No Source Some good oil on Player management

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
I try not to post as much good oil lately as I mentioned elsewhere because disbelievers cause me trouble, hence why I only give the information before it happens to the circle of trust in the inboxes, but I thought this one may be worth mentioning because it'll have positive ramifications.

As some of you may remember from Oil back in May, June, I mentioned we had pissed off some player managers who blacklisted us. A huge reason why we didn't get Bateman nice and early, these player managers have some clout and direct the best talent to where they see fit usually.

Anyway, it looks as if the board changes has now repaired the relationship and we are back in business. No more Coorey saying one thing and the footy club saying something else. The board are Coorey men so they will all work together and it's already happened that the player managers have reached out and player shopping is back in business.

this is another reason why we are high on JAC's list and vice versa. The previous board and Barrett may have wanted JAC but we weren't in the managers good books so meh.
We are competitive again in recruitment. It's a pleasant consequence of this board upheaval. These new wogs are bringing serious business clout and TPA potential and with the player managers trusting us again, we are going to see results we haven't seen up until now.

Hope that's some pleasant news for your Monday.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Hope we get some signing news soon oil man!!
I imagine there would be some settling and negotiation period but I think at seasons end when Barrett can think clearly we are going to see a deluge.
That said, by my own estimations - we are between 1.4-1.6mil short of the cap limit.
most will have to be min wage cowboys. 5x 105= 550 by my calculations. So that leaves maybe 900k which will get you one solid marquee For say 700, and the 200 you could maybe get a Benji with to complete the 30. This is assuming Green goes of course.

If it were me;
The 7 spots would go to something like this;
Brad taikaranagi Centre/wing depth (150)
Aaron Schoupp Centre depth (105)
Matt Doorey 2nd row (105)
Benji Marshall (200)
Marquee Hooker or FB (700)
Bullshit hooker if we get marquee FB (105)
Young prop (105)

If we get the hooker, we need to chase Fullback in 2022 if Meaney doesn't kick on as absolutely priority with DWZ money. Or hooker.
We sign Napa on 200 only and top up the hooker with that as well.

Farcanrefs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
I try not to post as much good oil lately as I mentioned elsewhere because disbelievers cause me trouble, hence why I only give the information before it happens to the circle of trust in the inboxes, but I thought this one may be worth mentioning because it'll have positive ramifications.

As some of you may remember from Oil back in May, June, I mentioned we had pissed off some player managers who blacklisted us. A huge reason why we didn't get Bateman nice and early, these player managers have some clout and direct the best talent to where they see fit usually.

Anyway, it looks as if the board changes has now repaired the relationship and we are back in business. No more Coorey saying one thing and the footy club saying something else. The board are Coorey men so they will all work together and it's already happened that the player managers have reached out and player shopping is back in business.

this is another reason why we are high on JAC's list and vice versa. The previous board and Barrett may have wanted JAC but we weren't in the managers good books so meh.
We are competitive again in recruitment. It's a pleasant consequence of this board upheaval. These new wogs are bringing serious business clout and TPA potential and with the player managers trusting us again, we are going to see results we haven't seen up until now.

Nasheed here,

Fwit. I already said this in another post. Oils ain't oils sol.....

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Fwit. I already said this in another post. Oils ain't oils sol.....
What did you say?
Oil can come from more than one source and If you know the above that just shows how good the oil is.

I'll throw you a bone and you can have credit for this oil if you like. The fame is not why I'm in the game

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I imagine there would be some settling and negotiation period but I think at seasons end when Barrett can think clearly we are going to see a deluge.
That said, by my own estimations - we are between 1.4-1.6mil short of the cap limit.
most will have to be min wage cowboys. 5x 105= 550 by my calculations. So that leaves maybe 900k which will get you one solid marquee For say 700, and the 200 you could maybe get a Benji with to complete the 30. This is assuming Green goes of course.

If it were me;
The 7 spots would go to something like this;
Brad taikaranagi Centre/wing depth (150)
Aaron Schoupp Centre depth (105)
Matt Doorey 2nd row (105)
Benji Marshall (200)
Marquee Hooker or FB (700)
Bullshit hooker if we get marquee FB (105)
Young prop (105)

If we get the hooker, we need to chase Fullback in 2022 if Meaney doesn't kick on as absolutely priority with DWZ money. Or hooker.
We sign Napa on 200 only and top up the hooker with that as well.
Bulldogs fan here: get a life

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The fact that we have some money to spend now might have someting to do with this too, right?

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The thing with getting into bed with agents is they will end up controlling the club. For example you have someone like say Burton. If his agent wanted to he'd come and say do you want a chance at signing burton? You need to pick up these players (usually c grade talent at best) and you either sign them or he takes the talent elsewhere.

Or on the other hand, if you secure a prodigious talent, then the agent will keep on shopping his other players to you that are unwanted elsewhere. And god knows what happens if you end up knocking them back come contract time.

Most agents are the dirt of the league, one thing to have a professional interaction with them, but getting in bed with them so to say, or you owing them one can get very messy. I have read some articles about a few agents that crippled clubs because they held them at ransom over a star players contract status.

If we can become a professional club, with great juniors, a good head coach, and a top 8 NRL side then I'm sure we will be more likely to attract players, and agents will be calling us again (like they used to) when a prodigious player is up and coming or off contract. Will just come down to the coach, CEO and board to make sure they get the business side of things in order if the player will be an asset to the club and team.

Last edited:

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I saw Nasheed yesterday waiting to collect his oil from out the back of a dodgy milkbar in Granville. He had a funnel and some garden hose and was waiting eagerly for the annual change of the fish and chip oil.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
The thing with getting into bed with agents is they will end up controlling the club. For example you have someone like say Burton. If his agent wanted to he'd come and say do you want a chance at signing burton? You need to pick up these players (usually c grade talent at best) and you either sign them or he takes the talent elsewhere.

Or on the other hand, if you secure a prodigious talent, then the agent will keep on shopping his other players to you that are unwanted elsewhere. And god knows what happens if you end up knocking them back come contract time.

Most agents are the dirt of the league, one thing to have a professional interaction with them, but getting in bed with them so to say, or you owing them one can get very messy. I have read some articles about a few agents that crippled clubs because they held them at ransom over a star players contract status.

If we can become a professional club, with great juniors, a good head coach, and a top 8 NRL side then I'm sure we will be more likely to attract players, and agents will be calling us again (like they used to) when a prodigious player is up and coming or off contract. Will just come down to the coach, CEO and board to make sure they get the business side of things in order if the player will be an asset to the club and team.
This is interesting, how slimy are they hey. this is why most of them are wogs lol.

i think this sorta thig happened at cronulla a decade ago right?

i recall andrew fifita saying that he trusted his manager but his arrival at cronulla wasnt in his best interest, but his managers, or something. When cronulla picked up all those tiger scraps at once (all were good players that sheens misunderstood).

but that said, it nay not be a bad thing if its mutual.

if an agent said 'i'll give you townsend at a good price (500) if you also pickup Takairangi because he needs a contract and you need a centre, and if you help a brother out and pick up Matt Eisaenhuth as min wage depth' it may not be so bad. Triple threat.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
No oil seems the better option right now lol!

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

No suprises if this is the way these "new wogs" you speak of do business:sign-the-contract-motherfucker (1).jpg