Steve Folkes Quits- Super Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldog Power

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im ok with this so long as folksey never coaches against the bulldogs

imo he isnt the greatest clubman ever IF he does take up a post with another NRL team

I reckon folksey should be head trainer for the dogs

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
WTF is weidler, wilson & rothfield gonna write about now, most of there material is gone but i guess theyll just make up crap like always.
hope folkes gives it to em one last time
They will write that Folkes fell on his sword/quite before he was sacked!!! the wnkers...always a negative spin

FOLKES ABSALUTE CHAMPIAN!!!

sounddog

Waterboy
Reaction score
thats all folks ..... you were an awesome coach for us .... thanks for all the great memories ...... but back to buissness ... kevin moore for one year then bring on the big guns .... drum roll please .......... bellamy or kearney... or D anderson ..... but please dont sign ian millward or murry thet are siht

doggzfan4lyf

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
have kevin moore for 2009 2010 n then go after tim sheens :grinning: hes off contract end of 2010 i believe

Mo_Idriss

MeaN MachinE
Reaction score
im not happy.... i still dont think changing this is gana make us a better team,,,

we just dont have the players .... right now

cjrich

Pissed
Reaction score
Gould. The board should be like the Godfather and make him an offer he cannot refuse.

J

Johnno

you fukn beauty!!!
Massive loss for the club, you should be shot btw you don't know what just happened but will realise in a few years.
There are teams with half brained fans who would give there left arms for folkes

the_gamee

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Gould. The board should be like the Godfather and make him an offer he cannot refuse.
I for some reason wouldnt mind that, i just think he will tell the boys to play crap against the Roosters, even if it was in a GF

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
Under Folkes' coaching, the Bulldogs won the NRL premiership in 2004 the same year he was named Dally M coach of the year. He coached them to a grand final in 1998, semi-finals on three occasions (1999, 2001 and 2007) and preliminary finals twice (2003 and 2006).

this was from fox sports

this is why i dont get why we are tryingto get rid of him

Bellz

Bellz
Reaction score
A sad day indeed :( All the best to him!! Will miss you Folkesy!

mr j

Kennel Established
Reaction score
will folkes throw caution to the wind

now that folkes has come out and said this will be his last year as coach, do you guys think he will finally make some risks in the team selections and give the younger guys a go. ie groom. he has nothing to risk now and i hope he does not persist with crap players. holdsworth should not be playing half even though his kicking game has stepped up ten folds this year

DOGGYDOGG

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Folkes will always pick the team he think will get the job done... which is basically the same team Kevin Moore will be naming next year. Nothing is going to change for at least the next 5 yrs.

mr j

Kennel Established
Reaction score
wasn't the point in changing coaches to somehow coincide with changing things in the team. if not whats the point in having a new coach. folkes might of well stay for another 5 years

C

chipandchase

Massive loss for the club, you should be shot btw you don't know what just happened but will realise in a few years.
There are teams with half brained fans who would give there left arms for folkes
well lets see if he gets a job anywhere else then stupid

wattman316

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
wow 11 years as our coach,not many people can do that.
well done Folkesy well done.
you will be a legend forever at the bulldogs
thank you folkesy,thank you folkesy,thank you folkesy,thank you folkesy,
thank you folkesy,thank you folkesy,thank you folkesy,thank you folkesy

Status
Not open for further replies.