[SPOILER ALERT] Live chat Dogs v Parra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rottie

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I know this is hindsight brother but really I would have played Cook at half and Maitua at 5/8 rather than moving the whole team around. After all, what's the point of having a reserve grade side and giving a bloke an opportunity only to effectively say to him 'we don't trust you' by playing him out of position?
Jackson would have been in my forward pack and Ennis would have stayed at hooker.
As I said before though, if I was that good I'd be doing Des' job and he out-earns me by a bit so take it for what it is worth.
I guess des thinks they aren't ready, at the end of the day most reserve graders never make it in NRL, I'm sure if we had better options des would've used them obviously we need more depth in our backline, I just hate how ppl question our head coach for losses we copped for obvious reasons

CBDog

In the Zone
Reaction score
What choice did he have? 5 of our top players were out +2players getting injured 1st half, the only depth we have is in the forwards, as much as ppl say blood in young guns guys like Thompson, cook aren't really players you can rely on to bring a game home, we're back under the radar at least
'The only depth we have in is in the forwards'
Well fark me both ways.
What does any team build their success on.

A good, solid no nonsense pack of forwards

It should have been then and easier for the rest to follow.

1. Our forwards got owned again as they were last game.
2. Our stand- in backs had no platform to work off.

\You would think that Des would have rammed it home what was required.

Our new halves, backline looked on the backfoot all game because they had no incendency.

Graham to me looked as he was going through the motions. Not knocking himself out if he was not going to be supported.

Two weeks ago on top of the ladder will be just a memory 4 weeks from now.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Im a sucker for punishment. Im watching the reply on Fox!

Rottie

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
'The only depth we have in is in the forwards'
Well fark me both ways.
What does any team build their success on.

A good, solid no nonsense pack of forwards

It should have been then and easier for the rest to follow.

1. Our forwards got owned again as they were last game.
2. Our stand- in backs had no platform to work off.

\You would think that Des would have rammed it home what was required.

Our new halves, backline looked on the backfoot all game because they had no incendency.

Graham to me looked as he was going through the motions. Not knocking himself out if he was not going to be supported.

Two weeks ago on top of the ladder will be just a memory 4 weeks from now.
Brother wait till we have our top 8+ players back we'll be a major threat to comp don't you worry, graham was probably puffed out, understandably so was kas all the boys were, I mean the boys are fit but not '15 man' team fit

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dad and I left anz as soon as parra scored there last try. Absolutely disgusted.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I was at the game right on the 50m line and I gotta say, really pissed off about the refs. The entire first half Parra weren't onside from once in defence yet the refs never called it up. It was only called up once due to them being as offside as you can get 10m out from the try line.

All Hail Mitch

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I asked is our foward pack a myth 3 weeks ago, I have my answer now.

Also Des still hasn't developed a new game plan from 2012.
This, I think, is the crux of the situation. Early in the year Hodkinson and Reynolds had stepped up and added a bit more variety to our attack. Sadly over the past three games our attacking play has returned to the state of last year (Last week, sets of six in the opponents half consisting of six one out hit-ups you have to be kidding)... easily read, heavily forward based, something which the majority of teams had developed defensive tactics against by the end of 2012.

I realise that we were missing a large number of key players today, and for some reason Des had decided to play half the team out of position, but there are worrying signs for the rest of the season. I hope we can turn it around, I truly do, but I'm not confident. All the same I'll be barracking for them.

All Hail Mitch

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah...BUT...Parra were away from home and without Hayne. They only win 13.8% of games when he isn't there. We just became a stat.
Agree with both comments. The Eels were also missing Nathan Peats who has been a large part of their unfortunate resurgence this year. It's going to be tough remainder of the season with the injuries starting to rack up.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
a gust of wind would make a tackle on templeman
You are correct but he still would of been a better option than ennis. Ennis struggles with his position, do you think he could play in a more important position?

What's done is done, I still lovr Des but he f***ed up today.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We had our halves out due to Origin and Parra had there halves playing and we had a better side on paper?

you are a dead set pork chop. Go give yourself an uppercut
Ur a fck wit go give ur massive head an upper cut.
we had "ennis" best player in the world to some, tony williams origin player, lafai (future superstar), kas, eastwood and jammer all internationals, josh j and finucane (rep players), and big dave klem off the bench.
ur conparing them to the gambling alco sandow who played fb ffs and corey norman and who???
ur living in a bubble and we played atrocious u blind princess

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are correct but he still would of been a better option than ennis. Ennis struggles with his position, do you think he could play in a more important position?

What's done is done, I still lovr Des but he f***ed up today.
At the beginning of the week I had Trex @ 5/8 and Matuia at 1/2. It did not cross my mind once to have Ennis playing 1/2. Thats what Des went with, and at the end of the day I knew we were going to lose with both our halves out and our back up (Mbye) out, no matter who came in

CBDog

In the Zone
Reaction score
I was at the game right on the 50m line and I gotta say, really pissed off about the refs. The entire first half Parra weren't onside from once in defence yet the refs never called it up. It was only called up once due to them being as offside as you can get 10m out from the try line.
Yeah that what pisses me off more than anything else.

At home on TV, Fox and Ch 9 , they are being told to zoom in close at the play the ball, not a wider view and not show how ALL sides are off side and can be penalised
at the referees whim.
Plus calling 'hold' when a player is about to offload when he is more than capable to do so. Has forward momentum.
The player offoads and then they call it back.
So fcking corrupt.
The league as a whole is treating the fans with utter disrespect and expect us to cop this crap.
It is not the as how the teams perform which determines the outcome but the 'riding instructions' given out to refs. before they take the field.
It is this why numbers are down at games.
The NRL like to make the comp. close so to appease all fans from all clubs, hence the bullshit 8 out of 16 clubs making the semis.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I am just as entitled to my opinion as u are but dont tell me to give myself an uppercut and call me a pork shop for voicing it. If the standard of play and commitment/execution from our players today esp our "captain" doesnt concern u than i cant do anything to change that. The club i support does not make excuses such as origin players were out and the ref was not good etc. we had 17 players take the field today and in my humble opinion only 3 maybe 4 max can hold their head up high. Plus the coach is always accountable as it is a results driven business and des cannot escape criticism.

Status
Not open for further replies.