News Spencer Leniu “As good as done”: Penrith enforcer set for surprise club switch

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Pass on Nelson. Yes he's one of the better forwards in the game but he's a bit of a hot head and was targeted by the referees at the Storm, that would be amplified if he were to ever wear a Blue & White Jersey.

Can't give ref's any more reason to penalize us out games. They did it with Hetherington, who has now thankfully become a Knight.
Watch him become a choir boy all of a sudden.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Plus a few consulting gigs mixed in. To be fair it's a stretch for anyone to "claim" him with that resume. But no one had heard of the fucker until he pulled on the blue and white.
Fixed it

Bulldog Brower

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
My bottom lip is just fine mate. Some of the mouth breathers dont rate Gus, most of us acknowledge we wouldn't be where we are without him. His first few years back running the joint were crucial. He put the right people in the right holes and made sure they had the tools to succeed. His pulling power with players didn't hurt either as you guys well know. Things got a bit shaky after the Corey Payne fiasco (one of yours I might add. lol) and he probably needed to move on when he did. The bloke is a workaholic and gets bored, so he tinkers with shit. He said from day one that his plan was to make himself redundant, and he did exactly that. It was just a shame we didn't get that premiership a bit earlier while he could have still soaked up some of the glory.

I also don't believe he is trying to "destroy" us. It's not in his dna. He is just doing what is best for his current paymaster. I also think he is confident that what he put together is pretty bulletproof, and as much as it sucks for us Panther fans losing players, you guys will run out of cap before we run out of players.

I will admit my bottom lip will need a bit of propping up if you guys get Spencer. Which by what I'm hearing is pretty likely.
What actually happened with Corey Payne at the Panthers? I remember reading a lot about him being this great up and coming administrator, but after a short stint at the Panthers, something happened, he was gone, and I have not heard anything about him since.

soc123_au

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What actually happened with Corey Payne at the Panthers? I remember reading a lot about him being this great up and coming administrator, but after a short stint at the Panthers, something happened, he was gone, and I have not heard anything about him since.
I cant remember the exact details, just that he lasted 5 months and resigned. The feeling was that it was a forced resignation over something a bit dodgy.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I cant remember the exact details, just that he lasted 5 months and resigned. The feeling was that it was a forced resignation over something a bit dodgy.
I think he got himself involved with training some players without the coach knowing.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
The media stuff at the time was 100% bullshit, how unusual. He now works for Amazon.

Always a Bulldog

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't believe everything you see on the internet my friend.

Exactly, it was a post made on FB that Leniu signing is as good as done, that came via Zero Tackle.

Until it is announced by the club then it's official.

Until then it's only hearsay, and I feel it's more unlikely than likely that he will be signed by us as we simply can't afford him.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Exactly, it was a post made on FB that Leniu signing is as good as done, that came via Zero Tackle.

Until it is announced by the club then it's official.

Until then it's only hearsay, and I feel it's more unlikely than likely that he will be signed by us as we simply can't afford him.
Shut your dirty mouth hole! We have $$$ Uncle Gus said so.