Official Stephen Crichton signs with the Bulldogs 2024

Do you think Crighton will make a good fullback?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sam Perrett moved to fullback and killed it.

Crichton has far better attributes, I cannot see a scenario where he would flop at FB. Also he does not fall to the ground like Tedesco.

Averillo is not safe at the back and he doesn't eat enough metres as of right now. Crichton is fitter than fatrell and can go the whole 80mins.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

Crichton has far better attributes, I cannot see a scenario where he would flop at FB. Also he does not fall to the ground like Tedesco.

Averillo is not safe at the back and he doesn't eat enough metres as of right now. Crichton is fitter than fatrell and can go the whole 80mins.
100% and he has played alot of fullback in juniors. Has also filled in at fullback for panthers over the year, young, fit and is a winner, he knows how to win.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Killed it!!!
I couldn't stand Perret at fullback letting sooo manys trys in and clapping to himself when he fucked up.
Soooo frustrating!

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
100% and he has played alot of fullback in juniors. Has also filled in at fullback for panthers over the year, young, fit and is a winner, he knows how to win.
Not a fan when he played fullback he never backed up and didnt have any xfactor.
Because we dont have a halfback who can game manage we need a fullback who can set up plays.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
He's a good player and a great athlete in open space, but I think he's a far better centre than a fullback and worry that we'd pay too much for him.
Pretty much how I feel.

I see him as a great athlete. Looks good at centre in a deadly team.

Tago, Burton in their first seasons in nrl looked elite at centre too. Both high quality players though just saying it’s a lot easier to look good in centre there.

Look at Remis at storm…

He is clearly a very good athlete, young, fairly fast and strong.

That said his replaced I think Staines at fullback when edwards was out and Staines was hooked and didn’t show me much.

The only positive on the gamble to me is if he failed at 1 it’s an elite centre still less than staggs

That said I’d prefer to get an elite gun 1/7 than risk again. Like we finally replaced Ennis with Mahoney we haven’t replaced barba or an elite 7 since old noddy.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He knows how to be carried by a gun team.

EL Hefe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Throw the kitchen sink at him, no literally I don't want him anywhere near my club

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Pretty much how I feel.

I see him as a great athlete. Looks good at centre in a deadly team.

Tago, Burton in their first seasons in nrl looked elite at centre too. Both high quality players though just saying it’s a lot easier to look good in centre there.

Look at Remis at storm…

He is clearly a very good athlete, young, fairly fast and strong.

That said his replaced I think Staines at fullback when edwards was out and Staines was hooked and didn’t show me much.

The only positive on the gamble to me is if he failed at 1 it’s an elite centre still less than staggs

That said I’d prefer to get an elite gun 1/7 than risk again. Like we finally replaced Ennis with Mahoney we haven’t replaced barba or an elite 7 since old noddy.
Crichton has been okay at fullback, certainly had his moments but never stood out on a consistent basis. I wouldn't complain if we signed him. But I hope it wouldn't be for crazy money and would worry with the big price tag, the expectation would make things harder for him.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No doubts Crighton is athlete and a gun in a top team like the Panthers. when he has space and time he can annihilate oppositions...don’t know how he would go in our team.....and you would want him to ball play for 800k a year...

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’d take him. Will only get better with age