Storm table a rich offer for Brandon Smith

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another dream scenario would be letting Flanno Elliot and Allan gone plus the signing of B Smith
Yes if the Storm took Elliott and Flanagan or Allan and we got to keep Cotric and sign Smith for 2022 that would be a dream come true.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ask JWH... Ask him who paid for the build of his new house?

The loopholes are there designed to take advantage. Every team has the opportunities to do something with them though the truth is they have nothing or cant do shit with what they have.
I'm starting to think the Roosters might have been using a few backended contracts and it's catching up with them now. They're pretty quiet on the recruitment front especially considering they've lost several players recently. They had to upgrade Tedesco, will have to upgrade Keary and Manu big time

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, this is my concern too…
Smith, I’d be paying 800 at the most. I think he is needed, but is he a Turbo? Tedesco? Mitchell? Papenhuyzen? Cleary? I don’t think so. I think he is close to the next category. I reckon if we can get him 800 it “May” be a good buy, and one I wouldn’t mind making.

Burton though? I think he is the closest thing we’ll have (including Smith) to that very top class player. Potential ability to be a 1 Mil player. We need to ensure he is kept at all costs, because if he goes to market again, here comes Roosters, Broncos, new Qld team etc…

he’s our priority now!
Someone who speaks some common sense! There is no guarantee that Smith will be for the dogs the player he is at the storm....I would pay close to a mill for grant......we need to be careful here....Burton will need a massive upgrade in 2 years

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm starting to think the Roosters might have been using a few backended contracts and it's catching up with them now. They're pretty quiet on the recruitment front especially considering they've lost several players recently. They had to upgrade Tedesco, will have to upgrade Keary and Manu big time

They need a hooker and a couple of props at the end of this year. Can see them getting Smith and who knows, maybe Haas? Lol.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They need a hooker and a couple of props at the end of this year. Can see them getting Smith and who knows, maybe Haas? Lol.
I've read a few reports that they're still close to on their cap and to keep Manu is going to cost them a fortune. I hope that's true and they can't afford to offer Smith as much as we can. I can't imagine him being the type of guy who would like that club. We have his best mate in JAC. If he were going somewhere for success as his main priority he'd stay at the Storm.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Thing is I can't see us having a spare 800-850K in our cap for 2022. The only way we could afford him is if we trade a high earner like Cotric and also pay some freight (because Storm won't pay full 650K for Cotric). If we did that it would only add about 300-400K to our cap in signing Smith. Other option would be to sell players earning decent money like Flanagan, Elliott, Allan and sign Smith for 2023.
Probably don’t have 850k in the cap left for next year.

I’d say it’s down to a few hundred at best.

Though the hear after is certainly an option which is when he’s off contract. The only way he’s released is a player storm want back (if it’s rfm, Elliott, Allen etc) then there’s the balance.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
600k to play in an elite team....not bad