Souths unrest

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The two powerbrokers within the team, from what I hear are untouchable, in light of what is coming up at the end of the year.

They're far more focused on that than winning Rugby League games at the moment.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I wonder if thats the reason why Wighton is considering a back flip on his contract?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
The two powerbrokers within the team, from what I hear are untouchable, in light of what is coming up at the end of the year.

They're far more focused on that than winning Rugby League games at the moment.
As a south’s fan it pisses me off because we were coming 2nd and then the damn aboriginal roudj happened and like clockwork Cody and Latrell get all emotional and start thinking of goanna and hating white people so get stupid and start getting aggressive with white players and get sent off and the media fuels it as a good thing.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I wonder if thats the reason why Wighton is considering a back flip on his contract?
Nah dawg I think it’s because he realised how stupid it was to turn down 1.2 million for 700k just to play alongside a few aboriginal players who wouldn’t do the same.
He made a racist decision agaisnt peopel who didn’t deserve it like Ricky.
Jack signing for us blindsided me as I always understood him to be a raiders patriot. Canberra love him and I think he’s realised he wants to win a premiership but he wants to win it with Canberra
I think

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seen this rumour floating around on WhatsApp. Don’t know how much is true and how much is BS.

Get a load of this, I had this sent to me from one of the fellas at souths.

How’s things my mate?
Where to start. Things not real good right now. Internally we’re done. JD won’t listen to Sam- Sam said Cody along with Trell and Cookie have no heart as they spend more time on the rubbing table when they should be spending that time training and leading by example. Trell openly said to Keaon you can train like a first grader or chill with the Origin boys. Well everyone is wondering why Keaon isn’t progressing. Keaon is in real danger right now of becoming the next Dave Taylor.
Trell should have played the Broncos. He felt it would give the team the boost to make the top 4 it needed with the best player in the game returning week later. When Trell told the boys at training Arrow went for Trell telling him he has more respect for Trells shadow than he does for Trell himself. Cody and Trell not on great terms at the moment either. They clash a lot at training. It’s an old fashion stand off on who is the team leader. Lurch is stuffed. Toughest kid you’ll come across. I’ve seen him after games struggling to breathe that’s how bad his sternum is.
Sam got to Trell telling him that to win comps you play and train hurt with the boys that are doing the same for you. Trell’s reply was ‘’I have two rings Sammy you got Greggys’’. Sam then told Trell you also got 30 kg on every fullback in the comp and TommyT will be the next Origin fullback on one leg. A few more words were exchanged with Sam winning those by telling Trell he’s only a few years away from being milked like the cows on his farm because that’s how fat he’s going to be. Trell flew to Perth to watch the boys play on a different plane due the tensions between him and everyone else. While things have been mended some it’s as they say. You don’t forget.
Cam is considering rugby right now. He’s being telling JD for weeks on weeks that he’s not a front row forward, he has serious concerns for his body. He also went into fight for Blake really hard but JD wont admit to being wrong in regards to Lachy. Lachy played centre in league and outside centre in Rugby. He’s never been a half. JD’s fall out with Reyno was him telling Reyno he will turn Lachy into the next Cooper Cronk and the leader the club needs. Cookie and Lachy have formed a little friendship which has upset Cody a lot and Cody hasn’t had a problem in saying it. You will notice that Cody and Cookie rarely connect now. All Cody’s ball comes from Cam. Cookie will sell Cody the pill and stream the ball to Lachy every time.
Hosty considers himself an online presenter and rugby league player second. He’s one of the JD boys. While JD is around so to will Hosty. We all know young Tyrone should be playing in front of Taane. Again Taane is one of the JD boys.
JD has created a mess that I don’t think he can fix, Trell until now has done what ever he wanted. The culture has shifted. Sam is leaving while Benny Hornby keeps repeating as ‘’Wayne says’’.
Mark my words Sam will be South Sydney’s next head coach pending a release from Warrington. Until that happens don’t be surprised if Madge has a quick coaching stint to fill the gap until Sam returns. None of this was an issue for Russell until Sam told him 3 weeks ago he was heading back to England. Expect to see Russell around a bit more now. It would take a massive score line for JD to be punted before next year but it won’t take much to move him on next year.
It’s all happening and none of it good. If a few walk don’t be surprised. Some might be for the best. The window is shut until Sam returns.
Take care mate.

This is the best thing ever seeing Souths implode like this. Hahahahah

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Seen this rumour floating around on WhatsApp. Don’t know how much is true and how much is BS.

Get a load of this, I had this sent to me from one of the fellas at souths.

