So what next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So its quiet evident the club wants to move in a different direction with players whom they assume will be better for the club, well on field at least. Today we saw a true clubman leave the club, leaving room for a suitable candidate..... Since the Club is going in this direction, why stop there? There are plenty of positions up for grabs and loyalty means nothing to honest well behaved employees anymore so what next?

There are a number of positions that need to be sorted out asap, question is do you bring in juniors, reserve graders or superstars? The one thing we do know is change is happening and it doesn't give a stuff who you are. They got rid of Reynolds today for Foran so why stop there? Why not Graham for Hayne, Mitchell or even Kahu?

As mentioned the fullback role is one that needs to be sorted asap. What do you do? You need the money don't you. When you do that you replace it with a suitable candidate or you need to do is find him. Names mentioned are Hayne, Mitchell and Kahu just to name a few. Then there some kids like Edwards who have big futures. What are the dogs exactly waiting for, or have they already done it?

Then there is the problem in the second row.... Since the loss of Frank the dogs haven't recovered, time to get on top of things. Elliot will be a great player for the future but is he the solution? How about RFM? Why doesn't Hasler like him? Jayden Okunbor surely will be but his still young. Any suggestions out there in the world who can run a fine line for Foran or ball play to Jmoz?

One other problem is the halves and hooking problem... The names thrown up are Mbye, Frawley, Lichaa and Woolford. Garvey no way. Is Lichaa staying with his mates for the long run? Is Frawley going to cut it in the halves FT or does Mbye slot back next to foran if he actually comes or does he stay in dummy half? Where does Woolford fit in? Then there are some talented kids coming through such as Keighran and Lewis, do you throw them into the mix, do they sink or swim? All I know is shit just got real for the spine and testing must start immediately.

At the end of the day regardless how upset we are or happy some are change is happening and its time to shake things up.... Beastwood, The Twins, The Captain, Big Kas, Tolz and the rest, who stays who goes? If it was my call, if I was dead serious about sorting this out and winning a GF i'd let go Graham and Eastwood and buy a cracker FB. Then find a solid experienced backrower who can fill the gap on the left edge if nobody can do it until Okunbor is ready . The Halves and hooking role, don't want to touch it anymore but I would throw Kieghran in the deep end next to Foran, and stick Mbye in hooker.

My team,

1. Mitchell / Hayne / Kahu
2. Bmoz
3. Jmoz
4. Lee
5. Montoya
6. Foran
7. Keighran
8. Woods
9. Mbye
10. Klem
11. Elliot / RFM / ????
12. Jacko
13. Tolman

14. Kas
15. Fualalo / Tualau / To'maga
16. RFM / Elliot
17. Woolford / Frawley / Lewis

Whats your's?

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What next? How about winning this years competition with our current roster..

Hound_Dog

Waterboy
Reaction score
The next episode will be in regards to a player who is in hot water with Des & the board for talking too much to the media.

You will be surprised....watch this space

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The next episode will be in regards to a player who is in hot water with Des & the board for talking too much to the media.

Who?

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Let's see how we play against the raiders

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Frawley, des didn't like when he said theres no plan when his on. it upset des because he works hard not to name him in the 17 every week so everyone is fooled by his genius master plan

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
A decision on the spine and recruitment accordingly.

If we are fielding Frawley and Foran we need a running fullback - Dugan or Watson are the go. Doesn't solve our need for a goal kicker though so in that regard Kahu is a better option to chase but I don't like the imbalance of Frawley, Foran and Kahu - so I'd like to see:
1. Kahu
6. Mbye
7. Foran

Alternatively we offer the Eels a trade for maybe Eastwood and Tolman for Gutherson who is a good mixture and will find himself on the wing next year at the Eels

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
In a perfect world:

1. Edwards
2. Montoya
3. Jmoz
4. Lee
5. Bmoz
6. Foran
7. Frawley
8. Woods
9. Mbye
10. Klemmer
11. Jackson
12. RFM
13. Graham

14. Kasiano
15. Fualalo
16. Elliot
17. To'omaga
That's very manageable.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What next? How about winning this years competition with our current roster..
Ill wait t'ill after origin to start taking things seriously again...

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Only bloke that talks is Graham... If they are super keen on nabbing a fb Graham's on his way.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Looking towards the future (next year to begin with) and naming players we already have (i will include woods and foran here) id go with this:

1. Mbye
2. Bmoz
3. Brenko
4. Jmoz
5. Montoya
6. Foran
7. Frawley
8. Woods
9. Woolford
10. Klemmer
11. Jackson
12. RFM
13. Graham

14. Kasiano
15. Tolman
16. Elliot
17. Talau

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
A decision on the spine and recruitment accordingly.

If we are fielding Frawley and Foran we need a running fullback - Dugan or Watson are the go. Doesn't solve our need for a goal kicker though so in that regard Kahu is a better option to chase but I don't like the imbalance of Frawley, Foran and Kahu - so I'd like to see:
1. Kahu
6. Mbye
7. Foran

Alternatively we offer the Eels a trade for maybe Eastwood and Tolman for Gutherson who is a good mixture and will find himself on the wing next year at the Eels
I like, but then your stuffed at hooker? I like Lich, his a tough kid but does he have the mentals for first grade?

How about,

1. Kahu
6. Foran
7. Keighran
9. Mbye

Keighran's development has been fast tracked of late, so has Bergamins.

shannon2009

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Surely Eastwood and tolman being moved on would = the same cap space saved as moving on graham?? With Reynolds now gone I think graham is a must for a little aggression. Francis talua (spelling??) showed in the trials and 9's that he can stick his head down and run hard so he should get a bench spot and wouldn't be on much coin.
The $$ from the above releases should cover a top fullback.

shannon2009

Kennel Established
Reaction score
1. Dugan/bmoz
2. Montoya
3.jmoz
4. Lee
5. Bmoz
6. Foran
7. Frawley
8. Woods
9. Mbye
10. Klemmer
11. Jackson
12. Elliot
13. Rfm
14. Graham
15. Woolford
16. to'omaga
17. Talua

Would be my line up after Eastwood, tolman and kasiano were moved on

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Seriously does anyone here honestly think we can win the premiership with our current roster?
If they put in an effort like the second half against souths yeah maybe...

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
If they put in an effort like the second half against souths yeah maybe...
It has been a strange season so far, there hasn't been a single team that i have watched and just sat back and gone holy shit wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.