Not open for further replies.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score

Who's going? Who will you see?

I am pretty damn happy with the line up, plenty of bands to see and we haven't even seen the second announcement yet.

edit: Second Announcement

Last edited by a moderator:
N

Natboy

I think I will give it a miss. Lineup isn't near as good as last few years in my opinion. Still pretty good though
Maybe second announcement will be big

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I've only heard of 6 of those, and lets face it, it falls away pretty quickly after Green Day, whose best years are well well behind them. But Gareth, I know you are a lot more into the hard rock scene than I am.

MMM Brisbane are flogging the crap put of it, but in reality play very few artists on the bill on their radio station (I can only see Green Day and possibly Alice in Chains and STP on MMM's playlist)... thjen again, MMM are also plugging BDO.

Vargster

Moderfaker
Reaction score
They said themselves that 2014 wouldn't be as good as 2013 (as 2013 was the 10 year anniversary I think).

Would like to see AIC, Placebo, Korn, Megadeath, Tesseract and 10 years, but that's about it.

Green Day just doesn't compare to Metallica - 2013 will be very tough to top.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Out of that list I want to see:

STP
Alice
Megadeth
AFI
Korn (Ignoring anything released in the last 10 years)
Greenday (Ignoring everything after Dookie.. actually, maybe not Greenday)
Trivium
Down
Devildriver
Clutch
Five Finger
August Burns
Testment
Living Colour
Letlive
Gwar (Always a great live show)
Mushroomhead
Ill Nino
Nancy Vandal (Classic comedy)
Skindred (Reggae metal at it's finest)
Amon Amarth (Viking Metal FTW)
Whitechapel
TesseracT

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
will be keeping an eye out for the sidewaves! (love that term)

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
down, devil driver, five finger death punch and amon amarth only ones i want to see, will probably be better once they release more but it'll be sold out by then which is annoying, wish they would just wait till they got the full lineup as it'll be still sold out. hated last yrs 1st release but loved the 2nd and missed out

Papa Emeritus

Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
In terms of headliners it isn't as good no, you can't top last year. Last year was 80k people too, and this year will be back to normal at around 55k (ANZ not being used).

NiN was on there but Trent Reznor is being a douche and decided that he wants to reach a "more diverse crowd", whatever the **** that means. So maybe they will tour with another festival or just do their own thing or not come at all.

I will see:

STP (even though it isn't really STP IMO - but I like Chester Bennington)
Alice in Chains (They were one of the best things I saw last time they were at SW)
Megadeth
Alter Bridge
Trivium
Down
Devildriver
Newsted
Clutch (one of my fav bands ever)
Baroness
FFDP
Testament
Gwar (You are doing yourself a great disservice if you do not see Gwar. Bring a white t shirt too for maximum fun)
Ill Nino
Volbeat (one of the albums of the year imo)
Tesseract
10 years

Will see a few more too, timetable depending. Also I am doing Sydney and Adelaide so I can be flexible there.

There will be a second announcement too, which will add more headliners.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trent said they will definitely come to Australia on there tour. They just felt that sound wave wasn't really a good fit with there fans. Probably right too. I'm not fussed with the line up. Few bands I'd like to see. Alter bridge more then any other. The success Myles has had with slash has brought a much bigger following to AB so I expect them to tour the new album here anyway. I'll definitely catch that

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

col of birchmen

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Been to the last two but i doubt ill go to this one, lots of good bands but some have released pretty weak material IMO lately (Megadeth, Trivium, Korn). If TesseracT do a side show ill prob go.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Half the bands are recycled from the last 2-3 years previous.

That said if you haven't seen them before, treat yourself to seeing Alterbridge with Mark Tremonti on the guitars. It will blow your mind. Absolutely amazing life performers.

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
Living Colour - CM Punk baby

LOOK IN MY EYES WHAT DO YOU SEE? THE CULT OF PERSONALITY :grinning:

Awesome lineup btw AFI, Alter Bridge (Edge haha nice)

Green Day are headlining aren't they ?

