Official Stephen Crichton signs with the Bulldogs 2024

Do you think Crighton will make a good fullback?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hes been signed on fb money so where does that leave Averillo? I think if he goes well enough this year he might end up a utility and backup to a lot of positions
If we start badly, Flanno will be first to go and we'll be looking for a half. Avo failed badly there, but we are very thin on half options and Perham, or even Kiraz, could play fullback. Wouldn't be popular on TK but unless Flanno isn't a dud anymore (highly unlikely), we'll be scratching around for half options at some stage. A confident Avo might be a very different Avo, if what Gus says is true.

Woofwoof1980

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Right centre
At the Dolphins on overs.... I like Avo but he has had plenty of opportunity in different positions, at times had shown great ability and athleticism, however he makes too many mistakes and costs us dearly. If he can become more consistent and play good footy week in and week out he'll be offered a contract extension. You need depth in your back line anyway. The ball is in his court really.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If we start badly, Flanno will be first to go and we'll be looking for a half. Avo failed badly there, but we are very thin on half options and Perham, or even Kiraz, could play fullback. Wouldn't be popular on TK but unless Flanno isn't a dud anymore (highly unlikely), we'll be scratching around for half options at some stage. A confident Avo might be a very different Avo, if what Gus says is true.
To be fair Averillo went ok as a HB before Barrett arrived... Flanagans defence keeps him in the side and he has bulked up from last year. Its a tough one but if Flannagan does fail do you give Averillo a shot at again? Judging from what i seen at training the other day he has regressed.

transom

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
To be fair Averillo went ok as a HB before Barrett arrived... Flanagans defence keeps him in the side and he has bulked up from last year. Its a tough one but if Flannagan does fail do you give Averillo a shot at again? Judging from what i seen at training the other day he has regressed.
No you give Josh Reynolds a go just to test him.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No you give Josh Reynolds a go just to test him.
Would love too! I reckon Josh could offer plenty.. But the test for Josh would be NSW cup tbh and whether he could cut it there.,,

Last edited:

transom

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You are forgetting somebody that is another option if needed.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Do you reckon JR will make the top 30? Only 2 spots left I think and one at least will be an outside back IMO.
We need a prop and a prop quick
Don’t know why the Nathan brown deal didn’t come thru?
Maybe money and parra not chipping in enough

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Gus said he’s leaving 1 maybe 2 open til a few rounds in
I know he definitely said not all 30 will be taken up by round 1 nor was he in a rush to fill the 3 spots
That's the way it should be. Previously we just handed spots out to anyone.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Umm thanks for the quick maths lesson?
Are u insinuating burton is a better gk?
If so I do not agree and there is a reason why chriton was second choice at panthers whilst burton was there
Im insinuating that in my opinion Burton has been given goal kicking duties at the club due to his position in the team and the clubs regard for him. I think that will continue in 23 even with arrival.

not having a go at you, just don’t think it’s super valuable input if you want to convince the people against his signing.

Flanno kicks 80%+ too, but he’s not in the clubs plans.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Umm thanks for the quick maths lesson?
Are u insinuating burton is a better gk?
If so I do not agree and there is a reason why chriton was second choice at panthers whilst burton was there
Burton started off badly as a goal kicker but was crushing them and kicking at a very high percentage by seasons end. Crichton is a very good goal kicker too. Strikes them very well.. I think Burton will keep kicking as he seems to want that responsibility but it's a good problem to have two kickers that kick at a high percentage.

Dingobat

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Burton started off badly as a goal kicker but was crushing them and kicking at a very high percentage by seasons end. Crichton is a very good goal kicker too. Strikes them very well.. I think Burton will keep kicking as he seems to want that responsibility but it's a good problem to have two kickers that kick at a high percentage.
If we sign Moses than we will have 3 capable goal kickers.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
If we sign Moses than we will have 3 capable goal kickers.
I have a feeling that we have signed him… parra news has gone way too quiet and must be coming close to the end wherever his going .. but damn three goal kickers will make life so much easy during origin and any injuries if any of the three sustain