News Spencer Leniu “As good as done”: Penrith enforcer set for surprise club switch

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
$700K get real....since when does Gus over pay??? He pays you what he thinks you are worth. If anything Gus would cut your nuts off and sell them back to you. How many players has he already sent packing. :grinning: $700k yeah right.

Even when certain sections of the media and Kennel where quoting $900k plus for Matt burton Gus had him signed for $750k....And Burtons our future.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Spencer wants 700k+ he’s not getting it
Dragon paid 500k for Francis Molo, he'll get 500k comfortably here imo. Other clubs might offer more. For him to not pick us someone would have to pay big overs.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Is this Dylan Napa / Tony Williams 2.0?
Imagine 700k for a bench forward that struggles to even play an extended stint off the bench LOL.
Unless we have inside info the price tag is only a speculation but $700k is overs, I know he knocked back our $400-450k offer couple of years ago for a lot less to stay with his mates, this time around the salary cap problems at Penrith will force the issue.
As for his credentials, he will be 23 this season it is the prime time for him to step up and become a leading prop, I believe he will !

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
[QUOyone knows that this is make or break season for him and some of us are wanting to give him a fair go, not too much

And you call me The Riddler :tearsofjoy:
Haahaahaa

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
$700K get real....since when does Gus over pay??? He pays you what he thinks you are worth. If anything Gus would cut your nuts off and sell them back to you. How many players has he already sent packing. :grinning: $700k yeah right.

Even when certain sections of the media and Kennel where quoting $900k plus for Matt burton Gus had him signed for $750k....And Burtons our future.
Its already gone up too..750 now and will be 800-ish by close of business Friday lol
Trust Gus/CC like @Super duper said..relax.

My Shawarma

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'm hoping Pele can step up after the much harder training he's been doing lately. Imagine if we had coming off the bench TPJ, Leniu and Pele (virtually all at the same time)
I think Pele could be that guy, Patolo has to step up or it is bust for him

My Shawarma

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The formula is simple stack the forward pack

Cam and Gus running the show we will have more class in the spine to be a consistent top 4 competitor.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
It’s an interest quote for sure. Either he’s lying. Leinu done or declined.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It’s an interest quote for sure. Either he’s lying. Leinu done or declined.
Gus has always been the king of spin.....like when he was asked:

"When are we going to have a bit of news on who's going to coach the Doggies next year?" Paul Gallen asked Gould on 2GB radio on Saturday.

"I've got no idea, mate ... I'm too busy doing other things," Gould said.

Ciraldo was announced as Bulldogs coach the following day. :grinning:

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

"When are we going to have a bit of news on who's going to coach the Doggies next year?" Paul Gallen asked Gould on 2GB radio on Saturday.

Classic Gus :grinning: Love him or Loath him.....I'm glad he's a Bulldog :grinning:

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/gould-defends-handling-of-dogs-coach-pursuit-20220815-p5ba38.html

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Mate I don’t watch as closely as you but I just love the way these things unfold. No wonder he has achieved so much so quickly a workaholic,of this calibre is what the fans here needed.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score

I get that but he didn’t flat out deny something like he has there… no offers for 23/24 out right now etc is clear. So either signed or declined or just flat lying.

Again could be a case as tomorrow we send an offer but yeh. Very clear comment.

If Leinu is signed it will be announced any day I’d say or it might be a bit off. Or declined.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
As others have suggested it means the deal
Is done or it’s rejected with Leinu. It just means the negotiations are over.

Also we do need to support our 2023 team or else we are looking At tomorrow and tomorrow never comes.
Agree but what Brady I think it was said is spot on. The top agents for 24 aren’t going to be on market long. Think kikau and Mahoney.

Crichton another.