a doubt that a cat in a 2 bed unit is not a problem..

As far as proceeding without permission, it basically comes down to a) whether someone complains b) whether the committee takes the complaint seriously and adds it to an ECM agenda c) whether the committee choses to take the complaint further by issuing breach of by-law notices and or CTTT notices to comply, which if followed through, can eventuate in initial fines of up to $550. That is a pretty long process though.

If I were you I would:

*find out if there are other pets approved in the building and what grounds they were approved
*find out if there is a register of pets living in the building (usually a caretaker or the strata manager themselves will keep one)
*have a look at the by-laws pertaining to pets and the means by which the executive committee can approve or deny them

If you can get a copy of the by-laws or need any further help I'm happy to assist.

BootS

Danned
Reaction score
The guy that ives closest to me is an Amblulance guy, so he works weird hours, so we hardley see him.

then there's the young Wog couple across from us, they are very friendly, for some reason there son loves me always comes and says hi (He's too young to know otherwise) there is one woman that i hate with a passion, she is directly below me but i dont see her all that much, she complained to strata that my Hot Water or Washing Machine has blown up and water was in her unit, i checked and all seemes fine in my apartment, i think she was trying to get someone else to pay for the damage, apart from her all is ok
I just don't want to have to get rid of it in a few months if i do get it
I have the exact woman living under my unit whinging about the exact same thing. I hate the old mole. Wicked old spinster.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah..... What Barry Ward said hahahaha.

You either live(d) in a unit block, work(ed) in Strata or work(ed) in Real Estate, I'm guessing?

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I have the exact woman living under my unit whinging about the exact same thing. I hate the old mole. Wicked old spinster.
this chick actually scares me, i drive away from the building, and she watches me driev away, if i am coming into the driveway, she walks right inf ront of my car taking up the whole drive way justy to piss me off

BootS

Danned
Reaction score
this chick actually scares me, i drive away from the building, and she watches me driev away, if i am coming into the driveway, she walks right inf ront of my car taking up the whole drive way justy to piss me off
My old mole downstairs just stands at her window watching everyone that comes and goes.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
run
her
over

Status
Not open for further replies.