No Source South Scum

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The full sentence would be that we can't fit you in the cap because we're looking to sign Addo Carr. If it were the roosters he'd just fall down the pecking order.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
How can south's tell alex johnson we cant fit you in our cap and go after addo carr
Nasheed here,
Why did you make this thread?
I legit answered this very question to you 3 hours ago straight up. You need 8 other guys to say the same thang. I shake my head my friend, I shake my head.

when teams say it can't afford you' it's really them saying 'I'd rather spend tha Money Elsewhere'.
Kind of like your services no required' is nicer than 'ur fired bitch'

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Typical Wayne Bennett... Dogged Kyle Turner the same way.
Have to admire it in a way. Bennett ain't afraid to move on anyone to shape the roster he wants. He's done it to some stars in heat as well like Wally Lewis.
Strangely, they always seem to be grateful at the end of it. He has a way to sprinkle shit. He seems to tap peeps on the shoulder when he knows they can get a contract elsewhere or he maxed out their value cheaply.

Last edited:

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Why did you make this thread?
I legit answered this very question to you 3 hours ago straight up. You need 8 other guys to say the same thang. I shake my head my friend, I shake my head.

when teams say it can't afford you' it's really them saying 'I'd rather spend tha Money Elsewhere'.
Kind of like your services no required' is nicer than 'ur fired bitch'
Agreed

Malla

Reaction score
I think its awesome. I wish our team would do the same to some players.

At least they were honest and up front with him and gave him good notice to look for other deals.

Any other team would have probably strung him on and left it too late for him to find another deal worth anything.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
They can afford to re-sign Johnston but he wants to play fullback and wants more money than they're willing to offer.

They are probably putting the money aside for Addo-Carr as it's almost certain he signs with Souths and they've prioritised him over Johnston. I don't see what the problem is.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The Roosters tell Tupou every contract renewal that they can't afford him.......but he is still there......

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I wish we had Bennett, so that he can tap Lewis, Montoya, Crichton, Holland and Nasheed on the shoulder........

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Have to admire it in a way. Bennett ain't afraid to move on anyone to shape the roster he wants. He's done it to some stars in heat as well like Wally Lewis.
Strangely, they always seem to be grateful at the end of it. He has a way to sprinkle shit. He seems to tap peeps on the shoulder when he knows they can get a contract elsewhere or he maxed out their value cheaply.
Just to add, I think this is the Wayne Bennett tactic.

Have a seat Wally,
Wally, right now you are at the top of your game, you're a marquee genuine star. But you are right at the top of your game and this time in 12 months, you'll still be good but o think you will have diminished slightly and your value will drop.
So I am going to let you go to give you the opportunity to secure a long term deal and commmsnd top dollar you're on now, if not more, for the next three years. Plenty of teams are busting for a player like you at the moment, including the Gold Coast next door. There will be a frenzy for your services and I think it's best for yours and our interest we make the sacrifice at the broncos now So we give young Walters a chance and you extend your career a few more years. Now shake my hand ****.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How can south's tell alex johnson we cant fit you in our cap and go after addo carr
Because they are upgrading from Alex Johnston. This is the same club that pissed off their local junior Beau Champion to bring Inglis in. Shouldnt be surprised

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Because they are upgrading from Alex Johnston. This is the same club that pissed off their local junior Beau Champion to bring Inglis in. Shouldnt be surprised
We need to learn how to do it :grinning:

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I wish we had Bennett, so that he can tap Lewis, Montoya, Crichton, Holland and Nasheed on the shoulder........
We don't need to tap them on the shoulder.

When Canterbury Cup is back next year, they will fit in perfectly.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
BTW Beau Champion is GI's cousin too LOL. They initially used Champion to sound out GI to show their interest in him. LOL rutheless *****.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Have to be vicious, just because his loyal Souths boy doesn’t mean his worth what he wants
I think the dogs are doing the same thing now and arnt willing to pay overs for a Foran or Elliot for example