Official Stephen Crichton signs with the Bulldogs 2024

Do you think Crighton will make a good fullback?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Short lived?

3 straight GFs and back to back.

You guys are funny.
Yep, definitely not short lived in the modern day. Playing in three straight GF is very rare these days let alone winning back to back titles.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
That’s a different argument bro. Edwards was trash and was nowhere near the player he turned into. Give Critta a chance at FB and IMO he will excel.
It's my argument though. He's a huge gamble at fullback and hopefully people have realised that now. Even I'm sick of talking about him now :tearsofjoy:

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They have depth for days, but need to make good choices with their team selection - Mitch Kenny is rubbish (Soni Luke is better but he’s no Korisau), Dylan Edwards is grossly underrated and Kiks is a bigger loss to them than they thought.
You'll see how much of a loss Kikz is when u see him run around for us... Guy is heads and shoulders above any other backrower in the game.

850k = MONEY WELL SPENT

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's my argument though. He's a huge gamble at fullback and hopefully people have realised that now. Even I'm sick of talking about him now :tearsofjoy:
I think it is a gamble but I reckon it will come off. He is a class player

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You'll see how much of a loss Kikz is when u see him run around for us... Guy is heads and shoulders above any other backrower in the game.

850k = MONEY WELL SPENT
Will give Burton a nice line option and space too. I reckon he also gives Alamoti a nice intro to first grade as well

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
They have Peachy to come back in too with Martin Edwards & Sorrenson. I think they’ll still be top 4.
Bit of an unsung hero Sorenson, cleaning up and doing the dirty work

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Will give Burton a nice line option and space too. I reckon he also gives Alamoti a nice intro to first grade as well
Its crazy what he offers... Attack and defense.

Panthers are stupid tbh.. Would have thrown the bank at him and released another 2.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
British backs are notoriously shit in the NRL, with few exceptions.

For every Dominic Young, and Brian Carney- there’s at least 2/3 who have come and failed:

Richie Mather, Ryan Hall, Oli Gildhart*, Sam Tomkins, Zac Hardaker
There is no doubt that more Great Britain forwards have had success in the NRL but there are plenty of backs that have succeeded for example Jonathan Davies, Ellery Hanley, Tommy Bishop, George Williams etc.

Always a Bulldog

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His stats make an interesting read in NRL.com
- most runs and run metres in the team
- equal highest tackle breaks
- highest post contact metres
- 1 less error than Cleary
- no missed tackles [emoji3]

The point? Relax, it’s 12 months before we get him…
Add the try of his bomb. I’m not worried at all by his performance. In fact a lot of the core fullback qualities he already has at a decent level. One catch he tried over his shoulder he knocked on and the one where the tackler hit him under the ball, anyone would have dropped it.

Give him a lot more time at the back and he’ll be fine.