Slater, Cronk, Smith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but I just have to marvel at the show these guys put on at times.

They are so beautifully drilled, and understand each other's games so perfectly.

I love watching them play every week, as they are amongst the best players in the world. Slater is the best fullback. Smith is the best hooker. Cronk, in my opinion, is in the top 3 halfbacks.

The vision and desire they display for their team every week is really something to be admired.

Love them or hate them, you cannot deny their brilliance both individually, but more so together.

Maza

Reaction score
They're so good it's irritating.

Storm didn't lose out after last year and their changes, they've kept their money men and rightly so, those 3 on song at once and they will annihilate any team.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
what's scary is i dont think the storm were even that clinical. Other days they would have destroyed any team with the amount of repeat sets and mistakes we gave them.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What scares me the most about this trio is that Cameron Smith is a big enough homosexual to cover for the straightness of the other two.

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
They're so good it's irritating.

Storm didn't lose out after last year and their changes, they've kept their money men and rightly so, those 3 on song at once and they will annihilate any team.
Agree, They are the heart of that team and are in everything. I know Inglis is a Churchill medal winner at five eighth but there was many a quiet game had by him over the years.

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
All 3 are pretty much the best in their position. There is daylight between Smith and the competition as the best hooker, and Cronk would be very close to Thurston as number one halfback. Slater is just a freak and is miles ahead of Jarryd Hayne.

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
I think you'd be hard-pressed to find a better 1, 7 and 9 combination anywhere in history.

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think you'd be hard-pressed to find a better 1, 7 and 9 combination anywhere in history.
Would be hard to top. Brett Mullins, Ricky Stuart, Steve Walters in the early -mid 90's but I can't think of any others off the top of my head.

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
Would be hard to top. Brett Mullins, Ricky Stuart, Steve Walters in the early -mid 90's but I can't think of any others off the top of my head.
Would come close, but I still think they're a class above.

johns, buderus, odavis had a great combination.
Great combo for sure, although Buderus and O'Davis were never the players Smith and Slater are. Not even close.

S

Shermy

Slater is the one who amazes me most. He just covers too much ground - he shouldnt be able to cover that much and still run so quickly and make the right decisions 99% of the time. He is a freak and has many years left in the game.

They play so quickly and smoothly it is great league. They will all be remembered for a long time yet despite the fact they are all still fairly young.

kimlo

ADMlN
Reaction score
Would come close, but I still think they're a class above.

Great combo for sure, although Buderus and O'Davis were never the players Smith and Slater are. Not even close.
We had Langer, Lockyer, Priddis for a year, that would definitely rival Cronk, Smith, Slater combo.

We also had Lockyer, Ennis, Hunt in 06-08. Hunt just as good as Slater with a different playing style, Lockyer just as good and Ennis in the top 3 hookers.

But for longetivity and consistent brilliant form it's hard to look past the combo they have and it still has a few years yet!

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wow these three raped us last night, Melbourne are lucky as, these three never seem to be injured either.

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
Melbourne knew exactly what they were doing ... they kept the glue to their success and thats these three blokes

BulldogStar

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We had Langer, Lockyer, Priddis for a year, that would definitely rival Cronk, Smith, Slater combo.

We also had Lockyer, Ennis, Hunt in 06-08. Hunt just as good as Slater with a different playing style, Lockyer just as good and Ennis in the top 3 hookers.

But for longetivity and consistent brilliant form it's hard to look past the combo they have and it still has a few years yet!
Bias at its best putting hunt in the same class as slater.

They are brilliant and exciting to watch! I enjoy a clinical melbourne display.. Preferably against another team haha

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score

lol at how biased you are. Even more lol at comparing ***** to slater.

Lockyer isn't a halfback either so it's useless comparing him to Cronk.

Bry has it right, Mullins, Stuart and Walters was the best combo prior to the current melb 1,7,9...even though both combos were and in the storms case still over the cap. Anyone who thinks otherwise is kidding themselves.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
How about Crisp, Holdsworth, Hughs?

suiker

Top bird
Reaction score
These 3 guys are the reason I didn't write off Melbourne this year. They can lose half their team but still be extremely competitive because of Smith, Cronk and Slater.

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
These 3 guys are the reason I didn't write off Melbourne this year. They can lose half their team but still be extremely competitive because of Smith, Cronk and Slater.
I still don't believe those guys cut their salaries enough to be under the cap. 3 absolute superstars in the 3 most important positions...the storm accountants books probably showed inglis was being paid EVERYTHING and these guys were on nothing...

Status
Not open for further replies.