State of Origin - NSW Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Josh and Hodko were ordinary today, although maloney played no better last night

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Things are looking rough for nsw as JT and the big 3 have been great these past 2 weeks

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I thought Reynolds and Hodkinson were good today but not spectacular. A Reynolds and Sutton were rubbish and Maloney was even worse. He spent the whole game attempting to avoid the ball.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I know everyone is hoping no bulldogs players (especially our halves) get picked for NSW because it will deplete our squad during origin. However, I hope we have alot playing and win the series. If they win, massive confidence for them involved to be the first team in 8 years to beat QLD. We might get knocked out of top 4 but we have the strike power to remain in the 8. And if we had players in origin and won the series, they will be better prepared come finals. I understand if we lose, then not the best. But the way I see it, the more we have playing, the more likelihood of a win. Origin is built on playing for your mates. The bulldogs are one of the most if not most united NRL side going around at the moment. Our players play for each other week in week out. This bond is made for Origin I say!
Stuff the SOO as much as I like it, but I like the position we are on the table more
Need to finish 1 or 2 massive advantage

Barba's Barber

puppy power
Reaction score
Josh Jackson MUST be named for NSW or else Daley has rocks in his head.
The guy was in everything today vs Warriors. Well played Joshy

maghus123

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Did you know the last halfback to play for nsw before pearce was brett kimmorely

Thats a long time ago

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Did you know the last halfback to play for nsw before pearce was brett kimmorely

Thats a long time ago
Kimmorely was a grade above pearce in skill as well. Pearce would have to be the worst origin half back ever

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kimmorely was a grade above pearce in skill as well. Pearce would have to be the worst origin half back ever
Watching closely this past month, I wouldnt let j.reynolds near the 6 jersey. During club games, he presents a hectic energy and that reflects in his play style. Frankly, he needs to stop being a hero and just read the game and play as he should, none of this sideways shit.

NSW don't need that right now in the halves. They need a guy whose in control at all times, because pissweak is like frantic like reynolds. reynolds will be in the side though, but as a utility.

however, if pissweak is out, i am all for hokko and reynolds.. but i dont know if reynolds can withstand the scrutiny. how many times have we seen him throw a pass to ground? or put up a shit kick? numerous times. SOO is a stage where those mistakes will reverberate amongst media, analysts and fans. Is he ready mentally? Will he come back a crushed man if he screws up?

Harby

Trance Family
Reaction score
I've revised my team.

2014 NSW Origin I

1. Hayne
2. Morris
3. Morris
4. Idris
5. Taufua
6. Reynolds
7. Hodkinson
8. Gallen
9. Farah
10. Tamou
11. Williams
12. Lewis
13. Watmough

14. Merrin
15. Woods
16. Jackson
17. Sutton

Blue&White

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've revised my team.

2014 NSW Origin I

1. Hayne
2. Morris
3. Morris
4. Idris
5. Taufua
6. Reynolds
7. Hodkinson
8. Gallen
9. Farah
10. Tamou
11. Williams
12. Lewis
13. Watmough

14. Merrin
15. Woods
16. Jackson
17. Sutton
Good team. Not sure about Sutton.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Count Carney out .. nuked his hamstring again.

Surely Tolman would have to be in, and possibly even Klemmer as a smokey on the bench.

Jackson deserves to be there, he's been brilliant.

Another HUGE smokey for origin ... Paul Carter. Can play hooker, lock or second row, and has been fantastic this year for the Titans. NSW boy as well! Ex Aus Schoolboy, and in 2012 and 2013 played for NSW junior origin / reisdents sides.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I wonder if peter wallace will get a call up, daley did mention he didnt want any rookies in the side and wallace has played origin before.

You would have soward and wallace as the halfs lol, both guys have played origin and penrith are going well

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I wonder if peter wallace will get a call up, daley did mention he didnt want any rookies in the side and wallace has played origin before.

You would have soward and wallace as the halfs lol, both guys have played origin and penrith are going well
Whatever you're on, please pass some over...

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Some of the core of the QLD team is getting on in years, and not a shadow of what they once where, you'd have to rate NSW a good chance this year, if they select, and play right........ so, in other words, congrats QLD Daley should win this one for you.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Things are looking rough for nsw as JT and the big 3 have been great these past 2 weeks
I haven't thought the big 3 looked all that big at all for 95% of this season..... the most impressive QLD player so far this year is the one from NSW.

Status
Not open for further replies.