Squad for next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haslerhasworms

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If that is our squad - give or take a player or two - we will be in a lot of games next year too.
Execution in opposition 20 is where we have severely lacked for last couple years and I'm not convinced we have the solution yet.
Top 8 chance though me thinks

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I cant see Segeyaro fitting into the Bulldogs system

Isaac Luke still has a couple of good years in him, and seems like a player who would fit into the Bulldogs system.

All these signings - Meaney, Cogger, Sue, CHN are from money left over from Morris Bros, Mbye, Woods & Eastwood, and by the looks of it we still have enough for another decent signing (i.e hooker or centre)

If we didnt have the useless pricks in Lichaa, Brown & Foran, that cap money could buy us 2 serious players

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Best 2019 Team with current squad

1. Will Hopoate
4. Kerrod Holland
5. Reimis Smith
6. Lachlan Lewis
7. Kieran Foran
8. David Klemmer
9. Michael Lichaa
10. Aidan Tolman
11. CHN
12. Reece Martin
13. Josh Jackson

14. RFM
15. Adam Elliott
16. Sue
17. Ogden

18. Danny Fualao
19. Chris Smith
20. Cogger
21. JMK
22. Nu Brown
23. Montoya
24. Toomaga
25. Burr

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
At this rate I think we should end the season in the top 5 at least.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score

5. Reimis Smith
6. Lachlan Lewis
8. David Klemmer
10. Aidan Tolman
11. CHN
12. Reece Martin
13. Josh Jackson

14. RFM
15. Adam Elliott
16. Sue
17. Ogden

18. Danny Fualao
19. Chris Smith
20. Cogger
21. JMK
22. Nu Brown
23. Montoya
24. Toomaga
25. Burr

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I will be a tough grind next year. The players bought in are good players, but they are not likely to instill fear into any other team.
If we finish in midfield next year, it will be a good year.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I still prefer Sue in the run on side. He is better suited to the rough and tumble in the first 20 minutes than Martin.
Holland (if hes still here) can kick pretty well. I also like CHN in the centre. Theres a vacant spot there and he will fill it nicely.
Will be good to have a centre who can tackle.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I still prefer Sue in the run on side. He is better suited to the rough and tumble in the first 20 minutes than Martin.
Holland (if hes still here) can kick pretty well. I also like CHN in the centre. Theres a vacant spot there and he will fill it nicely.
Will be good to have a centre who can tackle.
What part of Sue plays through the middle and not on an edge do you not understand?

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Our development squad next season should look like:

Samuel Radovu (2019)
Zac Saddler (2019)
Brandon Wakeham (2019)
Matthew Doorey (2020)
Morgan Harper (2020)
James Roumanos (2020)

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I really don't rate Martin's general game all that much, other then he's goal kicking he doesn't provide much, he is an ok defender, makes average metres, doesn't really offload, doesn't hit holes at pace all that much, and as seen yesterday he doesn't always have the highest footy IQ. I feel like we overrate him a lot due to his kicking percentage, I think he's % went down to 95% after yesterdays miss (still ridiculous) but if that number drops to 85-87% next season as he has always been throughout his career then is he more valuable then RFM? who has heaps more potential, a bigger body, great offload and if he fires he can make more metres then Martin ever could. A lot of people seem to forget how good RFM was earlier this year and I see a lot of people benching him for next season which would be a fuck up in my opinion.

And im also expecting Jackson and CHN to also start in the backrow alongside either RFM or Martin with Elliot on the bench.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
1. Meaney
2. Crichton
3. Hopoate
4. Holland
5. Smith
6. Lewis
7. Foran
8. Tolman
9. Liccha
10. Klemmer
11. Jackson
12. CHN
13. RFM
14. JMK
15. Sue
16. Elliott
17. Ogden
18. Martin
19. Fualalo
20. Montoya
21. Cogger

That's with the current squad, though I'd like to see us get a decent centre if one becomes available. If Meaney doesn't make the fullback spot his, then Hoppa to fullback and either Olive or Montoya to centre.
RFM to play in the middle, he did look good on the edge early this year but CHN is a better option. Jackson's ball playing and short kicking game on the edge this year stops him being moved to 13.
JMK is the bench utility, can cover hooker and backline injuries.
Ogden, Elliott and Sue can all play thru the middle, but if we don't get 80 minutes out of the edge backrowers RFM can move to an edge.
Depth is our biggest issue, but if the boys continue to improve as they have the last couple of months and Foran stays injury free then we may threaten the 8 in 2019.
In reality we're still a couple of seasons away though.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

1. Will Hopoate
4. Kerrod Holland
5. Reimis Smith
6. Lachlan Lewis
7. Kieran Foran
8. David Klemmer
9. Michael Lichaa
10. Aidan Tolman
11. CHN
12. Reece Martin
13. Josh Jackson

14. RFM
15. Adam Elliott
16. Sue
17. Ogden

18. Danny Fualao
19. Chris Smith
20. Cogger
21. JMK
22. Nu Brown
23. Montoya
24. Toomaga
25. Burr
I would put Meaney well ahead of Cogger IMHO

The Dominator

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Our development squad next season should look like:

Samuel Radovu (2019)
Zac Saddler (2019)
Brandon Wakeham (2019)
Matthew Doorey (2020)
Morgan Harper (2020)
James Roumanos (2020)
Could someone please explain to me exactly how these development positions work? Can they play 1st grade?

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
1. Meaney
2. Crichton
3. Hopoate
4. Holland
5. Smith
6. Lewis
7. Foran
8. Tolman
9. Liccha
10. Klemmer
11. Jackson
12. CHN
13. RFM
14. JMK
15. Sue
16. Elliott
17. Ogden
18. Martin
19. Fualalo
20. Montoya
21. Cogger

That's with the current squad, though I'd like to see us get a decent centre if one becomes available. If Meaney doesn't make the fullback spot his, then Hoppa to fullback and either Olive or Montoya to centre.
RFM to play in the middle, he did look good on the edge early this year but CHN is a better option. Jackson's ball playing and short kicking game on the edge this year stops him being moved to 13.
Ogden, Elliott and Sue can all play thru the middle, but if we don't get 80 minutes out of the edge backrowers RFM can move to an edge.
Depth is our biggest issue, but if the boys continue to improve as they have the last couple of months and Foran stays injury free then we may threaten the 8 in 2019.
I much prefer that pack big and mobile and a good bench

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Meaney
2. Crichton
3. Hopoate
4. Holland
5. Smith
6. Lewis
7. Foran
8. Tolman
9. Liccha
10. Klemmer
11. Jackson
12. CHN
13. RFM
14. JMK
15. Sue
16. Elliott
17. Ogden
18. Martin
19. Fualalo
20. Montoya
21. Cogger

Meaney shouldn’t be anywhere near the firstgrade team, not even on the bus for a lift home

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Meaney shouldn’t be anywhere near the firstgrade team, not even on the bus for a lift home
Meaney has only played a handful of NRL games, hopefully with a solid preseason he can improve.
If we did pick up a good centre before 2019 then Hopoate will get the fullback position.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could someone please explain to me exactly how these development positions work? Can they play 1st grade?
The NRL website page on how the salary cap works doesn't mention development players. Just the straight 9.1 million for the top 30 players.

I think it just refers to the young players we have on minimum contracts but are being developed in the FG squad. We need about half a dozen of these in the top 30 I reckon to afford one or two more decent players for 2019.

Status
Not open for further replies.