How’s things my mate?
Where to start. Things not real good right now. Internally we’re done. JD won’t listen to Sam- Sam said Cody along with Trell and Cookie have no heart as they spend more time on the rubbing table when they should be spending that time training and leading by example. Trell openly said to Keaon you can train like a first grader or chill with the Origin boys. Well everyone is wondering why Keaon isn’t progressing. Keaon is in real danger right now of becoming the next Dave Taylor.
Trell should have played the Broncos. He felt it would give the team the boost to make the top 4 it needed with the best player in the game returning week later. When Trell told the boys at training Arrow went for Trell telling him he has more respect for Trells shadow than he does for Trell himself. Cody and Trell not on great terms at the moment either. They clash a lot at training. It’s an old fashion stand off on who is the team leader. Lurch is stuffed. Toughest kid you’ll come across. I’ve seen him after games struggling to breathe that’s how bad his sternum is.
Sam got to Trell telling him that to win comps you play and train hurt with the boys that are doing the same for you. Trell’s reply was ‘’I have two rings Sammy you got Greggys’’. Sam then told Trell you also got 30 kg on every fullback in the comp and TommyT will be the next Origin fullback on one leg. A few more words were exchanged with Sam winning those by telling Trell he’s only a few years away from being milked like the cows on his farm because that’s how fat he’s going to be. Trell flew to Perth to watch the boys play on a different plane due the tensions between him and everyone else. While things have been mended some it’s as they say. You don’t forget.
Cam is considering rugby right now. He’s being telling JD for weeks on weeks that he’s not a front row forward, he has serious concerns for his body. He also went into fight for Blake really hard but JD wont admit to being wrong in regards to Lachy. Lachy played centre in league and outside centre in Rugby. He’s never been a half. JD’s fall out with Reyno was him telling Reyno he will turn Lachy into the next Cooper Cronk and the leader the club needs. Cookie and Lachy have formed a little friendship which has upset Cody a lot and Cody hasn’t had a problem in saying it. You will notice that Cody and Cookie rarely connect now. All Cody’s ball comes from Cam. Cookie will sell Cody the pill and stream the ball to Lachy every time.
Hosty considers himself an online presenter and rugby league player second. He’s one of the JD boys. While JD is around so to will Hosty. We all know young Tyrone should be playing in front of Taane. Again Taane is one of the JD boys.
JD has created a mess that I don’t think he can fix, Trell until now has done what ever he wanted. The culture has shifted. Sam is leaving while Benny Hornby keeps repeating as ‘’Wayne says’’.
Mark my words Sam will be South Sydney’s next head coach pending a release from Warrington. Until that happens don’t be surprised if Madge has a quick coaching stint to fill the gap until Sam returns. None of this was an issue for Russell until Sam told him 3 weeks ago he was heading back to England. Expect to see Russell around a bit more now. It would take a massive score line for JD to be punted before next year but it won’t take much to move him on next year.
It’s all happening and none of it good. If a few walk don’t be surprised. Some might be for the best. The window is shut until Sam returns.
Take care mate.

This is the best thing ever seeing Souths implode like this. Hahahahah
appreciate the post but to much to read about a club I could care less about.

thanks though!

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
JD’s fall out with Reyno was him telling Reyno he will turn Lachy into the next Cooper Cronk and the leader the club needs.

Broncos halfback Adam Reynolds has responded to a “potshot” taken at him by Rabbitohs coach Jason Demetriou.

Reynolds famously led South Sydney to a drought-breaking premiership in 2014 and also helped guide the club to seven preliminary finals before he was unceremoniously dumped in 2021.

Souths refused to offer the veteran No. 7 anything beyond a 12-month contract, which saw Brisbane sign him on a three-year deal.

The signing has proved a masterstroke with Reynolds making the Broncos serious premiership contenders against just three seasons after they collected the wooden spoon in 2020.

After Reynolds departed Redfern the club invested in young halfback Lachlan Ilias, who has been solid in his 48 NRL games but remains a work in progress.

That’s why eyebrows were raised last week when Rabbitohs coach Jason Demetriou declared Ilias is “going to be the best halfback the club has had in a long time”.

Reynolds, 33, read the comments and then used a classic Wayne Bennett line in a not-so-subtle sledge of Demetriou.

“That was a little potshot. I know he’s just sticking up for the halfback he’s got now and trying to give him a bit of confidence,” Reynolds told the SMH.

“Whether he means it or not, I’m not too sure. One of the best coaches in the game, Wayne Bennett, told me if you start listening to the fans, you’ll end up sitting with them. I’m not sure whether he’s been influenced by noise from the fans.

“He’s sticking up for his halfback. I admire Lachie as a player, he’s young and still learning his trade. I’ve always said it’s unfair to compare Lachie to what I did – it was a different era and a different team.

“I’m not too worried about his opinion. It’s his opinion. I’m sure others might see it differently. All I know is I’m excited about where my journey is going with the Broncos.”