Steve Georgallis insists Luke Thompson committed to Bulldogs; backs Kieran Foran to sign new deal (DT)

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I hope you are right because if you're not - this whole beat up about this " War Chest " is nothing but BULLSHIT!!! So far our 3 million bucks has got us - one a Failed coach who is to busy concentrating on winning a premiership for Penrith as an assistant coach, to worry about recruiting players 4 us, a quality "WINGER", A disappointing homesick English forward who is being rested after playing four games so he can mend a broken heart, and one 33year old broken-down halfback for one year to replace another 33yr old broken - down 5/8 who is the better of the two, Mean while players like Josh Papali, Josh Adocar, Alex Johnstone, Nathan Peats, Connor Watson, Triston, Sailor, Jake Friend ,Tyrone Roberts, & lots of other good players who are of contract with their clubs are being snapped up by other clubs, While we count the 5 cent pieces in our imaginary "War Chest" and get ready to field the same DUD players that we have been winging & complaining about for the last 3yrs against the Roosters in 2021.
It may be blind hope but I am choosing to have some in Barrett, I really need to at this point otherwise I will walk away completely. The rest is really hard to argue against when I read signing news all the time from other clubs.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The likely team
1 Staines / A. Hopoate
2 DWZ
3 Cotric
4 Hopoate
5 Averillo
6 Burton
7 Green
8 Thompson
9 Smith
10 Ogden
11 RFM
12 Elliott
13 Jackson

14 JMK
15 Napa
16 Doorey / Stimson
17 To'omaga

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
It may be blind hope but I am choosing to have some in Barrett, I really need to at this point otherwise I will walk away completely. The rest is really hard to argue against when I read signing news all the time from other clubs.
The trend I've noticed lately is players are linked to certain clubs before news of their release is made public.
Ryan James was rumoured to be Canberra bound whilst on contract! A few weeks later it happened.
Blowjob Leilua had tigers rumours and bam! Just like James, a few weeks later he signs in the dead of the off season. Curtis Scott, arrow. List goes on.

Now I know what you are thinking.
'Nasheed, you're onto something, but HOW be this happening?'

Well,
The answer I believe is clubs are looking at players they want, looking at their clubs situations (3 centres) and headhunting directly through their manager.

It's not even illegal.

It would be a situation where a CEO calls a manager such as Ayoub and says 'Shu what up Ayoub? Yo, what's poppin with BJ? He under contract? We are a fan of him at my club so if he available he would be valuable to us for 400k'
Manager hears that and engineers it in the shadows.

We need to do the same.

Right now yo we have Sharks with Moylan, SJ, Townsend and some young dude all battling for halves.

The NRL top 100 has Townsend at 500.

This is where Lynette needs to get on the phone to the manager and ask if Townsend is on the outer, because we have a spare 550 over 4 years to offer him.

That'll be music to the ears of the player manager, and next thing you know we have our experienced injury free game managing number 7 at a reasonable price.

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope you are right because if you're not - this whole beat up about this " War Chest " is nothing but BULLSHIT!!! So far our 3 million bucks has got us - one a Failed coach who is to busy concentrating on winning a premiership for Penrith as an assistant coach, to worry about recruiting players 4 us, a quality "WINGER", A disappointing homesick English forward who is being rested after playing four games so he can mend a broken heart, and one 33year old broken-down halfback for one year to replace another 33yr old broken - down 5/8 who is the better of the two, Mean while players like Josh Papali, Josh Adocar, Alex Johnstone, Nathan Peats, Connor Watson, Triston, Sailor, Jake Friend ,Tyrone Roberts, & lots of other good players who are of contract with their clubs are being snapped up by other clubs, While we count the 5 cent pieces in our imaginary "War Chest" and get ready to field the same DUD players that we have been winging & complaining about for the last 3yrs against the Roosters in 2021.
I hope I'm right too! It's been tough work the past few years

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The likely team
1 Staines / A. Hopoate
2 DWZ
3 Cotric
4 Hopoate
5 Averillo
6 Burton
7 Green
8 Thompson
9 Smith
10 Ogden
11 RFM
12 Elliott
13 Jackson

14 JMK
15 Napa
16 Doorey / Stimson
17 To'omaga
This would be my pick also and if all cards fall our way gettable for 2021.
Any chance of this team would take us to the finals next season

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Playing smith in the centre is crazy as we all have seen only spot for him is wing. Meaney needs to be fullback. Hoppa in centres can create some good attack. But we do need players with leadership qualities which we are missing at the moment. Avo I would like to see him play the rest of season in the halves to see if he is suited there for next year