Six o’clock kick off is ridiculous

Status
Not open for further replies.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Usually our most consistent player, I'm not seeing those hard runs or aggressive tackles. Thoughts?
Still doing what he does but he has a big X on his head now... He is the captain, el capitano, the general, the leader, take him out and the whole team loses confidence.

As I said his still doing what he does but he cops it in attack and defence from opposition teams when before he was just another player with no pressure.

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's be honest 6pm is better than delayed Friday games[/QUOTE
Could play on 9go, 9gem, 9 life or 9gold. They have plenty of channels to make it live and viewers choice.

N

Natboy

I’m not a massive fan of it and don’t even live in Sydney BUT the draw is released months in advance, plenty of time to make arrangements.
I’m glad I went apart from the drunk bogan panthers fans behind us who would’ve lost their two teeth if they didn’t have kids with them

ozdog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It’s bullshit, we cop the 6pm games so Queensland get the later games live due to them not having daylight savings. Channel 9 wants the game live for them at 7pm. That’s why every later game has had a qld team playing.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think he has lost some agility with the amount of muscle he has put on. He’s massive at the minute! Look on the bright side he might not make origin this year playing like this so we might have him available during that period. He’ll find form again.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
its bound to take time for him to adapt to the role, and affect him short term

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I think he has lost some agility with the amount of muscle he has put on. He’s massive at the minute! Look on the bright side he might not make origin this year playing like this so we might have him available during that period. He’ll find form again.
I think that may be part of it.
Went ok tonight I thought.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He just isn't suited to the edge anymore, especially when we have players like Foran and Hoppa outside him who also lack lateral movement. As a unit they are sort of making each others weaknesses look worse.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If they insist on a 6pm Friday time slot.
It is the perfect opportunity to play regional games.
If every team takes one home game to the bush. That at least covers 16 rounds. Throw the Warriors a few of the others. Definitely not good for Sydney teams.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It peeves me. If it is difficult for those living in the Sydney metro area to comfortably get there for a six o'clock kick off, living up the coast, anything earlier than the 8pm start on a Friday means I can't get there especially Easter show time with parking. Stupid, stupid time that does not cater for most who work.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I’m not a massive fan of it and don’t even live in Sydney BUT the draw is released months in advance, plenty of time to make arrangements.
I’m glad I went apart from the drunk bogan panthers fans behind us who would’ve lost their two teeth if they didn’t have kids with them

Can't do much about my work hours and with a three and a half to four hour trip on a good day means I would not get there until after kick off........

Gee they must have a ripper of a dental plan! Oh was that between them all?

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
NRL just bends over to Nine so excessively. Delayed kickoffs so that they can finish their adverts and now excessively crowd hostile game times.

'oh we gotta increase crowd figures, blus blah blah! Decrease in the 2017 figures? Oh that's only coincidental with the Friday kickoff times!'
Bums on seats is not a priority even though the NRL loves to tell us about the ' special deals" available during Easter. Greenberg has repeatedly said that it is good TV ratings on Thursdays and Fridays which matter.

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
Imo Josh Jackson seems to try to run over the opposition in attack rather then running holes...
He's way to small and would be a better player trying to run in between players or even on the fringe and run wider...
He always looks exhausted to me...
Finucine used to do the same thing.
Frustrating to watch...

Thoughts?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He has never been very good at running lines, pretty much why he didn't make the Aussie side and will struggle to make the NSW side this season. He is good at running in back behind the ruck though, needs to move to lock asap.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I agree. I have always preferred the "Pricey" style of Captain than let's say.... the "Ennis"? Humble, hardworking and fair. Jacko is just getting use to the role. I watched him tonight and he was very solid!
Is this a Wolfe bait post?

She’s going to come for you mate, be prepared!!

There’s no Ennis negativity allowed on The Kennel...:worried:

dhoo8450

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He has definitely shown glimpses but never been consistent. Probably hasn't helped playing outside Reynolds for most of his career TBH. Hopefully he can improve over time with a more direct Foran.

Status
Not open for further replies.