So that's where the Wolfman is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
http://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2015/03/24/manly_skipper_relish_0.html

Newly crowned Sea Eagles VB NSW Cup captain David Williams admits he’s still getting used to his new role but says he is enjoying leading his side around in 2015.

The Manly colt hero has been impressive in the opening rounds of the competition, making the transition to fullback all while leading his beloved Sea Eagles.

"I’ve actually got to pay attention to what the referees say now and not just walk around the side lines and pretending I’m a footballer,” Williams said.

“It’s good, I’m enjoying developing my role as both fullback and captain."

Manly Coach Luke Williamson praised the fullback in his application and recent form.

“David has been playing really well. I think it’s a real test of character when you have to come back through reserve grade. He certainly brings a lot of experience and leadership, which has been quite valuable for us,” Williamson said.

The Sea Eagles face the Newtown Jets on Saturday, who last week put an end to Penrith's ten-game unbeaten run with a 16-point victory away from home.

"They’ve got a lot of first-grade players and season veterans playing in that squad, so we’ll definitely have our work cut out for us,” Williams said.
For some reason I thought he'd left the club as he was unwanted. Turns out he's just been dumped to NSW Cup.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yes it certainly went quiet when he got suspended for betting on himself. He may have to listen to what the referees say and he may need not to walk around the sidelines but he still needs to pretend he is a footballer. Could have been more than what he has been, had the size and the pace but not the application.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
His career sunk faster than the Titanic, or did he just get exposed for being average

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Well he did break his neck a few years ago...id say that is why he never was as good as he should have been.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well he did break his neck a few years ago...id say that is why he never was as good as he should have been.
Pffffftt excuses excuses Back in my day we were playing in the war time era some bastard put a land mine on the field, blew both my legs off .I still finished the game and got man of the match. Legs grew back in a few weeks and I played top grade for another 33 and a half years

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Gee, I don't remember hearing that but if that is the case why won't the NRL let Richie Fa'Aoso come back to NRL? Something about insurance won't cover for the pre existing condition.Fa'Aoso announced his retirement on doctors advice from Manly in 2013 but signed with Parramatta in late 2014 with a view to playing this year. Apparently he has doctors clearance and as mentioned the only sticking point was the insurance which he and Parramata have apparently secured. The Wolfman never gave up footy but surely would also have needed a clearance?

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gee, I don't remember hearing that but if that is the case why won't the NRL let Richie Fa'Aoso come back to NRL? Something about insurance won't cover for the pre existing condition.Fa'Aoso announced his retirement on doctors advice from Manly in 2013 but signed with Parramatta in late 2014 with a view to playing this year. Apparently he has doctors clearance and as mentioned the only sticking point was the insurance which he and Parramata have apparently secured. The Wolfman never gave up footy but surely would also have needed a clearance?
Maybe because it was 4 years ago like health insurance it takes 12 before your covered again

Croc

Kennel Established
Reaction score
****ed up in soo a few times and he cost manly the gf against rorters

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Wolfman was a speedster with some size and a beard. He had his beard before they came back into fashion in such a big way so the commentators probably made a bigger deal of him than i thought he deserved. He was a decent winger in his day, but i honestly think the publicity he got was 50% about his football ability, 50% about the fact that he looked like a bushranger when NRL players tended to be 99.9% clean shaven. He did become a marketable character in the game though so i am surprised that he's been dropped back to the lower grades.

Ricky Stuart

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yeah I believe it was against the storm that he broke his neck, the same game where Stewart and Blair had that fight

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saw him at a gig in Newtown a few weeks back... Was with two smoking women... Must be doing something right.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pffffftt excuses excuses Back in my day we were playing in the war time era some bastard put a land mine on the field, blew both my legs off .I still finished the game and got man of the match. Legs grew back in a few weeks and I played top grade for another 33 and a half years
Yeh I was at that game I don't remember it to well - I was more worried about a mine I had misplaced. Got my ars chewed out for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.