wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Chicken Wing, the Neck Crusher, the Cannonball now this Hip-Drop tackle all came Melbourne. For every week a Melbourne player is banned for these type of tackles the NRL should fine the club 10K. They'll either stop these shit tactics or go broke, either way we get rid of them out of the game.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
i disagree, we are taught to tackle this way all through the juniours these days.
i think the tackle on the weekend just went wrong, there was no malice from the 3rd man in.
he didnt smash the legs, just unfortunate.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
The Chicken Wing, the Neck Crusher, the Cannonball now this Hip-Drop tackle all came Melbourne. For every week a Melbourne player is banned for these type of tackles the NRL should fine the club 10K. They'll either stop these shit tactics or go broke, either way we get rid of them out of the game.
my recommendation is they introduce the figure 4 leg lock next, they can do it on tackle 1 and keep it on for 45 seconds, the referee will just restart the tackle count so its not a problem

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
i disagree, we are taught to tackle this way all through the juniours these days.
i think the tackle on the weekend just went wrong, there was no malice from the 3rd man in.
he didnt smash the legs, just unfortunate.
Whether it was intentional or not. The Storm push the boundaries of legality with different wrestling tactics more frequently than any other club. So if it wasn't intentional and they lose a player heading into the finals it's a bit of karma. I'd prefer not to see things like this allowed to go on unpunished until someone cops a truly serious injury. A tackle like that could damage the knee, ankle, hip or cause bad muscle tears.

I don't want to see the game become soft. But the reality of professional sports these days is that it's harder to funnel youth into the game. I'm sure that at least a few parents would see crap like this and decide their kids aren't going to play a game where this kind of thing is not stamped out.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whether it was intentional or not. The Storm push the boundaries of legality with different wrestling tactics more frequently than any other club. So if it wasn't intentional and they lose a player heading into the finals it's a bit of karma. I'd prefer not to see things like this allowed to go on unpunished until someone cops a truly serious injury. A tackle like that could damage the knee, ankle, hip or cause bad muscle tears.

I don't want to see the game become soft. But the reality of professional sports these days is that it's harder to funnel youth into the game. I'm sure that at least a few parents would see crap like this and decide their kids aren't going to play a game where this kind of thing is not stamped out.
Well said mate, know a few parents who have turned their kids away from League.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Make a rule of only 2 in the tackle?

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
my recommendation is they introduce the figure 4 leg lock next, they can do it on tackle 1 and keep it on for 45 seconds, the referee will just restart the tackle count so its not a problem
It would not surprise me. I'd like to know who the hell they hired to teach their players this shit? I'm thinking a bikie Sargent at Arms or ex SAS drummed out of the service for friendly fire, maybe Blue Boost with his Black Belt in Bullshit?

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Greg "The Hammer" Valentine would be proud, taught the move by his father Johnny who pinched it from Buddy Rogers. All before my time of course ;)

Go Dogs

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
if the nrl actually rewarded players tackling around the legs, we wouldn't have these types of tackles

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
It would not surprise me. I'd like to know who the hell they hired to teach their players this shit? I'm thinking a bikie Sargent at Arms or ex SAS drummed out of the service for friendly fire, maybe Blue Boost with his Black Belt in Bullshit?
They have a wrestling coach, so I would assume he was a wrestler.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
The bulldogs should hire the iron sheik to help the boys master the camel clutch.
Remember the one that used to chomp on the turn buckle pads..George something. That was who taught brad Morin n Graham.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
The bulldogs should hire the iron sheik to help the boys master the camel clutch.
He is a lunatic in real life. You should check out some of his dummy spits. Dude gets pissed off easy. It quite funny really.