Something is not right

Northern Beaches dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am talking about this Panthers team.
I watch pretty much every game very very very closely.
This Panthers team has been far far superior to every other team physically and fitness wise.
Not only for the whole 80 minutes they sprint off the line in defense, they are in oppositions faces pretty much as soon as they catch the ball and when they do that, drive and physically monster the opposition.
This has been going on since the beginning of the 2020 season.
In an era where the game has turned into touch footy, i find this unbelievable.
I just think something untoward might be happening there.

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
This Panthers team has been far far superior to every other team physically and fitness wise.
Not only for the whole 80 minutes they sprint off the line in defense, they are in oppositions faces pretty much as soon as they catch the ball and when they do that, drive and physically monster the opposition.
Didn't matter in the GF

Northern Beaches dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didn't matter in the GF
They gave up a penalty try, an intercept, that Smith try where they knocked the ball out.
Storm had alot of luck that night.

Look i am just saying, it just seems really really odd with what i am observing.

Northern Beaches dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They’re young, fit and talented.

Stop trying to bring people down with bullshit accusations.
It is one thing to beat teams on skill which they do have, BUT the gap in physical strength and fitness between them and other teams is the biggest i have ever seen.
That is all i am saying.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It is one thing to beat teams on skill which they do have, BUT the gap in physical strength and fitness between them and other teams is the biggest i have ever seen.
That is all i am saying.
Because they pick the biggest and strongest young guns from a region with lots of big young players lol

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I must say last season Naden and Clearly looked to have put on a lot of mass. This season it seems Luai is the one whose done the same

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
They good front-runners. See how the bro shit goes when they are behind in an important match and copping heat from the opposition defence. They'll melt again.
Also noticed one of their players is very kissy- was leaning in for a peck from most. Not sure about that TBH.

Malla

Reaction score
They’re just a good team and extremely fit. Storm are the same as well as Roosters. They’ve also been playing alongside one another for a while.. I wouldn’t say they’re on the gear or anything lol bit of a stretch however I do not think they’ll win a comp.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Gee there is some crusty tall poppy types here.
Just be happy for them. They have finally found a sweet spot after 18 years (2003) and plenty of fails so just be happy for them.
Besides it makes us look better if we get beaten by the best as opposed to middle of the road. No shame in being second to Tom Brady etc

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's just all the dairy from that oak milk they been drinking all these years. Would hate to be plumber hired to fix their club toilets sheeeeeeesh

Northern Beaches dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All i am saying is, we could NOT even get in there half UNLESS it was for a mistake.
Even when we got a 6 again we barely made it to there half way.
We were only making 30-35 metres a set.
Normally you see teams muscle up for a couple of sets, or even 3-4, but this Panthers team pretty much does it for 80 minutes.
They literally sprint up off the line and as soon as the ball carrier catches the ball the defense is already in there face.
They also physically dominate teams in tackles.
The thing is, they have been doing this since the beginning of 2020.
In an era with the 6 again where there is next to no wrestle, i just find it really odd.
All i am saying is, i just find it odd.
Not saying they are drug cheats, i just don't know what is going on.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It wouldn't surprise me if any team has decided to opt for peformance enhancing options given the weak as piss treatment that the Sharts copped for their whole team using peptides. Where an individual player cheats the NRL will punish them. But when it's a whole team it'd be a huge thing for the NRL to scrub 17-30 players out of the game for a prolongued drugs ban.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember in 2002 when we won all those games on the trot (set the record) we were doing similar. There would be teams who scored 30 or 40 points the previous week but when they came up against us our defense moving up so fast put them under so much pressure all of a sudden they made stupid mistake after stupid mistake. Even on the edges El Masri would rush in to cut off a threat but he'd have plenty of cover coming across behind him. Like they say defense is all about attitude / effort. If players won't give that 110% then move them on and get guys who will / guys who are keener. Players like Napa will never give 110% in ANY game (probably not even a Grand Final). Someone on his salary should be putting in 8/10 or higher performances each and every week. He would be averaging less than 5/10 all last season and he looks even worse so far this season

Last edited: