STEVE GEORGEALIS "the master coach"

Mike Z

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We can ALL say nothing: but ONE or TWO or THREE things I will say is that STEVE G does NOT even have Assistant coach capabilities

For a team that is DEAD LAST and a win on Sunday which would take us off the bottom, why wouldn't he pick OUR strongest available team?

He claims he wants to be a full time head coach - why would he Then PICK the worst available centre pairing in the NRL of any team in the last 20 years.

Where is the creativity of his Rugby league knowledge to show what he is all about?

I am not claiming to be an expert , i am just a dumb layman who could pick a better team then this.

You would think he would do everything in his control to try and win a game... no assistant is better then then the head coach of the same team.

The assistant for example like Dean Young at the Dragons says he has changed some things that he has worked on since taking charge, all this tells me he was not doing his job. What was he being paid for as an assistant?

Anyone can be an assistant if you just have to follow the coaches orders without influencing or motivating the team.
"Basically to me this suggests he is unintentionally admiting he wasn't doing his job as an assistant. Because as the head coach he comes out and says what he needs to change"

If you know that there are issues while being an assistant, bad culture, wrong behaviours, disgusting attitudes, wrong attacking structure and awfully bad defensive set up and then just rocking up to work every day and accepting them, then you have also failed.

The assistant is part of the initial problems. You can't go to work knowing you do not agree with what your saying or working on.

THAT IS EVEN WORSE THAN A BAD COACH just Being A BAD COACH, as atleast the coach believes (rightly or wrongly) he is doing his best and believe in what structures are in place.

Hope you get what I am trying to say.
"WHEN THE COACH GETS THE SACK - THEN ASSISTANT AUTOMATICALLY GETS SACKED"

SACKING DEAN PAY IS NOT JUSTIFIED when the Replacement EVEN for a few months is THE MASTER COACH "STEVE GEORGEALIS"
Steve as a player has the honour to brag that he was part of 7 wooden spoons with the WESTERN SUBURB MAGPIES & NEVER PLAYING IN A SEMIFINAL GAME IN HIS 15 YEAR PLAYING CAREER.

"Steve what a great career"

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
What are we going to say when Barrett does the same shiz?

UndeadShadowMan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's only 4 more games so who cares team playing better under him than Pay anyway

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We can ALL say nothing: but ONE or TWO or THREE things I will say is that STEVE G does NOT even have Assistant coach capabilities

For a team that is DEAD LAST and a win on Sunday which would take us off the bottom, why wouldn't he pick OUR strongest available team?

He claims he wants to be a full time head coach - why would he Then PICK the worst available centre pairing in the NRL of any team in the last 20 years.

Where is the creativity of his Rugby league knowledge to show what he is all about?

I am not claiming to be an expert , i am just a dumb layman who could pick a better team then this.

You would think he would do everything in his control to try and win a game... no assistant is better then then the head coach of the same team.

The assistant for example like Dean Young at the Dragons says he has changed some things that he has worked on since taking charge, all this tells me he was not doing his job. What was he being paid for as an assistant?

Anyone can be an assistant if you just have to follow the coaches orders without influencing or motivating the team.
"Basically to me this suggests he is unintentionally admiting he wasn't doing his job as an assistant. Because as the head coach he comes out and says what he needs to change"

If you know that there are issues while being an assistant, bad culture, wrong behaviours, disgusting attitudes, wrong attacking structure and awfully bad defensive set up and then just rocking up to work every day and accepting them, then you have also failed.

The assistant is part of the initial problems. You can't go to work knowing you do not agree with what your saying or working on.

THAT IS EVEN WORSE THAN A BAD COACH just Being A BAD COACH, as atleast the coach believes (rightly or wrongly) he is doing his best and believe in what structures are in place.

SACKING DEAN PAY IS NOT JUSTIFIED when the Replacement EVEN for a few months is THE MASTER COACH "STEVE GEORGEALIS"
Steve as a player has the honour to brag that he was part of 7 wooden spoons with the WESTERN SUBURB MAGPIES & NEVER PLAYING IN A SEMIFINAL GAME IN HIS 15 YEAR PLAYING CAREER.

Just to be clear on this.

You don't think SG is doing a good job? Sorry, I just couldn't follow exactly what you were saying ...

oldman

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Can someone remind me again why we sacked Pay?

From my perspective the issues relating to the team’s performance are not strictly coaching issues..... the Board needs to have a good look at who they recruited.

