~c.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
How tragic. It goes to show you can be fit and still have heart issues :(

A guy at my work had a massive heard attack (exact same one that Kevin Smith just had) last month whilst at work and he had signs for weeks that he just put down to being unfit. I think he really knew but it is such a male thing to ignore issues. So scary, don't ignore any signs people.

Rest in Peace Folksey

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Forever a Bulldogs legend! Thoughts and prayers to his family and friends.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
How tragic. It goes to show you can be fit and still have heart issues :(

A guy at my work had a massive heard attack (exact same one that Kevin Smith just had) last month whilst at work and he had signs for weeks that he just put down to being unfit. I think he really knew but it is such a male thing to ignore issues. So scary, don't ignore any signs people.

Rest in Peace Folksey
Last year, a friend of mine had a heart attack at 41, whilst at the gym. Who knows how/why?

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Couldn’t believe it boys. Life’s too short. Let’s all live it like it’s our last day!!!

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Woah what a shock, young age RIP.

Endeavour

Kennel Participant
Gilded
Reaction score
Such sad and shocking news.
Rest in peace.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Such sad news.. As tough as they come..played well above his weight.. Bulldog legend.. League legend.. went far too early.. RIP Steve Folkes

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Last year, a friend of mine had a heart attack at 41, whilst at the gym. Who knows how/why?
Yeah I am no Doctor but I think being fit doesn't necessarily mean much. Your diet can still cause calcification in the arteries around the heart no matter how fit you are. There's probably plenty of genetic factors that you cannot help as well.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I was checking my emails and came across the one from the club notifying us of the passing of Steve Folkes. Did not even realise at the time I was looking on the Kennel that this thread was about this very thing.

This guy pretty much epitomized what it meant to be a Bulldog player; tough, uncompromising and always proud to don the blue and white jersey, a 100% effort each and every time. A fitter bloke you would not find and on many occasions made players ( and also participated himself) in some pretty awesome bikes rides aimed at fine tuning fitness and making those involved give it all to push themselves beyond what they felt was possible.
His wife Karen passed away in 2013 on or about the 28th FEBRUARY an eerie coincidence and had an award the "Karen Folkes memorial award" named after her. I hope that something fitting is done to remember the life and contribution to the game of Steve.
A real gentleman was Steve and I was lucky enough to have had a few conversations with him at fan days and games.

To his family and friends I send my sincerest condolences, another champion has left us. RIP Steve, taken far too young.

Status
Not open for further replies.