Spencer Leniu

Big Vibe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hope we ain’t paying him too much if true. He ain’t a game changing signing whatsoever.

We need a 7 and that elusive rockstar fullback.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hope we ain’t paying him too much if true. He ain’t a game changing signing whatsoever.

We need a 7 and that elusive rockstar fullback.

Without a strong pack a 7 and rockstar fb won't do shit, We're light in the prop dept. We have patalo, king and Thompson. If tpj maintains 110kg he will prob play 13/12, Even if we use tpj as a prop 1 injury to 1 of the above has us using unproven players.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Without a strong pack a 7 and rockstar fb won't do shit, We're light in the prop dept. We have patalo, king and Thompson. If tpj maintains 110kg he will prob play 13/12, Even if we use tpj as a prop 1 injury to 1 of the above has us using unproven players.
Sutton pele Hughes tpj can all cover prop. Along with rfm I think he will be used in the middle with Davey at backrow. Another reason to have alamoti in the side is his running. He runs hard and makes a heap of metres add in Skelton and kiraz all metre makers.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
But for real i don't see all the hype with him? He was a noticeably poor defender in that Panther team and has never really been trusted to play extended minutes. He also didn't make a single offload all season. Don't think he's what we need at all.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
But for real i don't see all the hype with him? He was a noticeably poor defender in that Panther team and has never really been trusted to play extended minutes. He also didn't make a single offload all season. Don't think he's what we need at all.
To be fair he's never been given consistent minutes. His form at the end of the year and in the finals shows the upside he has..

The lack of offloads are surprising but maybe he was instructed not to? Plus we have King, TPJ, Kikau and RFM etc who offload a tonne..

He also had 5 tries and 33 tackle busts on the season. Plus his yardage is very impressive.. He made 100 metres plus 6 times despite rarely playing more than 25 minutes...

Either way, he's only scratching the surface of his potential. If he can improve his fitness, he'll make a big impact with whoever he signs for.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need his explosiveness and energy. We are lacking that prop that just runs hard and straight consistently. Leniu seems pretty quick and athletic too. We have enough other offloaders in the team so that shouldn’t be a worry

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I like the signing. As long as we haven’t overpaid than i’m all for it. If Ciraldo’s pre seasons are described as ‘hell’ than blokes like Pele, TPJ and Leniu will benefit greatly of it.