Slater, Cronk, Smith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
We had Langer, Lockyer, Priddis for a year, that would definitely rival Cronk, Smith, Slater combo.

We also had Lockyer, Ennis, Hunt in 06-08. Hunt just as good as Slater with a different playing style, Lockyer just as good and Ennis in the top 3 hookers.

But for longetivity and consistent brilliant form it's hard to look past the combo they have and it still has a few years yet!
You're comparing Langer in the twilight of his career to Cronk? Try comparing him in his prime.

You're comparing Priddis or Ennis to Cameron Smith?

You're comparing the chemistry these three had with Slater, Cronk, and Smith?

Seriously, get ya melon checked.

suiker

Top bird
Reaction score
Some of Cronk's kicks last night... he just has pinpoint accuracy. Bends it just the way he needs to. Too good.

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
Some of Cronk's kicks last night... he just has pinpoint accuracy. Bends it just the way he needs to. Too good.
I'd pick him ahead of Thurston 6 days a week and twice on sunday

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That first kick that lead to a try which was heading for a 40/20 he just made look so easy.

QLD origin are best with the two best halfbacks by a mile, while we get Mitchell "its all in my last name" Pearce.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You're comparing Langer in the twilight of his career to Cronk? Try comparing him in his prime.

And then there's Karmichael 'just as good as Slater' Hunt. Hilarious. Broncos fans sure are a wacky bunch.

And for the record, I was a big fan of Karmichael Hunt, but Slater is on another level to him.

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
And then there's Karmichael 'just as good as Slater' Hunt. Hilarious. Broncos fans sure are a wacky bunch.

And for the record, I was a big fan of Karmichael Hunt, but Slater is on another level to him.
I can see why he compares him, which is why I didn't comment on it.

Hunt would be 80% of the player Slater is, but the other suggestions are just OUTRAGEOUS!

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I can see why he compares him, which is why I didn't comment on it.

Hunt would be 80% of the player Slater is, but the other suggestions are just OUTRAGEOUS!
Compare maybe. But just as good, no sir, not a chance.

And I agree, the others are also crazy, but you beat me to telling him so. :p

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
"If kids want to emulate Billy Slater, they need to be fit"

Lawrence Daley.

bert

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My grandmother would play well if she was given as much ball as Billy Slater was last night !
FFS why did we kick the f......n thing to him at every opportunity ?

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think you'd be hard-pressed to find a better 1, 7 and 9 combination anywhere in history.
Canberra Raiders bro, Brett Mullins ,Ricky Stuart and Steve Walters.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
How bout Silva, Polla Mounter, Hetherington?

a few of our combos in the 80s werent too bad with Mick Potter and Turvey at 1 and 7. Think Budgen and Johnstone were the hookers back in 84-6

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Best in the game those 3 storm players

kimlo

ADMlN
Reaction score

Twilight or not, this was two years before he came back in 01 Origin to rape NSW and he is one of the greatest half backs ever.

Priddis was a great player. Not quite on Smiths level but definitely an amazing player in his prime. You only have to look at Wayne Bennett who calls him Brisbane's biggest loss ever. The Broncos never really recovered from losing Priddis until Berrigan moved to hooker in 06. He was instrumental in the Broncos premiership in 2000 and a few years later was the Clive Churchill medalist for Penrith in 03. He doesn't have many rep games but that is because Buderus was ahead of him.

At that time Hunt was being selected ahead of Slater in the Australian team and Origin team, eventually they shared the fullback role for Origin. They were just different type of players, Hunt was no where near as flashy but he played as a second 5/8 and set up so many tries with his kicking and passing game. At this point of time Slater easily surpasses him but back in 06-07 when this combo was alive Hunt was considered the best fullback in the game.

It wasn't till 08 where Slater really started to shine, I know people have short memories but prior to 08 he was no where near the player he is now.

Why wouldn't I compare Locky to Cronk? 6 and 7 are not much different these days, most of the time they just play one side of the field each and Lockyer plays a hell of a lot of first receiver as well.

No I'm not comparing the chemistry they have, you should get your melons checked champ ;) They've played together for a very long time now and still have at least another 2-4 years left. You can't match that sort of chemistry in combinations which lasted for 1-2 years.

PigBenis

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We had Langer, Lockyer, Priddis for a year, that would definitely rival Cronk, Smith, Slater combo.

We also had Lockyer, Ennis, Hunt in 06-08. Hunt just as good as Slater with a different playing style, Lockyer just as good and Ennis in the top 3 hookers.

But for longetivity and consistent brilliant form it's hard to look past the combo they have and it still has a few years yet!
LOL ENNIS i think u mean Berrigan... Lockyer, Berrigan, Hodges this why we won in 06

PantherPower83

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

LOL - you're off your head

I seriously cannot believe you put Priddis and Smith in the same sentence. I'm sorry, but substituting Priddis with Ennis isn't an improvement either.

Thanks for the laugh though.

Slater > Cronk > Smith = the best combo

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
Tore their opposition apart once again today.

Legends.

Status
Not open for further replies.