I hope I am wrong but TB is likely to be walking into a disaster ... I simply can’t see how we are actively recruiting players without TB calling all of the shots. The so called “war chest” should be his to spend, regardless of cost who the hell thought Blake Green was a good investment in our future. I would rather we invested whatever we are paying Green on a young upcoming half.

The current Board is the classic example of the lunatics running the asylum.

God (and for my Muslim friends, Allah) give me strength to see out this nightmare.

Farcanrefs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

From my perspective the issues relating to the team’s performance are not strictly coaching issues..... the Board needs to have a good look at who they recruited.

I hope I am wrong but TB is likely to be walking into a disaster ... I simply can’t see how we are actively recruiting players without TB calling all of the shots. The so called “war chest” should be his to spend, regardless of cost who the hell thought Blake Green was a good investment in our future. I would rather we invested whatever we are paying Green on a young upcoming half.

God (and for my Muslim friends, Allah) give me strength to see out this nightmare.
For fuck sake wake up. Green was signed for 1 year. Who is the up and coming Hback thats on the market for 2021? You and many others on TK think the board are dumb *****. Perhaps they have a plan and they're after someone who isn't available until 2022. Have a look at the market. There isn't alot of decent cattle available in 2021. Baz will be pulling the strings. Baz coached Green at Manly. Do you honestly believe he isn't having a say?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
For fuck sake wake up. Green was signed for 1 year. Who is the up and coming Hback thats on the market for 2021? You and many others on TK think the board are dumb c***. Perhaps they have a plan and they're after someone who isn't available until 2022. Have a look at the market. There isn't alot of decent cattle available in 2021. Baz will be pulling the strings. Baz coached Green at Manly. Do you honestly believe he isn't having a say?
People will simply say "Make players break their contracts. All the top clubs do that."

Is it really that simple though?

SLushY

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
For fuck sake wake up. Green was signed for 1 year. Who is the up and coming Hback thats on the market for 2021? You and many others on TK think the board are dumb c***. Perhaps they have a plan and they're after someone who isn't available until 2022. Have a look at the market. There isn't alot of decent cattle available in 2021. Baz will be pulling the strings. Baz coached Green at Manly. Do you honestly believe he isn't having a say?
FIVE-EIGHTH
Jack Bird, Jake Clifford, Lachlan Croker, Blake Green, Ben Hampton, Jeremy Marshall-King, Corey Norman, Hayze Perham, Josh Reynolds, Curtis Sironen, Billy Walters

HALFBACK
Tanah Boyd, Matt Burton, Erin Clark, Brodie Croft, Phoenix Crossland, Troy Dargan, Tom Dearden, Kyle Flanagan, Jamal Fogarty, Dean Hawkins, Shaun Johnson, Lachlan Lewis, Jarome Luai, Jock Madden, Anthony Milford, Mitchell Pearce, Jordan Rankin, Adam Reynolds, Ashley Taylor, Connor Tracey, Sam Williams

Those are all the Halves off contract at the end of 2021. Now who the dogs can pick from that is only a few because I'm sure the likes of Luai and Dearden all would be resigned at their clubs asap but if there's any potential pick ups it could come from the likes of Jake Clifford maybe if cowboys go in another direction or play with the Val Homes at fullback again and move Scotty Drinkwater back into the halves with Morgan again, I'm not too sure but someone like that could be possible.

Also if we do sign another young halve don't expect big things, I've said this before but most halves unless athletic freaks or naturally crafty take time to develop and don't fully mature mentally for the game until their mid-to-late 20's... The best thing depending on what we have is if we want a young athletic halve who's a ball dominate runner we need some mature experienced halve next to them to pace the game and set those kicks down field for us.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

You need to focus on other parts of your mental health if you do not think pay was struggling

Superuber

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Sorry but I need to highlight the mistake. Allah is the Arabic word for God that is used by Arab Christians, Muslims and Arab Jews.
Don’t want to make this about religion just feel the need to correct an error.

Reactions: GDR

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

And if we beat Canberra on Sunday?

Mike Z

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
No one has ever called him a master coach before this thread.

He is irrelevant anyway we are dead last and theres only a few games to go.

:/ thread
Just being sarcastic regarding master coach title

Mike Z

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
And if we beat Canberra on Sunday?
If we beat Canberra it would be because Canberra took the dogs lightly and have an off day

A win today wouldn't because GEORGEALIS.

Funny this game is just a regular club game.

We are so shit that winning one club game has become like we won a grand final