Status of bottle-throwing offenders ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Here's the thing : At AFL games in recent years, if a racist yells out something objectionable, they're identified within a couple of days and memberships revoked and/or bans issued. The fans have decided enough is enough, and see to it that the person who brought disrepute to their club is dealt with.

So why haven't we identified our offenders yet ?
Have any been "spoken to" ???

Sure, there were 40,000 people there, but these were Cat1 members !
It's a small pool to identify people from. How many of them can there be ???

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
One is actually seen on TV footage throwing a bottle in front of one of those rent-a-cops in front of the tunnel.

And there was a lot thrown from in front of the kennel too. Not just cat 1.

N

Natboy

Don't forget all the tight arses who sneak in to the members area haha. Sorry to all the people I just offended haha
The cameras are very good and people have been spoken to already.
I just fired a long email off to Ms Castle and am hoping I get a reply

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Don't forget all the tight arses who sneak in to the members area haha. Sorry to all the people I just offended haha
The cameras are very good and people have been spoken to already.
I just fired a long email off to Ms Castle and am hoping I get a reply

mate interested/ curious to know the content of your email to castle. :grinning:

N

Natboy

mate interested/ curious to know the content of your email to castle. :grinning:
Mate just a lot of things that we have spoken about on here mainly the standard of refs and that is what is really turning fans away, the hell we have been through as fans, how teflon Todd is now treating us in a harsher manner to save himself from being called biased, how we support the club but NOT the NRL. I also mentioned Assassin's idea that we will be covering up the NRL logo on all of our merchandise with black tape as a protest. I rambled on a bit but I expect to get a response

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Mate just a lot of things that we have spoken about on here mainly the standard of refs and that is what is really turning fans away, the hell we have been through as fans, how teflon Todd is now treating us in a harsher manner to save himself from being called biased, how we support the club but NOT the NRL. I also mentioned Assassin's idea that we will be covering up the NRL logo on all of our merchandise with black tape as a protest. I rambled on a bit but I expect to get a response
good job and hope you get a response.

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
Here's the thing : At AFL games in recent years, if a racist yells out something objectionable, they're identified within a couple of days and memberships revoked and/or bans issued. The fans have decided enough is enough, and see to it that the person who brought disrepute to their club is dealt with.

Too many of our 'supporters' have the **** da police/problem with authority issue...

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Apparently they open up that section before full time to everyone so I guess that's why a delay in catching those stupid ****s

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
Apparently they open up that section before full time to everyone so I guess that's why a delay in catching those stupid ****s
Cat 1 is opened to everyone before full time? I get my membership checked by security at the entrance throughout the game whenever I come back from getting a beer to having a slash? Not sure what you mean.

Izy

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Think about this.

What would stop me wearing a Rabbitohs jersey, going to one of their games and just start launching bottles at the refs? Not that I would ever do that. Hypothetically speaking.

Would the Rabbitohs have competition points taken away from them?

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Think about this.

What would stop me wearing a Rabbitohs jersey, going to one of their games and just start launching bottles at the refs? Not that I would ever do that. Hypothetically speaking.

try it

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Am I seen as a bad guy and someone who encourages bad behaviour if I see this whole situation as an over reaction by the media?

i hate when fans put a bad image on our club but jeez in the heat of the moment last seconds of game and to lose it like that you can kind of forgive someone for throwing a bottle on the field and assume they didn't really mean to harm anyone... Greg bird glasses his mRs and then plays for Australia yet we want to ban some fans that let passion take over for life? Fmd

i don't condone the behaviour but why the over reaction? Dragon army have been lighting up flares for years don't we think that is a lot more dangerous then throwing an empty plastic coke bottle...?

i don't believe people would have full bottles of coke at that time of the game.

like I said I don't support this behaviour but life bans for that is over the top.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
The NRL's kneejerk reaction is laughable and our response has been weak.

N

Natboy

Think about this.

That is a legitimate concern that has been raised. Also people will always try to bait our fans as it doesn't take much for some of them to snap.
I am particularly concerned about the dragons and manly supporters. We don't need any more drama

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol

What club do u despise? ;)

Not low to do it, but if someone did, what do you think would happen?
I always hated the Roosters but Souths take the cake.

what would happen? It would be swept under the rug just like the cases of Isaac Luke,GBurgess,AReynolds concussion,Broncos Salary Cap breach,etc etc

NRL's hand must be forced, so i suggest when launching a bottle,coin, chair or any other projectile make sure you get the ref in the head

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I am a cat 1 member but I left literally right after we kicked the field goal as my wife is heavily pregnant and I had my 2 year old daughter. We wanted to get ahead of the crowd otherwise I would have been able to identify a lot of them I think

Boldslug

Waterboy
Reaction score
Think about this.

This is why a club can't be "punished" with a loss of points for crowd behaviour, it opens up this type of possibility of people trying to sink another club's chances.

Izy

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is why a club can't be "punished" with a loss of points for crowd behaviour, it opens up this type of possibility of people trying to sink another club's chances.
Absolutely.

If ANZ Stadium management and the NRL are serious about security then they have a big task ahead of them.

Dogs, Tigers, Eels, Souths all play out of Homebush. That's not including the Swans, Wallabies. Then you have the Semi's and Grand Final.

I mean if the NRL even twitch and mention competition points there will be a MASSIVE backlash.

N

Natboy

I am a cat 1 member but I left literally right after we kicked the field goal as my wife is heavily pregnant and I had my 2 year old daughter. We wanted to get ahead of the crowd otherwise I would have been able to identify a lot of them I think
I'm in 131 but it seemed 99% of the bottles were coming from a couple of aisles right of that

Status
Not open for further replies.