So Far, after round 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was a lot of talk at the start of the season - we would check progress after round 8. It might be a bit early. Here's what it looks like so far.

There is a clear Top 4 emerging
Saints
Storm
Sharks
Roosters
They also have healthy +/- stats. They are getting away from us.
We are also 65 +/- points behind Canberra (5th) & 35 behind Broncos (6th).

Looks like we are a repeat of last few years - running along in 7-8th

Looking ahead we have
Tigers
Raiders
Roosters
Sharks

We need points over Tigers and wins against these three to get a shot at a top 4 spot.

Last edited:

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Let's be honest even if we make the top four do we have the players to win the competition?

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Let's be honest even if we make the top four do we have the players to win the competition?
Its a big ask, but now there's something in our team that has been missing for years. Our morale has climbed to a new level, and I don't think its just a temporary high.

The next bit is even a bigger ask; it requires Hasler to select teams on merit not favouritism.

If our part timer, Hopoate gets dropped to NSW Cup, BMoz stays at fullback, Frawley at half and Mbye at hooker I think we'll have combinations that will make us genuine contenders.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I predicted after round 3 that the Bulldogs would be 5 - 3 after round 8. It's been a soft run, and get to play the Cowboys with a huge injury list. The Dogs are tenacious and could easily find themselves hovering around 7th to 8th by rounds 24-25. Alas, it will be a case of dejavu.
2015-16 all over again.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I predicted after round 3 that the Bulldogs would be 5 - 3 after round 8. It's been a soft run, and get to play the Cowboys with a huge injury list. The Dogs are tenacious and could easily find themselves hovering around 7th to 8th by rounds 24-25. Alas, it will be a case of dejavu.
2015-16 all over again.
You also predicted we would get the spoon. May as well predict we will be minor premiers and then you will be able to say you got it right at the end of the season no matter what happens.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We only just narrowly lost against storm and roosters and that was without frawley . I'm hopeful
End of the day it's still a loss, we need a dominant 80 min performance where we don't even give the opposition a sniff. Our defence is good enough to do it but I'm not sure our attack can at the minute and that's due to it being so unsettled.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You also predicted we would get the spoon. May as well predict we will be minor premiers and then you will be able to say you got it right at the end of the season no matter what happens.
Hahaha

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Attagirl!!! There has been way tooooooo much negativity on the kennel. It's about time we all got behind our team. :grinning:
I know !! the constant nagging has drained me but Thank( the Football )God for the intervention.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If our spine of

Morris
Reynolds
Frawley
Mbye

Play the whole season together (in those positions) then we can make a decent push in the finals.
Hang on what am I reading ? Reynolds is on your list? lol never thought I'd see the day

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Yes we do

Also its round 7. 19 rounds to go. Bit early to be calling the top 4 or 8. Anything can happen. I am happy we are 7th after this week, considering 2 weeks ago we were 13th. That will do me for now. Not looking to be a fortune teller. Nobody on the planet knows how the year will end up yet.

Hôt-dawg

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If our spine of

Morris
Reynolds
Frawley
Mbye

Play the whole season together (in those positions) then we can make a decent push in the finals.
Agree. No more bs just pick the spine that works. If Lichaa has to go to res grade so be it.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He's certainly made some bold predicitions. Luckily I didn't put my house on the dogs winning in round 1 as suggested. Tedesco was a done deal to the roosters but is now staying at the tigers and we're specials to sign Cronk and Foran. If you predict everything you're going to be right at some stage.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
He's certainly made some bold predicitions. Luckily I didn't put my house on the dogs winning in round 1 as suggested. Tedesco was a done deal to the roosters but is now staying at the tigers and we're specials to sign Cronk and Foran. If you predict everything you're going to be right at some stage.
Too true brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.