News Spencer Leniu “As good as done”: Penrith enforcer set for surprise club switch

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I doubt Gus would be saying this while we have a player signed in secret. It might be a move to make Leniu decide if he wants to remain at the Panthers or receive an "official" offer from us.

You would think it would need to be exactly like Crichton. FIRST Leniu has to tell the Panthers he's not re-signing and they likely announce it publicly like they did with Crichton and then we officially make Leniu an offer and sign him. I just hope what Gus is saying doesn't mean we don't have the cap to sign Leniu if we want him. Maybe we only have enough cap if we move on Thompson but Gus is thinking of keeping him. Remember they've all just gone through this bonding stuff. Hard to cut players at the moment. I read the 2 Poms Sutton and Thompson are close. Maybe they think Sutton needs Thomo. Maybe Gus is still hoping to sign Sutto's mate George Williams.

Personally I think Leniu pretty much completes our picture for 2024 if signed even if we need to shed Thomo to do it. Dom Young also would be a bonus.

Doubt Leniu will still be on the market if we wait for Thomo to fail

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I doubt Gus would be saying this while we have a player signed in secret. It might be a move to make Leniu decide if he wants to remain at the Panthers or receive an "official" offer from us.

You would think it would need to be exactly like Crichton. FIRST Leniu has to tell the Panthers he's not re-signing and they likely announce it publicly like they did with Crichton and then we officially make Leniu an offer and sign him. I just hope what Gus is saying doesn't mean we don't have the cap to sign Leniu if we want him. Maybe we only have enough cap if we move on Thompson but Gus is thinking of keeping him. Remember they've all just gone through this bonding stuff. Hard to cut players at the moment. I read the 2 Poms Sutton and Thompson are close. Maybe they think Sutton needs Thomo. Maybe Gus is still hoping to sign Sutto's mate George Williams.

Personally I think Leniu pretty much completes our picture for 2024 if signed even if we need to shed Thomo to do it. Dom Young also would be a bonus.

Doubt Leniu will still be on the market if we wait for Thomo to fail
If we let Thompson go our top 17 is just over 7m in a 11.45m+ cap. Our 18-30 players obviously aren't going to be on ~350k each (will be closer to 200k). We have a lot of money to spend still. We were interested in Moses who would of costed us 1.1m+, instead we signed Oloapu $$$. If we have faith in Oloapu/Rajab then a marquee middle and another quality prop are on the cards as there's no where else we need to spend it. The problem is going to be from the off contract list outside NAS and Leniu there aren't many options so one would think they have to be high priority.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus just confirmed on Twitter that we haven't made an offer to Leniu

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we let Thompson go our top 17 is just over 7m in a 11.45m+ cap. Our 18-30 players obviously aren't going to be on ~350k each (will be closer to 200k). We have a lot of money to spend still. We were interested in Moses who would of costed us 1.1m+, instead we signed Oloapu $$$. If we have faith in Oloapu/Rajab then a marquee middle and another quality prop are on the cards as there's no where else we need to spend it. The problem is going to be from the off contract list outside NAS and Leniu there aren't many options so one would think they have to be high priority.
I hope you're right but I still wouldn't be surprised if we never made Moses an offer as some including Gus claimed only recently. We're crazy if we don't have a serious talk to Leniu, NAS or a few others like Hunt from the Sharks or Sipley from the Sea Eagles. We're silly if we're pinning our hopes on Thompson to suddenly become dominant in attack and defence - unless he's put on 8kgs of muscle in the off season which doesn't seem to be the case. We desperately need another prop at 110kg or more to replace Vaughan as a metre eater

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I hope you're right but I still wouldn't be surprised if we never made Moses an offer as some including Gus claimed only recently. We're crazy if we don't have a serious talk to Leniu, NAS or a few others like Hunt from the Sharks or Sipley from the Sea Eagles. We're silly if we're pinning our hopes on Thompson to suddenly become dominant in attack and defence - unless he's put on 8kgs of muscle in the off season which doesn't seem to be the case. We desperately need another prop at 110kg or more to replace Vaughan as a metre eater
Sipley already extended with Manly.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
When I read Gould's responses to questions on player signings or potential signings I always refer back to his mantra which is players have to want to come to the Bulldogs. We don't chase them, they come to us first, then we talk.

Always a Bulldog

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
“If you lose a player, I don’t care where they end up. I don’t find it any different if he went to the Bulldogs or the Dolphins … or Canberra,” Alexander said.

Bullshit, Brandy hates us with a passion and he hates Gould even more.

Always a Bulldog
Does he really hate Gus? I thought they would get on fine coz of the Penrith connection.

Stinger

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
haha
I dont need the help lad. We were discussing a clear topic, nrl players
If u wanna get wrapped up in the wording go for it.
Most on here know youre a spinner anyway
If i edit and change it to top 30 it makes little difference.
What’s a spinner? Does that have something to do with his kennel name twin turbo?

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
What’s a spinner? Does that have something to do with his kennel name twin turbo?
A spinner is someone that’s not all there in the head. Can be used like your a spinner/Weirdo/ retard/ spastic etc

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
When I read Gould's responses to questions on player signings or potential signings I always refer back to his mantra which is players have to want to come to the Bulldogs. We don't chase them, they come to us first, then we talk.

Always a Bulldog
I find it hard to believe Gus just sits back in his chair and waits for players to knock on his door.