**** sports tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
anyone watch sports tonight just then?? they conveniently linked us with the warriors salary cap issue.

"ironicly the warriors play the bulldogs this week in a trial match" and went on to say bulldogs were fined $500,000 and stripped of 37 points back in 2002.

why do they find it necessary to bring that up yet again? its 4 years on now, we are over it...i think its about time that the news did.

Tunks

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
well it is an irony...perhaps we can give them some pointers on how to handle it...it will not get the same media frenzy as what we copped as they are not a Sydney club, and they are not the Bulldogs.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
how does a trial match link back to salary cap rorts? thats shocking journalism.

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
i dont think it was right that they used us an example after it happend 4 years ago....

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
hey about the salary cap issues. if we where found out in round 5 we would have lost all our points which at the time i think was 7. so would that have been it??? insteas of loosing 37???

how can you put a precident like that. warrioirs havent played any games. and i think they are more over than us. (heard rumers of arounf the 1 million dollars)

so what happens is gallop gonna say play all seasond and we will chop your comp point at the end. or will they start the season with minus 37 points.

F R 3 D 5 7 A

√ [ό] √
Reaction score
The Bulldogs will always be treated differently.

We are seen in the eyes of the NRL and the league community as "the villians" and "repeat offenders"......

We have been branded everything from "rap1sts" to "cheats" to "terrorist mob" etc etc etc etc

The only thing we can do is worry bout what WE CAN CONTROL - That is fans on their best behaviour, and players performing on the field and staying out of trouble off the field. And the board should put all this divisive "hughes" saga behind them and work on moving this club FORWARD.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
dont worry about it

if it was a rival club that broke the salary cap, we would be bringing it up again and again

i agree its not nice to read about it all the time, but you have to admit

2002 was the benchmark for salary cap breaches in the NRL

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
funny that people say the nrl hates us.

even though i reckon we have the largest fan base of all nrl clubs if not australian clubs in australia.

merchandise sales can not lie.

the dogs could be hated by lots but i reckon it is one of the most supported and loved club.

coastaldog

COACH
Reaction score
i know it all water under the bridge,
but im glad it was brought up for the fact that the media know the stance that was taken on us and nearly expect it to be handed out to other offenders.
as for bringing all the other offences we have been accoused into this debate,,
it really cant be for the fact that our salary cap breach was our first offence and all the other crap happened after it..

Mo_Idriss

MeaN MachinE
Reaction score
Were the dogs m8 we are hated no matter what especially the media they farkn hate us... stuff em

Old Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The REAL irony is that both clubs have had the same club captain at the time of these indiscretions. Poor ol' Pricey.

Cammo

Bulldogs Tragic
Reaction score
It was mentioned because we were the first. I think we are reading a bit much into it here just because they mentioned our breach when talking about theirs. There will always be comparisons.

I can't stand the media as much as anyone else, but I think we would be crazy not to think that we would be mentioned whenever there is a breach that is as serious as ours was.

DJ1

Ninjadillo
Reaction score
The Warriors only owned up to the scam this week to create extra headlines in the lead up to our match against them.

It's all a marketing ploy.

Blue Beard

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Well the precident has been set hasn't it, they should be dealt with the same way we were.

But my opinion is now and always has been that the players shouldn't be punished for it, they are probably still trying to figure out whats going on, so why should they start the season with any kind of disadvantage?, The management should face the punishment not the players and fans and stripping points from the team is only a penalty on the players and fans, while the real culprits continue on their merry way.

If the Warriors are over the limit I still question how some of the other teams are not???not mentioning any names, we all know who I am referring to.

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
DJ1 said:
The Warriors only owned up to the scam this week to create extra headlines in the lead up to our match against them.

It's all a marketing ploy.
Doubt it, they probably wanted to clear their own name since they are new management, and land mick in it:grinning:, i want someone to egg his house

A

Abz

I wouldn't get too worked up about it. You are getting angry at this and that's what the media wants. Ignore it and the media will drop it. Let it go mate...

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Whenever there is a salary cap breach, they will always compare it to us because of the way the salary cap was breached. The same as the Newcastle players that did that **** pre-season last year was compared to the Coffs Harbour garbage in '04.
It sux, but it will continue for a long time. People that are'nt Doggies supporters (the reporters)usually hate us and love bringing back the ugly incidents of the past.

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
BAZA said:
It sux, but it will continue for a long time. People that are'nt Doggies supporters (the reporters)usually hate us and love bringing back the ugly incidents of the past.
Like my sister

but shes just a blonde biyatch who only does it to wind me up, i just dont let her get to me know cos i know she only wants to go nuts .... i could always just pull her hair or sit on her:grinning:, shes very small for 18

C

Cookie^Monstah

meh like it or not we are always going to be brought up when other scandals occur...

i feel sorry for the Warriors tbh, eveyone is breaking the salary cap regardless of how innocent you may think any club is but they've obviously found loopholes or ways of covering for it. the unlucky ones get caught out.

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
CooKie MonstaH said:
meh like it or not we are always going to be brought up when other scandals occur...

i feel sorry for the Warriors tbh, eveyone is breaking the salary cap regardless of how innocent you may think any club is but they've obviously found loopholes or ways of covering for it. the unlucky ones get caught out.
Yea i feel sorry for them too :sleep:
Why cant the roosters be found out >:(

Status
Not open for further replies.