Daily Telegraph/Rothfield Spencer Leniu

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Been dropped for the past two weeks and basically would of missed the grand final last year if TPJ didn’t get injured. Matt Eisunhuth and Jaeman Salmon are both favored over him (lol).In this thread it was confirmed he was very close to signing but chose to stay with mates, maybe with Burton and Kiks here he might change his mind with the situation.
He’s rumoured to be lazy as fuck. He played over 70mins in reserve grade and couldn’t even punch out 100’m

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
With Vaughan going I’d be happy to see us land him. Vaughan’s been good for us. Much better than Thompson. We need someone else to push forward. Hopefully either leinu, Royce hunt or that other big frank pele sign and kick on. We need someone upfront. Otherwise I’d be going all Out for haas and release Thompson.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He’s rumoured to be lazy as fuck. He played over 70mins in reserve grade and couldn’t even punch out 100’m
Yes he seems lazy but i feel like we need him on the bench as an impact player. Start TPJ with Thompson or Jackson at prop. Have King and Morrin share the lock. Start RFM and Kikau.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Its always good to have good back up players in case of injuries. I think we have that now.
What we need is a few established players, especially prop forwards.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Its always good to have good back up players in case of injuries. I think we have that now.
What we need is a few established players, especially prop forwards.
We need Thommo to fkn play

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I would take Spencer over Thommo, he is a strong aggressive player, good fit for us, sign him up.

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I reckon you're spot on. Whatever happened to Renouf? Weren't the roosters the ones who got him for a steel and were going to turn him into a star under Robbo?
Apparently a lazy trainer another renouf t

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I wouldn't read too much into a player spending a couple of weeks in reserves. If it's true that he's a lazy trainer it may be that they're trying to get him to realise he needs to earn his place.

Unless there's a hidden issue or off field incident that he's been involved in, I dare say he'll get back into the top 17 soon enough rather than getting a release.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Plays minimal minutes when in FG anyway doesn't he..possibly because he is a porker? Lol
Hummer body with a Yaris engine type seemingly this guy.
Though I do agree we possibly need another grunt prop with Vaughan leaving..

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes he seems lazy but i feel like we need him on the bench as an impact player. Start TPJ with Thompson or Jackson at prop. Have King and Morrin share the lock. Start RFM and Kikau.
What about Sutton?
I really don’t think we should be signing guys with red flags anyway as that has killed us in the past. Leniu might have potential but that’s obviously not enough for hie current coach who has him behind a toiler in Eisenhuth and guy who won’t be there next year in Salmon.
It seem’s that he’s not motivated to enough break into one of the most dominant teams in recent times with guys he came up with.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Still think Vaughan should of been re-signed.
Could of fucked off Thompson to resign Vaughan ffs. Hopefully we have a backup plan to replace vaughan but we probably dont.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
What about Sutton?
I really don’t think we should be signing guys with red flags anyway as that has killed us in the past. Leniu might have potential but that’s obviously not enough for hie current coach who has him behind a toiler in Eisenhuth and guy who won’t be there next year in Salmon.
It seem’s that he’s not motivated to enough break into one of the most dominant teams in recent times with guys he came up with.
I still think we should take the gamble because when he is playing at his best, he’s definitely the best forward on the field. If we get Ciraldo maybe he can come over with him and feel that Ivan Cleary isn’t in his situation anymore and he might play to his potential.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still think we should take the gamble because when he is playing at his best, he’s definitely the best forward on the field. If we get Ciraldo maybe he can come over with him and feel that Ivan Cleary isn’t in his situation anymore and he might play to his potential.
But if you can’t motivate him to play for a title how are you going to get him to turn up for a struggling side?

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I wouldn't read too much into a player spending a couple of weeks in reserves. If it's true that he's a lazy trainer it may be that they're trying to get him to realise he needs to earn his place.

Unless there's a hidden issue or off field incident that he's been involved in, I dare say he'll get back into the top 17 soon enough rather than getting a release.
Leniu knocked back our much better offer to stay loyal to the Panties and close to his friends,
He was regarded as one of the bright talents in the game, where did it go wrong for him ?
Is he getting cold feet there, is he truly lazy or is he coming with Ciraldo ? :-)

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah 100%. He was the signing I was most excited before the season as we finally had an experience prop with decent size, leg drive. A shame he’s gone. Experienced props are underrated
I believe we must have a better replacement coming otherwise we would have kept him.