Status
Not open for further replies.

Costaki10

Bulldogs Army
Reaction score
http://www.warugbyleague.com.au/cont...3&nid=4094&oid=

Date: 10/12/2009
SALES STRONG FOR NRL CLASH - ST GEORGE ILLAWARRA V PARRAMATTA

TICKETS AVAILABLE THROUGH TICKETMASTER.......
Early ticket sales for the February 14 2010 NRL trial game between Minor Premiers for 2009 St George Illawarra Dragons and Grand Finalists Parramatta Eels are indicating big interest in this blockbuster game and the growth of Rugby League in Perth. Although the game is still two months away, reserved seating and sponsors sales are well ahead of target and a big crowd is assured at ME Bank Stadium.
2010 is seen as a watershed year for the WA Rugby League’s bid for a Perth based NRL team in the next expansion of the game. Attendance at this game and the planned Telstra Cup match between the South Sydney Rabbitohs and the reigning Premiers Melbourne Storm in June will provide added momentum for WA’s case.
It will also boost the drive for corporate, community and membership backing.
The Perth season opener is boosted by the star line up of two of the best performing clubs of the 2009 season. Both clubs are expected to be at full strength and will be grasping this opportunity to stake their early claims for the 2010 season.
The trial game will be supported with school clinics and visits by the teams to local clubs, adding significantly to the local pre-season junior training programs.
The WARL has shifted its focus for their WA Reds side next year and will be entering a team into the National Under 18’s SG Ball competition, a move well received & supported by the national decision makers at the ARL and a logical step towards an NRL franchise.
The curtain raiser on February 14 will see the Reds first hit out against Balmain Tigers.
Whilst on field success in year one may be a big ask for the young WA hopefuls, the experience offered and the pathway now provided, will see the SG Ball competition as a key part of WA’s 2013 NRL bid.
Jarrod Saffy, second-rower from St George Illawarra will be in town next week as part of the lead up to the game. He will be available to talk about his journey through to the Dragons and provide some background on this game and their season for 2010.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
good to know we are promoting the game outside of the east coast :grinning:

League Freak

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Its great news.

There is a very strong RL base in Perth, has been for a long time.

They are a million miles ahead of the Central Coast on so many different areas. let hope they are the next team added to the NRL.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
if the nrl is serious about expanding the game the next team needs to come from perth tbh

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
Yeah Perth and the bears would be my pick if 2 more teams joined NRL
perhaps relocating a current team (thinking of the sharks) over to perth and maybe then the bears can be based in the central coast if possible???maybe even looking into the possibility of introducing a team in south australia???

JERRY LEE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
great to know the game has the opportunity to expand to perth.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Yeah Perth and the bears would be my pick if 2 more teams joined NRL
Perth is our major priority...

they have laid the foundations in terms of junior rl development from the old western reds franchise and i reckon its time for perth to be the 17th NRL team.

League Freak

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The Central Coast needs a team though.

Right after Perth, Adelaide, Wellington, Central Queensland, PNG, a second Brisbane team and a second Melbourne team.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
i think we should worry about expanding the game within australia tbh

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
The Central Coast needs a team though.

Right after Perth, Adelaide, Wellington, Central Queensland, PNG, a second Brisbane team and a second Melbourne team.
we need to get into Darwin aswell..............................................

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
South Aus would be the toughest to break into.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
i think we have plenty of teams in nsw...we need to worry about expanding the game in the other states imo

Hog

The War Pig
Reaction score
i think we have plenty of teams in nsw...we need to worry about expanding the game in the other states imo
I agree, you have to move to where people currently aren't watching if you expect to get a bigger tv deal.

Perth and Wellington should be next I reckon.

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I agree, you have to move to where people currently aren't watching if you expect to get a bigger tv deal.

Perth and Wellington should be next I reckon.
last year's trial match between st.merge and goosters near sold out and the advertising was nowhere near on a large scale, the crowd easily outnumbered the average perth glory game

next year's trial is parrascum and st.merge and it's already sold the vast majority of tickets for that one, so that should sell out or go pretty close to it

perth has a very good following tbh

:grinning:

Hog

The War Pig
Reaction score
last year's trial match between st.merge and goosters near sold out and the advertising was nowhere near on a large scale, the crowd easily outnumbered the average perth glory game

next year's trial is parrascum and st.merge and it's already sold the vast majority of tickets for that one, so that should sell out or go pretty close to it

perth has a very good following tbh

:grinning:
yeah to be honest I don't see why the Central Coast needs a team, if not Wellington I'd say second Brisbane side.

F

fredie

think about this . 2 teams in perth . start a rivalry. and another in brisbane for f@cks sake its been ''what''about 15 years since the brisbane crushers were in the arl old comp. we need rivalry in these citys . that will get the locals involved . local tv aswell

Status
Not open for further replies.