Official Spencer Leniu rejects rivals to re-sign with Panthers

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
“rested” he barely gets minutes anyway.
He would of been a literal god at the dogs, re-signs to play ~20 minutes a game (been terrific at that too) and now reserve grade...

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He's been getting fuck all minutes. I think he's been dropped to get more minutes in Reserves. He should have signed for more with us and he'd be playing all the minutes in FG he could handle.

It's not like they're stacked at prop either. They have JFH and Leota and that's about it. They're basically prioritising Eisenhuth and Martin etc over him.

I bet Fletcher will say this is best for his development etc. More like they promised him a bigger role and fucked him over. He's good enough to play big minutes and has played well this season when given a chance.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
“rested” he barely gets minutes anyway.
He isn't getting rested, he's just going to play reserve grade and get more minutes into him. You can afford to do that when you're coming first.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Was this thread resurrected out of concern for Leniu or to complain?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Was this thread resurrected out of concern for Leniu or to complain?
Can't it be both? Haha. It's bizarre he only gets 20 minutes some games. As I said, they only have two legit front rowers in their 17 each week aside from him and they surely promised him a bigger role when he re-signed..

I'm sure eventually he'll get more minutes because he's too good to be playing Reserves or getting 20-30 minutes a week.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can't it be both? Haha. It's bizarre he only gets 20 minutes some games. As I said, they only have two legit front rowers in their 17 each week aside from him and they surely promised him a bigger role when he re-signed..

I'm sure eventually he'll get more minutes because he's too good to be playing Reserves or getting 20-30 minutes a week.
In all honesty I think we have ample sour grapes threads on the forum. I'm getting a feeling that this one is about to turn into another one.

I can't stop the sour grapes threads about players we missed out on or released before they stepped up to play a good game(s) elsewhere. I don't really try to stop them. But I know that I have developed the ability to roll my eyes better than a 14yo getting good advice they don't want to hear from a parent from seeing these threads pop up so frequently.

Just seems like a waste of words regretting things that didn't turn out as we wanted.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Their first and reserves are both first ,they are trying to keep them all,this is their year then a heap of talent will be leaving and trent knows them all

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
In all honesty I think we have ample sour grapes threads on the forum. I'm getting a feeling that this one is about to turn into another one.

I can't stop the sour grapes threads about players we missed out on or released before they stepped up to play a good game(s) elsewhere. I don't really try to stop them. But I know that I have developed the ability to roll my eyes better than a 14yo getting good advice they don't want to hear from a parent from seeing these threads pop up so frequently.

Just seems like a waste of words regretting things that didn't turn out as we wanted.
You can't stop the threads but you can stop yourself from replying.
It's a "waste of words" replying to it aswell.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

There's definitely an element of sour grapes as we made him a big offer, he's exactly what we need short and long term and he's not being utilised properly right now.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well i was sort of expecting a Leinu wants out speculator thread due to the lack of game time, wouldnt be the first more like the 31st :laughing:

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
LOLLL Oh well suck shit to him that’s what loyalty gets u these days in the NRL.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
LOLLL Oh well suck shit to him that’s what loyalty gets u these days in the NRL.
He wasn’t dropped he was sent back to get game time in his legs

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He wasn’t dropped he was sent back to get game time in his legs
Likely true, but you just reduce Leota or ideally Eisenhuths minutes imo

Last edited:

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
the Panthers have such a stacked squad, some player rotation makes sense

we should monitor Leniu's progress though over the next couple seasons... I think we are going to make more than one attempt to bring Leniu across

dogsballs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Oh well hard to criticise them for anything really when you just won 9 games in a row. Wish he came to us but the panthers are obviously doing something right.

ElMagic92

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Oh well hard to criticise them for anything really when you just won 9 games in a row. Wish he came to us but the panthers are obviously doing something right.
Yeah... winning....

Lol