SOS call to Foran

Status
Not open for further replies.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
The thing with Foran is he plays direct. He goes to the line with options (something neither of our halves do) and he can touch the ball 3-4 times in a set (again something our halves never do).
its not the all the halves fault if they are not being provided with options. think back to when when graham was going the linevwith decoys/options.

that is structure.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I was bothered enough I'd dig up the thread and pull out the general consensus that the team was travelling fine and we didn't him.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bring him over, tired of watching the same boring show for 4 years...

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Foran would save us. Des will change the structure for him.. And foran will have the cajones to tell forwards to fuck off. And they'll listen to him.

Foran is a class player through and through. Anyone in the other thread saying idiot shit like we don't need him etc are just clueless. His head isn't right now, but he'll be back. And when he is back, we need to be ready to pounce.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm starting to change my mind.

• Barba masked the lack of quality in the halves in 2012
  • 2014 Trent Hodkinson had the best season of his career

What other choices are there out on the market who have a proven pedigree?

I'd take the risk on him, it has got to be better than what our current halves are dishing up.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I know we got the win but FFS... How average is our execution and attack... our brand of football is seriously ugly. The only consolation is that our top 4 aspirations are still well and truely alive and well.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
If I was bothered enough I'd dig up the thread and pull out the general consensus that the team was travelling fine and we didn't him.
The team is travelling fine and we don't, there you go, I just said it here to save you the trouble.

We are in 4/5 with a month to go, we're not in desperate need of anything, but there is always room for improvement, if there is someone out there who can contribute to what has been one of the elite teams for the last few years, cool. If not.... like we always have while Des has been here, bet we play finals football next year too (given its pretty much a given we will be this year again).

Not sure what we need saving from speaking over season periods, being statistically one of the very top achieving teams?

(trade deadline is also passed, so we aren't actually talking about him for this year are we?...... surely we're not that stupid here)

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Signing Foran on his own won't be good enough. We also need fullback who has the full skill set, passing game, running and a decent grubber

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Signing Foran on his own won't be good enough. We also need fullback who has the full skill set, passing game, running and a decent grubber
FB? We have 2 top FBs. Since when do FBs have a kicking game? And when do FBs pass? All they do is run and defend.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
FB? We have 2 top FBs. Since when do FBs have a kicking game? And when do FBs pass? All they do is run and defend.
Des' ego is so big he signed up players who are not fullbacks and tried to turn them into good ones. His experiment has failed.

Look at teams who have won the comp in recent years:

Coote
Inglis
Minichello fine wine
Slater
Brett Stewart
Darius
Slater

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah bring in Foran, he can play next week....oh wait he's injured for the 100th time in his career
Yeah, I'm not entirely convinced by a Foran pick up, it's a lot of money for maybe 10 games a year..

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We should have signed Adam Quinlan... decent player.

What about we sign Foran and do this:

1. Mbye
2. Rona
3. JMoz
4. Hoppa
5. Moz
6. Reynolds
7. Foran
We should have signed a rock star fullback... Raelene failed to deliver.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Foran is lost, can't see him playing anywhere soon. His dad is CEO of Walmart, I don't think money is an issue lol

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Foran is lost, can't see him playing anywhere soon. His dad is CEO of Walmart, I don't think money is an issue lol
The same dad that has told Kieran to play under des from day 1 ,Kieran will sort himself out and he needs the environment our club can offer in particular des will be a father figure for him which he needs and we need his playing ability big time ,he will kill it with us

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The same dad that has told Kieran to play under des from day 1 ,Kieran will sort himself out and he needs the environment our club can offer in particular des will be a father figure for him which he needs and we need his playing ability big time ,he will kill it with us
Under des... Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.