News Steve Price vows to bring success back to Belmore in new club role

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
At the moment all I’m interested in is which players we’re going to buy for next year and what our team will look like by 2021 and which coach do they have in mind as Pays successor. Let’s get these things right first. If they get these things right then we’ll know if Price has got what it takes. Obviously Price has had a hard on for an administrative hands on role for sometime. He seems determined, but as all things the fruits of his labor will tell us a lot over time
So is his position like gus at Penrith.
General manager of football.
Does that mean price is now pays boss?

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm not against this to be honest. Surprised with the backlash over this announcement.
I'd say most people didn't know Price from day one to day dot at the dogs...

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, and for all we know he could just be using us to get experience and move on, a bit like Greenturd. Career advancement opportunity
On nrl 360 tonight they spoke about the dogs and his appointment and used the word nepotism and jobs for the boys
Ikin said the dogs need to move on from the family club, and hire the best people with corporate governance.
Ikin asked Kent why were they called the family club...his response, bullfrog was the CEO, Lynn in charge of marketing, his son in laws the coaches ...

Malla

Reaction score
On nrl 360 tonight they spoke about the dogs and his appointment and used the word nepotism and jobs for the boys
Ikin said the dogs need to move on from the family club, and hire the best people with corporate governance.
Ikin asked Kent why were they called the family club...his response, bullfrog was the CEO, Lynn in charge of marketing, his son in laws the coaches ...
They can both go fuck themselves

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Ikin is as dumb as a box of hammers and Kent is just a troublemaker like his mate Rothfield. I wouldn’t put any stock in nor be worried about what they mouth off with.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
These are the same guys last night saying that Manly are doing so good because they went back to having "their own".

They just make up shit as they go to fill a segment.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We don't even have to win that much more than we are now, I just want to see some play that makes me happy and growth within the squad. At least we have Liverpool.. can't believe we're already playing Saturday morning.
I’d be looking more forward to epl if my team Man U signed more players lol

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good luck to Pricey. Wish him well. On face value he seems to have plenty of passion and drive. Hopefully a good decision maker to go with it. Only time will tell. He deserves the benefit of the doubt.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Loved Pricey, best Captain ever! I was destroyed when he left.

Now at the risk of having an article written about how bad a supporter I am I wonder what quals he has to oversee a Coach and whole footy department? Obviously I will hope he smashes it but sounds like a pretty big deals job that has a huge amount of affect on everything we do, especially a club trying to rise form the ashes..

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Loved Pricey, best Captain ever! I was destroyed when he left.

Now at the risk of having an article written about how bad a supporter I am I wonder what quals he has to oversee a Coach and whole footy department? Obviously I will hope he smashes it but sounds like a pretty big deals job that has a huge amount of affect on everything we do, especially a club trying to rise form the ashes..
It’s a legitimate concern he hasn’t got any previous experience in a role like this before and his only experience from a football admin point of view is being on the board. Is it a good idea to have someone so green with a coach in the early stages off his career too? Hopefully Pricey is a quick learner because he’s going to have to be.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
It’s a legitimate concern he hasn’t got any previous experience in a role like this before and his only experience from a football admin point of view is being on the board. Is it a good idea to have someone so green with a coach in the early stages off his career too? Hopefully Pricey is a quick learner because he’s going to have to be.
Yeah I was reading the article and was like ok, grocery shop ok lol, insurance company ok then Board and now running a footy department. Well hopefully his completely inexperienced approach works wonders and maybe what we need. Can't tell me it doesn't lean towards a mates job though. No way does someone with those previous things on a resume get's the nod over suitably qual'd people. Obviously the job was never advertised?

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I actually think what they were saying was valid,all lynee seems to do is try to do it like it was done in 1980 they were just saying its 2019

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah I was reading the article and was like ok, grocery shop ok lol, insurance company ok then Board and now running a footy department. Well hopefully his completely inexperienced approach works wonders and maybe what we need. Can't tell me it doesn't lean towards a mates job though. No way does someone with those previous things on a resume get's the nod over suitably qual'd people. Obviously the job was never advertised?
To be fair he does have over 20 years experience at every level of the game working with lots of different players, coaches and administrators where he would have picked up lots of things. Running a grocery store is a bit different to managing a salary cap and negotiating million dollar contracts. I have no idea if there was interviews or not. It will be interesting to see how he goes and I hope he does a great job.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We don't even have to win that much more than we are now, I just want to see some play that makes me happy and growth within the squad. At least we have Liverpool.. can't believe we're already playing Saturday morning.
Yep and that hunt for the first top flight title in 30 years continues

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didn't he openly admit that he had a massive gambling addiction particularly playing the pokies? Lost shitloads of $$.
Whilst at the dogs?

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Family club had nothing to do with blood relations at the club directly. It was more to do with how players and their families were treated.
Yeah well that's what I thought.
Maybe Lynn needs to do an Ivan Cleary and volunteer to get on nrl 360 and clear the air

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Didn't he openly admit that he had a massive gambling addiction particularly playing the pokies? Lost shitloads of $$.
Whilst at the dogs?
I’m not sure if he ever openly admitted it but it’s pretty common knowledge that was a big reason he moved over there.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah well that's what I thought.
Maybe Lynn needs to do an Ivan Cleary and volunteer to get on nrl 360 and clear the air
Problem is we don't look after anyone anymore. Hopefully it changes for the better.