Steve Price, Chris Anderson, Paul Dunn headline Canterbury Bulldogs board challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I just don’t want us to follow other basket case clubs with continual board changes. In my opinion Dib fd up a few things this year and really has a lot of ground to make with members and fans. As fans we demand success 13 years since a premiership is far too long for the Canterbury club.
The new ticket wants to bring back the old Canterbury but let’s remember it’s 2017 not the 80’s. Dib can bring a lot of 3rd party and business on board so it’s a big decision for voting members ‘damned if you do, damned if you dont’ Hasn’t Dib changed the constitution of the board elections which helps him?? If so it could be a tough run for this new ticket. The main point of this needs to be success on the field which will lead to success off the field. A premiership by 2019 would be very nice
I would be happy if they could bring back the 80s. We won 4 premierships in them.

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Really
And what big name players has his connections been able to help us get?
Where did i mention big name players? I said he brings in 3rd party agreements...

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mortimer is on board at Leagues Club... probably won't run cross board.

A few things I'm concerned about with this.
1. Wasn't there dirty laundry around Dunn in the Moore/Noad era, alongside Farrar? From memory that board "did a Hasler" and cost us $250k getting rid of Noad.
2. I don't think having a husband and wife on the board together is a smart idea, but they are doing this using her ticket... Are they just using her?
3. We've had a number of changes in the board already in past few months... that might be enough for Dib to secure a seat again.

The club appears to be rebuilding nicely outside the board, and I honestly don't believe we need something like this upsetting the apple cart just as the club is getting back on it's feet.

Timing is probably a bit shit.. I'd have liked to give current board 12 months to see how things go on the field and how they act before wanting them gone. We really don't know how much of the current board's issues is cleanup work from others now gone/sacked.
Your right.. Its shit timing.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Here's another thing worth considering...

How many other boards have had to get as involved in the clubs day to day running... as ours has in past season.

Ordinarily boards are seen but not heard. They do all the background work and let the CEO run the show.

Therein lies the problem. Castle was a mistake from day dot. That was their only mistake. Once Castle was found to be well and truly out of her depth, the board had no choice than to takeover and cleanup the mess.

I'd be happy giving them another season. If it goes to shit after that then file a vote of no confidence against the board and oust them.

Fuck is Doust can survive as long as he has at Dragons, Dibs got nothing to worry about.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Whether you like Dib or not hes just the chairman of the board, hes not a Politis type with yes men all around him giving him complete control..

Our football club board runs things, not Dib and not any one individual.

Our footy club board also answers to the leagues club board, and they work together. All decisions involving money like re-signing and sacking coaches are ticked off by the leagues club board members.

People pointing their finger at Dib are misguided. Hes not anymore responsible for anything good or bad at our club than any other board member.

The board as a whole make decisions not Dib, not any other individual.

Steve Mortimer is part of the current board and supports the current board. Which one of us really want to get rid of Mortimer?

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
Dib is gone - these guys are bringing back the respect!

Punchbowl Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whether you like Dib or not hes just the chairman of the board, hes not a Politis type with yes men all around him giving him complete control..

Our football club board runs things, not Dib and not any one individual.

Our footy club board also answers to the leagues club board, and they work together. All decisions involving money like re-signing and sacking coaches are ticked off by the leagues club board members.

People pointing their finger at Dib are misguided. Hes not anymore responsible for anything good or bad at our club than any other board member.

The board as a whole make decisions not Dib, not any other individual.

Steve Mortimer is part of the current board and supports the current board. Which one of us really want to get rid of Mortimer?
Lets clear up a few misconceptions here once and for fucking all:

* the football club has 7 directors, 4 of which automatically go on to leagues club board

* the leagues club board has 7 directors, therefore the football club has majority

* both club constitutions written to the effect that the football club is governing body

* football club has around 976 voting members, many of whom are ex players, this number only increases slightly year to year, annual paying members do not vote

* Dib as chairman of football club, in my humble opinion appears to hold sway over most other directors and he and the other three auto appointees to leagues club board therefore have voting control. Dib is a strong character and other directors probably follow his lead in most situations, thats human nature (especially on boards)

* most of us have a lot of respect for turvey (excepting hughes family for sacking garry) and I would like to see him on new board

* proxy voters ie. those who do not or cannot attend agm, can assign their votes to anyone standing for election and NOT only to sitting chairman

As often happens in Bulldogs elections, a mixture of current and new people will be elected, I do not believe there are any substantial voting blocks, however Turvey probably a certainty. My feeling is that maybe one or two new people but Dib remaining in control. I will probably vote for complete change, whilst Dib has made massive changes, those changes were needed because of he and his boards overseer of the multiple fuck ups on their watch. As far as new faces standing having their own agendas, we are part of a club that has always had different groups looking for control, just as Dib did prior to his election. We are fortunate that our club does have democratic elections, unlike others eg. dragons and doust.

