Slowly but surely the Panthers gain a second licence for a NRL team .

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
No chance. Haven't seen JFH put anyone on their arse this season. Leota is their hard man. JFH thinks he's a male model or something. Ogre would've cracked his head like a Kinder Surprise.
JFH would beat Shrek in a modelling contest, a forward battle, a who has the bigger stones contest, or any other competition you would care to name.

daisy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Look they mouth off cause you can’t do anything in todays game, what luau needs is an old fashioned gun spear spear tackle put on him, the one where your pile drived from a height onto head and neck, folksy was a genius at it. People wax lyrical about Cleary, the game has never in its history been easier for a half back to play. He could do with a Rambo Ronnie Gibbs or Brendan the dirtiest player alive tutus, to fly into his Steroid jaw with a knee while his on the ground, or just wait till he passes the ball and and somebody bash his face, oh the late 70’s, early 80’s, can we just go back to the violent game league once was.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Look they mouth off cause you can’t do anything in todays game, what luau needs is an old fashioned gun spear spear tackle put on him, the one where your pile drived from a height onto head and neck, folksy was a genius at it. People wax lyrical about Cleary, the game has never in its history been easier for a half back to play. He could do with a Rambo Ronnie Gibbs or Brendan the dirtiest player alive tutus, to fly into his Steroid jaw with a knee while his on the ground, or just wait till he passes the ball and and somebody bash his face, oh the late 70’s, early 80’s, can we just go back to the violent game league once was.
Lol.

Indeed a bunch of lippycunts yet everyone cheered for them to win..careful what you wish for, much more of this shit to come from these entitled vvankers.

soc123_au

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Funny thread.

Those of you mentioning Tunks, Mortimer, Tunks & Kelly have a point. I still regard Mortimer in particular one of Penriths most important imports. The other 3 were also massive at the time, but none of the other 3 were originally Dogs, you picked them up elsewhere to start with.

And Gould? please stop, my sides are killing me. Started at Penrith, then Newtown, you picked him when the Jets went belly up. Then after 3 years he was off to Souffs of all places. Back for 2 years as coach then back home to the golden west. Claiming him as a Bulldog is a serious fuckin' stretch.

I get that players change clubs, it's part of the game. It is amusing as a Penrith fan seeing Doggies fans salivating over getting our players and staff then calling us out for pointing it out though. I know you guys were ropeable about the Roosters raiding you in the early 2000's and Parra picking the eyes out of you around the super league era. Swings and roundabouts. A quick glance through the threads here in the past few years and you would be forgiven for not realizing who's forum it is. Burton, Ciraldo, Gus, Crichton, Lenui, Edwards & Kikau all have their own threads, you have to expect a bit of banter over it.

No hate from me though, I like it here and wish you guys well. We can only run out 17 each week and it's good to see a few of the boys together at a club on the up. It would be nice to have another team worthy of facing us to make things interesting. :-)

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you remember when you poached Peter Tunks, Peter Kelly, Chris Mortimer and Phil Gould from us then won the comp in 91?

I guess you could say the 91 premiership belongs to The dogs?
Correct.

mattressback

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Funny thread.

Those of you mentioning Tunks, Mortimer, Tunks & Kelly have a point. I still regard Mortimer in particular one of Penriths most important imports. The other 3 were also massive at the time, but none of the other 3 were originally Dogs, you picked them up elsewhere to start with.

And Gould? please stop, my sides are killing me. Started at Penrith, then Newtown, you picked him when the Jets went belly up. Then after 3 years he was off to Souffs of all places. Back for 2 years as coach then back home to the golden west. Claiming him as a Bulldog is a serious fuckin' stretch.

I get that players change clubs, it's part of the game. It is amusing as a Penrith fan seeing Doggies fans salivating over getting our players and staff then calling us out for pointing it out though. I know you guys were ropeable about the Roosters raiding you in the early 2000's and Parra picking the eyes out of you around the super league era. Swings and roundabouts. A quick glance through the threads here in the past few years and you would be forgiven for not realizing who's forum it is. Burton, Ciraldo, Gus, Crichton, Lenui, Edwards & Kikau all have their own threads, you have to expect a bit of banter over it.

