Squad for next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
After going through our squad and signings I reckon these are the 25 'top 30' players we've got signed so far for next year. Could be a couple out - I'm not sure whether players can drop out of the top 30 once they're in it - depends how contracts are registered?

The players at the bottom are off contract at the end of 2019. Probably only Smith, Martin and Ogden are worth keeping, but the others won't free up much cap space. I'd like to see Harper and Woolford get promoted to the top 30 next year, then buy a few guys (a decent experienced hooker, a big prop and a fast outside back). I'm pretty sure Crighton and Meaney are the only 2 signed beyond 2020.

COGGER, Jack
CRICHTON, Christian
ELLIOTT, Adam
FAITALA-MARINER, Raymond
FORAN, Kieran
HOLLAND, Kerrod
HOPOATE, Will
JACKSON, Josh (c)
KLEMMER, David
LEWIS, Lachlan
MARSHALL-KING, Jeremy
MEANEY, Nick
MONTOYA, Marcelo
SMITH, Chris
SUE, Sauaso
TOLMAN, Aiden (vc)
TO'OMAGA, Renouf

BROWN, Fa'amanu
FUALALO, Danny
LICHAA, Michael
MARTIN, Rhyse
OGDEN, Ofahiki
OLIVE, John
SMITH, Reimis
TUALAU, Francis

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Hopefully Burr gets promoted though we already have a stack of middle forwards there. Definitely need another outside back.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm with you on promoting Woolford and Harper to top 30.

Malla

Reaction score
Hopefully Burr gets promoted though we already have a stack of middle forwards there. Definitely need another outside back.
Is Burr a front rower these days? He is a tackle machine, would be a good bench addition.

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
holland and smith are giving us street cred, we just desperatly need a hooker and halfback without trying to pump up foran because we cant rid of him

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hard to not agree with your list. I have some doubts about Brown, Taulau, Olive and Too'maga. Are they worth keeping??

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Is Burr a front rower these days? He is a tackle machine, would be a good bench addition.
Yup. He has improved with every game this season. Runs at pace, makes good metres and can break a tackle or pop a good offload away. Defensively he is solid and gets through plenty of tackles like you said.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hard to not agree with your list. I have some doubts about Brown, Taulau, Olive and Too'maga. Are they worth keeping??
I would persist with taulau and toomaga however brown and olive have failed to impress. Besides olives notable try vs the tigpies earlier in year he really didn’t do much.

Brown well didn’t do much tbh. I wish he had one full game so we could see if he is a capable hooker.

xreedmatic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I reckon Pay will go with

1. Meaney
2. Hoppa
3. CHN
4. Holland
5. Smith
6. Lewis
7. Cogger
8. Tolman
9. Segeyaro
10. Klemmer
11. RFM
12. Jackson
13. Elliott

14. Sue
15. Martin
16. Fualalo
17. Ogden

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone wants certain players in and certain changes to the squad next year. But, the issue with making too many changes for 2019 is that there will be too many unknown variables and a risk of going full circle. What we learnt from this year is that when the squad changes it takes time for the team to adapt and click. We all saw this with dean pay dropping frawley after a few rounds in and bringing jmk.

Since Holland and Reimis are comfortable with each other and playing well i don't think this should be changed. I also think that Will Hopoate should keep the 1 position next year. whenever he touches the ball he looks to create something in attack. Yes he is slow and yes he is no "x factor" but he has a good pass and reads the opposition defence well. Hopoate has played his best footy this year when he took over number 1 from mbye. i think putting him back in the centres will mean going full circle which we don't want. I also think that meaney is an unknown variable so hopoate > meaney.

As For Moz replacements i would go with a Crichton-Olive combo. But, i think pay will go with Chrichton-Montoya. And, i don't think Pay will buy segeyaro. He will keep Lichaa.

sviruch

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You forgot the forward from penrith
CHN...
Derrrrrrrr.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Form should decide !!!
The most likely starting team
1. Meaney