SMH Article

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, I mean more why did he quit his playing career, he was decent.
Compared to flanno he would be in immortal :p

Yeh I don’t really remember why the kennel hated him but I know he wasn’t loved around here. Wasn’t too bad and took us to a grand final. Also had a couple of city country origins while at the club.

Hokko was definitely a better all round player, but that Guy has knees of a 90 year old.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
I know for a fact players were faking injuries the last few years of Des' tenure.

Think high fiving and fist bumping each other and using the ol' finger quotation's "oh you in the injured brigade now too cuzzie"

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Nice article and all but the only mention of being over the cap is 100k for Tim Browne (years in advance). When you look at our ins and outs for the following years (after Des) there's a lot of details regarding our salary cap missing (literally not even a mention, or blame) which was the main reason for our demise imo.

sam snee

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hasler resigned brown behind the clubs back what a **** and raleen helped hide it pfft that article shows you Hasler didn’t have the clubs best interest at heart we missed out on Moses and Tedesco coz he had a secret agreement with Foran which Ofcorse end up costing ray his job that Hasler was a real piece of work,

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Nice article and all but the only mention of being over the cap is 100k for Tim Browne (years in advance). When you look at our ins and outs for the following years (after Des) there's a lot of details regarding our salary cap missing (literally not even a mention, or blame) which was the main reason for our demise imo.
There is a part two...

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The Kennel: "We need a halfback."
Also the Kennel: "But not Moses, DCE, Brooks, Keary or Pearce."
Not Pearce though tbf

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Kennel: "We need a halfback."
Also the Kennel: "But not Moses, DCE, Brooks, Keary or Pearce."
Keary is one concussion from being rubbed out of the game forever.
Brooks the man child will never love up to the hype that was and mentally his fucked from all the pressure he’s had to endure l.. 10 straight seasons first grade and has never played finals game LOL.
Pearce is in the Foran category, getting old and injuries are getting the best of him.
DCE While probably the best of the lot also on the wrong side of 30.

Moses is the standout and just hitting his prime .

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Keary is one concussion from being rubbed out of the game forever.
Brooks the man child will never love up to the hype that was and mentally his fucked from all the pressure he’s had to endure l.. 10 straight seasons first grade and has never played finals game LOL.
Pearce is in the Foran category, getting old and injuries are getting the best of him.
DCE While probably the best of the lot also on the wrong side of 30.

Moses is the standout and just hitting his prime .
Nar this is stuff that's been said since at least 2015: pre Keary's concussion stuff, before Pearce was getting on etc - anytime we've had a sniff of getting any of them.

Nobody wanted Moses before he left the Tigers, now he's a Top 5 half.

The Brooks argument is insane. We want someone who can soak up 50 possessions, distribute, has a kicking game, running game, experience and isn't old or an injury concern. He's not perfect, but he'd be a good solution (even temporarily) for us.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
i always said i though Franky Pritchard was moved on for standing up to Des, if anyone in the team was going to voice players concerns it would have been him... that's why he was released with a year left to run i believe
Frank and Ennis always had a lot to say I feel. Great read. Interesting how the big Clubs power brokers go visit each other...and the begrudging respect they have for each other. So much going on behind the scenes we don't know about.
I hope Ben is in a good mindset now. The higher the ups the greater the downs. Hats off to any Club that can keep a bunch of young guys on the right track year after year. Not an easy thing.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Looking forward to reading part 2.

Also, RIP king of spin Shane Warne, memories growing up watching him mesmerising opposition batsman

Sad buzz

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It is 4.30am and I couldn't be bothered to read the article but one thing is for sure the Bulldogs do sell papers. Maybe I'll read it later.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Cleary, Hughes, DCE, Reynolds.
Happy for all of the above and you can add Brooks to that list. Any of those would would be miles ahead of our current situation. I wouldn’t slit my wrist if it ended up being Moses but he would be last pick.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Happy for all of the above and you can add Brooks to that list. Any of those would would be miles ahead of our current situation. I wouldn’t slit my wrist if it ended up being Moses but he would be last pick.
No to brooks. I would have to stick forks in my eyes if he ever runs out in our colours

eman & the Utai SLAM

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Fascinating read, as an outsider with no links to the club it was a great read and happy to know why 2013 went so crap and why Barba left.
2012 and 2014 was heart breaking as a doggies fan