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm already shredding for this.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
2nd announcement (meh):

A DAY TO REMEMBER
MASTODON
HIM * PENNYWISE * JIMMY EAT WORLD
GLASSJAW * PANIC! AT THE DISCO
EAGLES OF DEATH METAL * THE DILLINGER ESCAPE PLAN
LESS THAN JAKE * MAYDAY PARADE * SEVENDUST
CROSSES * SUICIDE SILENCE * THE PORKERS
GOJIRA * BLACK VEIL BRIDES * ZEBRAHEAD
SATYRICON * DREAM ON DREAMER * MUTEMATH
DESAPARECIOS * STIFF LITTLE FINGERS
THY ART IS MURDER * GRAVEYARD
DIR EN GREY * DEEZ NUTS* IN HEARTS WAKE
BREATHE CAROLINA * DEFILER * I CALL FIVES
HACKTIVIST * DEVIL YOU KNOW * SOIL
THE BOSS HOSS * UNCLE ACID & THE DEADBEATS
NOSTALGHIA * UPON A BURNING BODY

for me: PENNYWISE, THE PORKERS, GOJIRA, SATYRICON

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
2nd announcement (meh):

A DAY TO REMEMBER
MASTODON
HIM * PENNYWISE * JIMMY EAT WORLD
GLASSJAW * PANIC! AT THE DISCO
EAGLES OF DEATH METAL * THE DILLINGER ESCAPE PLAN
LESS THAN JAKE * MAYDAY PARADE * SEVENDUST
CROSSES * SUICIDE SILENCE * THE PORKERS
GOJIRA * BLACK VEIL BRIDES * ZEBRAHEAD
SATYRICON * DREAM ON DREAMER * MUTEMATH
DESAPARECIOS * STIFF LITTLE FINGERS
THY ART IS MURDER * GRAVEYARD
DIR EN GREY * DEEZ NUTS* IN HEARTS WAKE
BREATHE CAROLINA * DEFILER * I CALL FIVES
HACKTIVIST * DEVIL YOU KNOW * SOIL
THE BOSS HOSS * UNCLE ACID & THE DEADBEATS
NOSTALGHIA * UPON A BURNING BODY

for me: PENNYWISE, THE PORKERS, GOJIRA, SATYRICON
They had Jimmy Eat World at Soundwave a few years back in place of My Chemical Romance who were a late cancellation. There was nothing on at the time and we were waiting on Faith No More to come out so we sat through Jimmy Eat World. I don't like My Chemical Romance but Jimmy Eat World was the worst thing I've ever sat through. Their 2 singles that were played on the radio a lot a while back were pretty much Heavy Metal compared to the rest of the songs they played.

Slowest most boring love songs I have ever heard. By the time Faith No More came out everyone was dead asleep.

Seriously. I can not overstate how bad it was. They sang this one song where he repeated "I'm taking back my kisses" over and over again for 15 minutes straight.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Half the bands are recycled from the last 2-3 years previous.

That said if you haven't seen them before, treat yourself to seeing Alterbridge with Mark Tremonti on the guitars. It will blow your mind. Absolutely amazing life performers.
Alter bridge really are a phenomenal band! Myles is hands down the best vocalist going down. Does great work with slash too. He's really underrated on guitar too. Alot of the solos on the new Album are from Myles. Tremonti can play his arse off too, but his overuse of his wah pedal really ruin it for me lately.

Papa Emeritus

Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
If you guys have never seen Dillinger Escape Plan live, don't miss them. They have so much energy. Mastodon and Gojira are very welcome additions too. I am a bit sad most of the line up is recycled but I guess that was bound to start happening more and more as the years go on.

They had Jimmy Eat World at Soundwave a few years back in place of My Chemical Romance who were a late cancellation. There was nothing on at the time and we were waiting on Faith No More to come out so we sat through Jimmy Eat World. I don't like My Chemical Romance but Jimmy Eat World was the worst thing I've ever sat through. Their 2 singles that were played on the radio a lot a while back were pretty much Heavy Metal compared to the rest of the songs they played.

Slowest most boring love songs I have ever heard. By the time Faith No More came out everyone was dead asleep.

Seriously. I can not overstate how bad it was. They sang this one song where he repeated "I'm taking back my kisses" over and over again for 15 minutes straight.
Mate I feel your pain. That day the Blacktown cops ****ed up the whole schedule by deciding to search everyone back stage for drugs after finding some roady with some weed. This meant I got to FNM really early (I think the bands were 45mins to an hour behind timetable times) and had to sit through almost the entire JEW set. I honestly cannot comprehend why people like this band, it was deadset the most boring thing I have ever seen and it seemed to go on FOREVER.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score

feel so sorry for ya mate. my ex used to love them. its prob why shes my ex ;)

but yeah there are a lot of god awful bands out there. its got me farked how they become popular.

Status
Not open for further replies.