Slice Price & Oust Doust!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Dogfather

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The dragons think Benji can save their season. Thurston can't even save their season, they are hopeless. They need a new coach, new ceo and a serious clear-out.

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
I feel really said for the red V , a rugby league powerhouse in the 60s 70s 80s 90s and 2000s . Now a joke

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I just got a phone call from a mate of mine (Dragqueens supporter) gloating that Paul Kent was giving it to us again on NRL 360. My mate is clearly upset that he is bringing 3 pizzas and a box of beer to my place on Saturday (our standard bet).

The beer he is bringing is called Almazza. Is it any good? It better be cold or it will be binned.

More importantly does anyone know what Kent said as I'm watching Spongebob Square Pants with the kids?

I assume this is Almazza. Can anyone translate the writing on this ad?

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I just got a phone call from a mate of mine (Dragqueens supporter) gloating that Paul Kent was giving it to us again on NRL 360. My mate is clearly upset that he is bringing 3 pizzas and a box of beer to my place on Saturday (our standard bet).

The beer he is bringing is called Almazza. Is it any good? It better be cold or it will be binned.

More importantly does anyone know what Kent said as I'm watching Spongebob Square Pants with the kids?

I assume this is Almazza. Can anyone translate the writing on this ad?

Arab beer ey I wouldn't be surprised if its a non-alcoholic malt like Bavaria lol

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
What does the ad say? My Arabic is a bit rough.
Like I would know haha, I didn't bother to learn Arabic when my parents asked since I'm Aussie :P

I'm sure one of the guys here would know haha, maybe make a thread asking?

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Like I would know haha, I didn't bother to learn Arabic when my parents asked since I'm Aussie :P

I'm sure one of the guys here would know haha, maybe make a thread asking?
Done!

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
What about Bennett? He has the worst coaching record at the Knights in all of their history!

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What about Bennett? He has the worst coaching record at the Knights in all of their history!
Bennett?

Ricky Stewart is more clinical in that department.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Just like Price, Dragons fans won't cop these losses on the chin anymore.

They want him gone.

If Doust doesn't sack him very soon, the members will put pressure on the board to out both of them.

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
For all we know, Price is the best coach in the whole league.

But if you put the world's best V8 racer in a VW Beetle and have him race against the Supercars you know what'll happen.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
For all we know, Price is the best coach in the whole league.

But if you put the world's best V8 racer in a VW Beetle and have him race against the Supercars you know what'll happen.
hes in the 3rd year so he should have ownership by now of the whole team, unfortunately he will avoid the complete wooden spoon spanking because he will be sacked

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
hes in the 3rd year so he should have ownership by now of the whole team, unfortunately he will avoid the complete wooden spoon spanking because he will be sacked
They can still send him one in the mail lol

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Price currently has one of the lowest winning percentages of any coach. Not just in the modern era, but of all time.

Ironically though this year Ricky Stuart has a worse winning percentage as coach.

Dragons fans want Henry or Brown, but the problem runs far beyond the coach. The players are soft, and not playing with pride for the jersey.

The coach doesn't care, the players don't care, and that creates a toxic situation where the only people who do care, are the fans that are getting shafted.

The only way to fix the Dragons, is a mass cleanout.

1. Sack the coach effective immediately. Don't fluff around for a few days, hold an emergency meeting, tell him to pack up his shit and get out, then hold a presser saying he's gone.
2. Sack Doust, as he's an enabler, and allowed Price to barter an extension, despite being piss poor since he took the coaches job. Once again a call that needs to be made with urgency.
3. Drop those on long term contracts that aren't putting in to NSW Cup, and those that are only playing for end of this year, tell them to piss off immediately, and start shopping for new blood.

The amount of poor choices their club has made (Benchy being the latest) is beyond laughable.

Dragons should write this year off and use it for bloody new players, seeing who is worthy of the NRL and re-signing, and who needs to go immediately.

When guys like Dan Hunt are your best forwards, you know you are in trouble.

With Price and Doust at the club, they'll struggle to attract any decent players, except those already past it.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
^ This!

Clean out required. Hire Brian Smith! Ricky is busy...

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Let them try new players, it makes it easier for us/others to poach their new talent lol

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Words of a broken man..

Surely after these comments, his position at the club has to become untenable, along with any other member at the club who continues to defend and/or back Price for the coaches job.

I wonder if Brett Morris has a get out clause, because surely you'd have to be thinking no end is in sight if the club do not act this week on Prices future (or lack thereof).

Source: http://www.nrl.com/price-baffled-by-dragons-slump/tabid/10874/newsid/78529/default.aspx

Dragons coach Steve Price has admitted he is at a loss as to why his side has performed progressively worse with each outing over the last three weeks.

In the wake of a 36-0 hiding from Parramatta, which follows a heavy 38-6 thrashing by the Bulldogs and a 34-14 loss to the Roosters before that, the Dragons are now staring down the barrel of six defeats in seven starts.

Price conceded he could not explain the club's slump after three straight wins had them on top of the NRL ladder just six weeks ago.

"It's a tough one to take," Price said of the six-try drubbing at the hands of last year's wooden spooners.

"We're training outstanding but I just can't put my finger on it at the moment... [It's] very frustrating.

"If I knew the answer we'd soon be going upwards from here. The only way to dig ourselves out of it is by sticking together and working hard, there's no quick fix."

Price was circumspect in his appraisal of the return of Benji Marshall, who made five errors in his first game with the Dragons and looked off the pace for much of the encounter -though he was hardly alone as his teammates racked up a whopping 16 errors and made 32 missed tackles.

"I thought there were some displays where he was quite good and some displays where it going to take a little bit of time," Price said.

"We didn't expect miracles out of Benji today but it's about playing with our structure and there's still a lot of work to do but we expect that.

"It's only his first game of league [since returning from rugby union] and he'll continue to improve."

The Dragons were still in the match after a scrappy first 40 minutes, trailing by only two tries at the break, but were blown away by two tries in three minutes upon the resumption as Parramatta broke the line at will and capitalised on St. George Illawarra's consistent mistakes.
Whoever wrote the article is as delusional as Price is.

The Dragons where NEVER in this game. At half time they were only 12 nil behind on the board, but the stats already looked shocking for them. The writing was on the wall they were in for a big loss again.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My mate (Dragqueen supporter) arrived with the 3 pizzas & beer as per our bet.

He actually arrived late as he went to church.

I asked why did you go to church? His response "To pray brother. The Dragons have got nothing"

Poor bastard. Pizza & Beer was good though!

Status
Not open for further replies.