Stephen Crichton

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Any lesser center would've gone for the miracle play by trying to get on the outside and force a pass but our guy was calm and collected and went for the kick placement to get a repeat set and try to build pleasure, high IQ footballer.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He will be one of the best signings bulldogs have made ever if he keeps up his form. What an absolute beast can’t wait for him to be a bulldog
Mate, he can't possibly keep up his form.
Be serious.

We aren't buying him to to keep up his form.
We are buying him to improve what we have and build on it.

I'm sceptical about the acquisition mainly due to the fact that he is not a recognised spine player - which is what we desperately need.

He'll be one of our best - no doubt.
But like a couple of others on here, I'm not sure that will be enough to elevate us.

We need improvements at 5/8th and halfback not to mention forwards and possibly fullback.

I have more faith in Taaffe being a revelation at FB or HB than Crighton being anywhere near his top Panthers form

Dogiezz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Critta is not winning a GF next year. But if he is part of a start on changing the tide of our rubbish culture and abysmal confidence levels, he will be worth it.
Bro, we are due to win GF in 24 :tearsofjoy:

I'm cheering for the dogs to go all the way but in reality, just want to watch improvement. Next year we will improve :hearteyes:

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why? Who’s taking his place ?
There's a number of players you could put into 5/8ty role and they'll show up Burton.

Hutchinson and Taaffe for starters but ultimately and towards the back end of season I think you'll see KO push for that position also.

Dogiezz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Be serious.

I'm sceptical about the acquisition mainly due to the fact that he is not a recognised spine player - which is what we desperately need.

But like a couple of others on here, I'm not sure that will be enough to elevate us.

We need improvements at 5/8th and halfback not to mention forwards and possibly fullback.

I have more faith in Taaffe being a revelation at FB or HB than Crighton being anywhere near his top Panthers form
Forwards are what are needed. I'll bag the halves out after we get them.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Be serious.

We need more good players regardless of position. Cleary and Critta were the two that led the comeback. He's a game changer in attack and defence and has scored tries in Origins and a try in 4 straight Grand Finals.

Of course we need more forwards but signing the best centre in the comp at only 22 years old will do for now.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Class player and a great signing but so was Burton, fox, kiks and Mahoney and have all turned to shit with us ... hopefully critta doesn't become another

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The argument against this signing essentially seems to be that we shouldn't sign good players from other successful clubs because they won't be successful here as we're shit..

So I guess the answer is to overpay for more rejects that nobody wants like Napa and Flanagan etc?

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
The argument against this signing essentially seems to be that we shouldn't sign good players from other successful clubs because they won't be successful here as we're shit..

So I guess the answer is to overpay for more rejects that nobody wants like Napa and Flanagan etc?

People need to realise we need to get who we can. Obviously a star half back would be the best case scenario, or front rower, but fuck all available. Crighton is a good signing, I hope he goes well here.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Let’s be real here, the Panthers have the magic we use to have back in 2001 2002, they have a great leader in young Cleary, a great production line of juniors pouring through that absolutely love the club and they all love where they’re playing footy, plus they’re all coming through together as mates and want to win for each other ..

We had this culture back when Panthers wished they were us … and it’s these exact points the negative @04 Dreaming and @Flanagun ***** don’t understand, it takes time to build back this type of winning culture ,, it comes from having stability within the management and the focus on the juniors to build it …. 2 GF’s in the lower grades proves Goulds slowly heading us in the right direction & has the right type of people in charge to get us there … hence the have some patience comments, and see the bigger picture ..
I have lost count of the number of times I’ve told you I’m all for us rebuilding pathways…. But we still need better decision making that will improve our club in the short term…. We shouldn’t have to wait another 5 years for success. We haven’t played finals in half a dozen years and when Gus signed on here, he said we wouldn’t t take as long to fix as the panthers, because our club was in better shape. He should 100 percent be measured against those words… no matter how hard he tries to change the messaging.

Flegg results don’t always translate to premiership success. Penrith went back to back in 2006-07 in flegg and didn’t win a comp until 2021. They only finished in the 8 twice between 2008 and 2015.

If young players don’t think they will win in first grade here, or if they believe they aren’t being developed right, they will just go elsewhere.

Now please stop tagging me and trying to intellectually one up me. The reality is, I’m much smarter than you.