This stuff is part of the running of our great club and I acknowledge that current directors have been involved in some good decisions and I urge all of us to chill and not get too wound up in all this. I am too bloody excited with new coach etc to give this stuff much more head space.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

* the football club has 7 directors, 4 of which automatically go on to leagues club board

* the leagues club board has 7 directors, therefore the football club has majority

* both club constitutions written to the effect that the football club is governing body

* football club has around 976 voting members, many of whom are ex players, this number only increases slightly year to year, annual paying members do not vote

* Dib as chairman of football club, in my humble opinion appears to hold sway over most other directors and he and the other three auto appointees to leagues club board therefore have voting control. Dib is a strong character and other directors probably follow his lead in most situations, thats human nature (especially on boards)

* most of us have a lot of respect for turvey (excepting hughes family for sacking garry) and I would like to see him on new board

* proxy voters ie. those who do not or cannot attend agm, can assign their votes to anyone standing for election and NOT only to sitting chairman

As often happens in Bulldogs elections, a mixture of current and new people will be elected, I do not believe there are any substantial voting blocks, however Turvey probably a certainty. My feeling is that maybe one or two new people but Dib remaining in control. I will probably vote for complete change, whilst Dib has made massive changes, those changes were needed because of he and his boards overseer of the multiple fuck ups on their watch. As far as new faces standing having their own agendas, we are part of a club that has always had different groups looking for control, just as Dib did prior to his election. We are fortunate that our club does have democratic elections, unlike others eg. dragons and doust.

This stuff is part of the running of our great club and I acknowledge that current directors have been involved in some good decisions and I urge all of us to chill and not get too wound up in all this. I am too bloody excited with new coach etc to give this stuff much more head space.
Absolutely nailed it mate!

N

Natboy

So annual paying members can’t vote mate?
Why do people join up hoping to vote?

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If Lynn Anderson was so passionate about the Bulldogs, a club her dad helped create why was she on the Gold Coast Titans board till now, helping a rival club.

That club has been a disaster anyway so nothing their to.point to as a success
110 % RIGHT
I say this with full respect to every one involved
Aren't we sick and tired of people trying to use The Great Bullfrog's reputation and success for their own BENEFITS
Regardless of whom they might be !!!
Didn't we miss out on Wayne Bennett once so we could give Kevin Moore a go ?
Mind you I supported the decision.
Didn't hear The Royal Family complaining then !

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Get it right everyone
Canterbury is a multi Billion dollars business
Controlled by two boards of directors
Do you honestly think they would allow an individual ( Dib ) to exclusively make a decision on any major issue ?
THINK ABOUT IT. He is only their front man.
Yes they made one terrible mistake signing Hasler under his terms.
To save the 2017 season and Under extreme pressure from the fans and in attempt to take pressure off the team they agreed on an extension in principle with Hasler ( does anyone honestly know the full details )

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Really
And what big name players has his connections been able to help us get?
When will we understand that Hasler was in charge and Rea Rea as CEO only signed the contracts !

The Dominator

Kennel Established
Reaction score
That is a massively strong rival ticket. Dibs days are numbered.

Punchbowl Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So annual paying members can’t vote mate?
Why do people join up hoping to vote?
two different types of members, those that buy annual membership each year for seats to games etc, these have no voting rights whatsoever, other type of members are football club members who, after joining, have to wait three (not two) years before they can vote

N

Natboy

two different types of members, those that buy annual membership each year for seats to games etc, these have no voting rights whatsoever, other type of members are football club members who, after joining, have to wait three (not two) years before they can vote
Thanks for clarifying mate.
I thought we’d have more people voting than that!
I don’t live in Sydney but am keen to join so I can vote in a few years if we are in a mess again.
Do members get to park in the club game day? That might sway me to go to games if we played a whole season at Belmore!

Status
Not open for further replies.