Sione Mata'utia may back out of agreed terms with Bulldogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
as i said on another thread
so what best thing to do is cancel the deal, leave Mata'utia there and move on, why have someone at the club who doesnt want to be there .
its his loss not the dogs, as newcastle are a long way from being premiership contenders

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
so what best thing to do is cancel the deal, leave Mata'utia there and move on, why have someone at the club who doesnt want to be there .
its his loss not the dogs, as newcastle are a long way from being premiership contenders
Totally agree and then he cant use us as a bargaining chip to up his price at knights

Old Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yo!

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Save the money for a fullback who actually wants to come to our club not just for money but for the hunger of success. brett morris seems like he defeniatly coming next year and we have Rona so our wingers and centres are sorted. The club just needs to find a fullback that loves to win and I'm sure the dogs will offer a substantial amount which would make him a happy chap.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Or go one better.

"Your contract offer drops $100,000 every time you open your mouth".

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nope don't want him now. I want someone that's fully committed to the club and actually sticks to their word.

Knights can keep him/them.

CeeEss

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Good luck winning a premiership at the Knights

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
To be honest his only 18 his basically a kid, don't be so harsh on him. I'm sure if we get some cool islander players like matua or Pritchard in his ear we can smoothly get him over.
the guy is just out of school getting all this media attention and maybe has good mates at Newcastle. I have a feeling we will get them.

although maybe the club needs to talk to his parents or his older brothers to just keep his thoughts to himself.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Contract negotiations are an absolute joke these days. I am sick of players saying that they don't know what they are signing because their current club decides to put the screws on them . If you don't know, don't sign. Why don't we all use what I call the SBW contract; shake hands, make a verbal promise; no paperwork; simple. The NRL needs to take some blame regarding these farces known as contract negotiations, especially with the Round 13 rule ( the rule which says your current club has LAST bid on your services, not as most think that the current club says you CAN'T deal with another club until then). Most cases anyway just a ploy to drive up the price. Leave them where they are.

KimboSlice

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
would it be a possibility that he signed to drive up his brothers price? meaning, we were willing to pay more for them than Newcastle if we signed Sione, but if he backs out, his brothers still get the bigger deal at the dogs and he can stay at the Knights? or are they a package deal? one out, all out?

^unsure if what i wrote makes any sense, but i know all conspiracy theories are welcomed with open arms around this place :grinning:

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
LOL @ players doing a back flip on deals its getting ridiculous.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
would it be a possibility that he signed to drive up his brothers price? meaning, we were willing to pay more for them than Newcastle if we signed Sione, but if he backs out, his brothers still get the bigger deal at the dogs and he can stay at the Knights? or are they a package deal? one out, all out?

^unsure if what i wrote makes any sense, but i know all conspiracy theories are welcomed with open arms around this place :grinning:
We are the package deal kings :p I'd say it would be all for one and one for all. After all the family club are not about breaking up families.

shaun5150

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Care not. We have the best club, coach, prop/captain. We don't need to pay big $$$. You want to be the best you'll come to the best or lose. Simple

bringitontm

Kennel Established
Reaction score
To be honest his only 18 his basically a kid, don't be so harsh on him. I'm sure if we get some cool islander players like matua or Pritchard in his ear we can smoothly get him over.
the guy is just out of school getting all this media attention and maybe has good mates at Newcastle. I have a feeling we will get them.

although maybe the club needs to talk to his parents or his older brothers to just keep his thoughts to himself.
Totally agree. He is young... I mean how many people here at 18 would of quit their job at McDonalds and joinned something paying more.
Its only natural to want to earn more and use the club's to your advantage.
Just keep play the game dogs management..at least knights won't have them for a ridiculously low price

Kiraz Crazy

Hasler_For_PM
Reaction score
Okay guys the scoop is the boys agreed to what "the value of their contract would be assuming they signed" with the dogs

They are 100% staying in newcastle, with the dogs contract offered being used as the judging point of how much newcastle will give them.

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why on earth is anyone surprised like this is new news? This stuff has been known since the first article when we 'signed' them a few weeks back.

DIRKDIGGGL3R

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The contract system in the NRL is in need of a major overhaul.

Implement some form of transfer window and stop all this potential backflipping or power plays by managers to drive up asking prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.