So Far, after round 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He's certainly made some bold predicitions. Luckily I didn't put my house on the dogs winning in round 1 as suggested. Tedesco was a done deal to the roosters but is now staying at the tigers and we're specials to sign Cronk and Foran. If you predict everything you're going to be right at some stage.
So tedesco did a backflip as predicted!

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I predict we will finish on 28 points. For and against will keep us out of the 8

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
He's certainly made some bold predicitions. Luckily I didn't put my house on the dogs winning in round 1 as suggested. Tedesco was a done deal to the roosters but is now staying at the tigers and we're specials to sign Cronk and Foran. If you predict everything you're going to be right at some stage.
He should be a journolist.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
top 5 teams clearly as listed;
Storm, Sharks, Raiders, Roosters (they are coasting, haven't turned an 80 min game in yet), Cowboys (pending JT) will all make the finals. The final 3 spots are up for grabs with the Dragons (i can see them dropping off a bit) although very likely to snare one if their form continues. We will be fighting it out with Brisbane and a few others.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think the dragons will just make the top 8 if that.. they have no depth and have played teams with massive injury tolls.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Des' top 8 kpi is ticked off after round 7.

We will get exposed playing against the top sides and get beaten convincingly.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

I disagree. We have been reasonably good this year, and almost beat the roosters and storm, and we are on the improve. We are playing better football now then when we were back then.
Im taking it one week at a time. No game is an easy game in this comp, but im confident that we can match any team on our day.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Hang on what am I reading ? Reynolds is on your list? lol never thought I'd see the day
1. He plays better next to Frawley (maybe because he knows he doesn't have to carry him like he does with Mbye)

2. We have nobody else decent

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score

Well shit, let's shut up shop and go home then, boys, you hear that?!?!?...it's only round 7, we sitting in 7th, but because this mofo said it, its season over, time to go support the Eels me thinks.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Top sides like Roosters, Storm and Broncos huh ... yeah convincing defeats Nostradamus!

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well shit, let's shut up shop and go home then, boys, you hear that?!?!?...it's only round 7, we sitting in 7th, but because this mofo said it, its season over, time to go support the Eels me thinks.
I will today against the Tigers :( The Tigers last week beat an under maned Cowboy side, I'm hoping that Parra can bring them back down to earth. Maybe have it work in our favor re Teddy (Shrugs Shoulders)

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
1. He plays better next to Frawley (maybe because he knows he doesn't have to carry him like he does with Mbye)

2. We have nobody else decent
I was just stirring , I was just trying to point out your objectivity as opposed to reynold haters here who continue to hate even after reynolds played out of his skin and turned the game around for us.

that chip n chase is only a dream for most players.. haven't seen that since u7's !!

I like both your points because they're spot on and point 2 speaks loads about Reynolds in that hes open for error.

The thing about Reynolds is his erratic and energetic style can win us a game or lose us a game ...

he might completely stuff it all up in games to come or the opposition might target him but imo he always puts in 100% even when he's seemingly not doing much. Holding back to stay in position when his body wants to be in the play would take a lot of self control for him but with Frawley he's hit a new level of control.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's a looooooong season
Dragons haven't been tested and just beat Cowboys missing Thurston and few other key players like Granville

The comp 'starts' after round 12 that's when I think we will get a better gauge

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Dragons will fall in a heap later in the year

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Des keeps Frawley at 7 Mbye at 9 & Reynolds at 6 we will be lurking around the 8 come round 26.

In the next few weeks we have Raiders, Cowboys & Roosters and if they want to step it up they have to knock off atleast two of them at full strength.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
If Des keeps Frawley at 7 Mbye at 9 & Reynolds at 6 we will be lurking around the 8 come round 26.

In the next few weeks we have Raiders, Cowboys & Roosters and if they want to step it up they have to knock off atleast two of them at full strength.
Even when Thurston was fit the Cowboys were rubbish. We should be able to beat them. Raiders and Roosters should provide more of a challenge.

I think we can do it though. It's our defence that's winning us the games right now. We're out grinding the opposition like the old days.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even when Thurston was fit the Cowboys were rubbish. We should be able to beat them. Raiders and Roosters should provide more of a challenge.

I think we can do it though. It's our defence that's winning us the games right now. We're out grinding the opposition like the old days.
Thurston always puts on a masterclass against us and we constantly struggle against the cowgirls.

Im really looking forward to the game against the Raiders because it wont be a game where defence is the key to winning. We will really need to pile on the points

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I was just stirring , I was just trying to point out your objectivity as opposed to reynold haters here who continue to hate even after reynolds played out of his skin and turned the game around for us.

that chip n chase is only a dream for most players.. haven't seen that since u7's !!

I like both your points because they're spot on and point 2 speaks loads about Reynolds in that hes open for error.

The thing about Reynolds is his erratic and energetic style can win us a game or lose us a game ...

he might completely stuff it all up in games to come or the opposition might target him but imo he always puts in 100% even when he's seemingly not doing much. Holding back to stay in position when his body wants to be in the play would take a lot of self control for him but with Frawley he's hit a new level of control.
To be fair, while JR has done a lot to win us games over the past 5 years or so he really hasn't done much that has cost us a game. Sure he may have had a brain explosion or three but I don't know that any of them were the difference but I'm sure there have quite a few that he has grasped the nettle in and won us the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.