Small European Villages - Would you live in one?

Small European Villages - Would you live in one?

• Yes

Votes: 12 70.6%
  • No

Votes: 5 29.4%

• Total voters

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Except that got to 47 degrees in Greece the other day.
Don't worry. It's coming to us as well. This is an extra bad summer globally, so we will get it toward the end of the year.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
I would be very pleased to move to Fjuckby in Sweden. No downsides at all.
1689838519382.png

I could then jump on a boat and go see @Nasheed on his fave swedish hangout.
1689838621610.png

And of course I'd expect good ole @south of heaven to come up and visit from Longcochon in western france.
1689838752820.png

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I vote hard NO!
Exception being most parts of coastal or Alpine Lebanon (obviously) and Copenhagen.
Maybe Hallstadt in Austria if I have had too many cans of V.

Only places I would live in Europe.

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
I’m in Calabria at the moment. My Dads town went from 8,000 to now 500 for a reason. These small towns were built up high on mountain tops to escape the invading Turks, Spaniards, Normans etc. It’s been fantastic visiting with my Father for the first time together, but there’s a reason my Dad, his siblings and my grandparents all left for Sydney in the 60s / 70s.

Even the majority that stayed no longer live in the old town up high on the mountain and prefer to live down by the beach side of town. Still there’s only about 2,500 living there.

I’ve been up to the old town a few times over the last week and noticed a few young German, Austrian people. I thought they are tourists then found out they’re newbies. They won’t last. As beautiful and peaceful as it is up there, it’s also now boring as fk. There’s nothing left. No life. No services. Barely any shops or restaurants.

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
Exactly.
Want Italian culture?
Go to Leichhardt. No need to leave the country and even the city.
Want lebanese culture?
Bankstown.
Croatian?
Marconi club.

Other parts of Sydney has also other parts of Europe.

Don’t understand people who have time or effort to go continental Europe
You’re saying to go to Leichhardt for Italian Culture ?

Holy fk.

HD and Ink

Kennel Established
Reaction score
In a shot.

With under 100 folk it's where my spirit is.
You can be you, nobody cares ..go around by scooter ...and beaches are great, folk friendly and food fantastic.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Yes there is Norton st
Go to Norton St... then go to Italy. You'll see you were comparing apples with oranges. Just like Bankstown isn't Lebanon.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Go to Norton St... then go to Italy. You'll see you were comparing apples with oranges. Just like Bankstown isn't Lebanon.
Norton st is actually more authentic Italy in my opinion.

The Italians in Norton st came here in the 60s.
More papa Giuseppe type. Authentic Italians from the past.
Modern Italy LGBT and African refugees.
Admittedly haven’t been but I do my reading.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Granville is famous for being the home of El Jannah.
Also, it's where security guards who don't speak English are born!
We are about ten years off having sizable communities that fly through life never learning english dont worry.

A chinese will be able to navigate around Sydney never needing to talk english, due to no need. I think this might already be happening.

Arabic speakers not long after will be able to live in central sydney with only Arabic.

And by the time retirement age hits I think India and parramatta they will only speak Indian.

Translation will be a big injury in business deals just in Sydney alone.

I dont like this as I never really learnt arabic myself. Really pissed off at my parents fr this but they dont speak Arabic either because they werent in lebanon long, but they should have tried harder to learn and pass to me.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Granville is famous for being the home of El Jannah.
Also, it's where security guards who don't speak English are born!
The father in law lives around the corner from El Jannah. Last few times I went there it had gone downhill.

They may have sold though. Had a tender pop up the other day for an El Jannah fit out in the city. I thought they were moving then searched and realised that El Jannah is now a full on franchise.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
The father in law lives around the corner from El Jannah. Last few times I went there it had gone downhill.

They may have sold though. Had a tender pop up the other day for an El Jannah fit out in the city. I thought they were moving then searched and realised that El Jannah is now a full on franchise.
The ceo of red rooster took over.
It’s still good but very fast food now.

still got El Hawa nearby, butdon’t expect customer service beyond a waiter with a nike hate and bumbag comin to your table and saying ‘yallah what u want?’

Not even exaggerating.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
We are about ten years off having sizable communities that fly through life never learning english dont worry.

A chinese will be able to navigate around Sydney never needing to talk english, due to no need. I think this might already be happening.

Arabic speakers not long after will be able to live in central sydney with only Arabic.

And by the time retirement age hits I think India and parramatta they will only speak Indian.

Translation will be a big injury in business deals just in Sydney alone.

I dont like this as I never really learnt arabic myself. Really pissed off at my parents fr this but they dont speak Arabic either because they werent in lebanon long, but they should have tried harder to learn and pass to me.
This is the reality of multiculturalism.

Not the rainbows and unicorns pipe dream which has been preached for the last 40 or so years!

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score

They are popping up everywhere.

The guy who started up El Jannah is the brother of the guy who established Awafi in Belmore. IMO Awafi is still the original and the best - same guy is running it.

Next time you're at Belmore watching the dogs cop a hiding, drown your sorrows in some top-notch Lebanese charcoal chicken :D