No hate from me though, I like it here and wish you guys well. We can only run out 17 each week and it's good to see a few of the boys together at a club on the up. It would be nice to have another team worthy of facing us to make things interesting. :-)
Gus???

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There it is...... all 2nd tier players being moved across to Canterbury before a name change and complete takeover such is the dominance .
UP THE PANTHERS !
The new uniform will be all blue with black bars .
Hi there Raven.

I'm guessing you're only a young person who hasn't been around for that long and didn't witness the Panthers late 80's era and all that went into building your first premiership side of 1991 & what it took to teach your club winning ways.

And if that's incorrect, then I apologise - but then this just makes you an absolute idiot for not knowing or choosing to ignore the facts.

Fact - Phil Gould credits the basis of all his coaching to a man he learnt from during his time playing under him at the Bulldogs - Warren Ryan.

After winning his first premiership at the Bulldogs as coach and being involved in 2 premiership squads whilst at the Bulldogs as a player, Gould took his winning coaching philosophy's to Penrith.
It's at the Bulldogs where Gus learned how to win, as a player and a coach.

Fact - When Penrith realised they needed players to teach them how to win, they signed Bulldogs premiership players Chris Mortimer & Peter Kelly, followed later by Bulldogs premiership winning captain Peter Tunks.

Then in 1991, they added 2 further Bulldogs premiership players in Brandon Lee & Clive Churchill medallist Paul Dunn and went on to claim their first premiership that year.

Fact - Still today, many of that 1991 Penrith premiership winning team credit the former Bulldog players who joined as a big reason for their success, because they simply taught them how to win.

In fact, Mark Geyer still makes this statement regularly on his radio shows.

Fact - If you really think about

- "The Bulldogs are Your Big Daddy".

Come to Papa!!!

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Funny thread.

Winners are grinners but it will be good watching this teams fall from grace. Too many smart arse arrogant dickheads in the squad for it not to happen.
Never seen an Aussie sporting team carry on like such wankers before. Sad and cringeworthy that we are now wallowing in the American sporting culture example of carrying on like total cocks.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Hi there Raven.

I'm guessing you're only a young person who hasn't been around for that long and didn't witness the Panthers late 80's era and all that went into building your first premiership side of 1991 & what it took to teach your club winning ways.

And if that's incorrect, then I apologise - but then this just makes you an absolute idiot for not knowing or choosing to ignore the facts.

Fact - Phil Gould credits the basis of all his coaching to a man he learnt from during his time playing under him at the Bulldogs - Warren Ryan.

After winning his first premiership at the Bulldogs as coach and being involved in 2 premiership squads whilst at the Bulldogs as a player, Gould took his winning coaching philosophy's to Penrith.
It's at the Bulldogs where Gus learned how to win, as a player and a coach.

Fact - When Penrith realised they needed players to teach them how to win, they signed Bulldogs premiership players Chris Mortimer & Peter Kelly, followed later by Bulldogs premiership winning captain Peter Tunks.

Then in 1991, they added 2 further Bulldogs premiership players in Brandon Lee & Clive Churchill medallist Paul Dunn and went on to claim their first premiership that year.

Fact - Still today, many of that 1991 Penrith premiership winning team credit the former Bulldog players who joined as a big reason for their success, because they simply taught them how to win.

In fact, Mark Geyer still makes this statement regularly on his radio shows.

Fact - If you really think about

- "The Bulldogs are Your Big Daddy".

Come to Papa!!!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Winners are grinners but it will be good watching this teams fall from grace. Too many smart arse arrogant dickheads in the squad for it not to happen.
Never seen an Aussie sporting team carry on like such wankers before. Sad and cringeworthy that we are now wallowing in the American sporting culture example of carrying on like total cocks.
It's just the way the world is now. Go to any local comp in any sport, especially for juniors and you'll see there's way less sportsmanship than before and people carry on more than ever.

I always grew up on the mantra of even if you do something good when you play, act like you've done it before and always be a good sport and never show up your opponent..

Nowadays it's, if you do something half decent, act like you're the greatest player who ever lived, talk a whole bunch of shit and rub your opponents face in it.