Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Clubs have to spend 95% of their cap gold fish…. do the maths … spending 95% of $12 mill leaves $600k .. a bit of a TPA rub and some investment opportunities & $800k for most clubs isn’t a stretch ..

As I said .. educate yo self .
Well they have TPA and can afford 800 but we can do that on the cap and do some rubbing to a million.
That extra 200k is. Big difference and we will land our man.
200k is two years pay to some working people point is it’s not a 15/1 chance.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well they have TPA and can afford 800 but we can do that on the cap and do some rubbing to a million.
That extra 200k is. Big difference and we will land our man.
200k is two years pay to some working people point is it’s not a 15/1 chance.
Image1691584341.962689.jpg

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I know Salmon and Taffe were confirmed on the official website last week. SST isn't at that stage. So it's still only a rumour.
Thats what I thought. Still nothing official. I guess they are waiting on a medical?...

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I know Salmon and Taffe were confirmed on the official website last week. SST isn't at that stage. So it's still only a rumour.
SST is a done deal.
Hopefully soon the news will get better !

Jippst

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
@DVoice,What do you mean "soon the news will get better" ? stop prick teasing us dagnamit!!

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Clubs have to spend 95% of their cap gold fish…. do the maths … spending 95% of $12 mill leaves $600k .. a bit of a TPA rub and some investment opportunities & $800k for most clubs isn’t a stretch ..

As I said .. educate yo self .
And even spending the 95% isn't as straight forward. You can bring future payments forward to create space in following years which I suspect the Bulldogs have done.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And even spending the 95% isn't as straight forward. You can bring future payments forward to create space in following years which I suspect the Bulldogs have done.
I hope we have been getting ahead of the game and paying it forward. Twin Turbo will know the legalities of that. I know back ending contracts isn't allowed,to any great degree amymore but i can't see why front loading contracts wouldn't be allowed

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
What actually matters is what is in the player's Contract that is lodged with the NRL, that's what they use to determine Cap compliance.

You actually don't have to pay the player the same amount every week/fortnight/month. You could pay them the whole annual contract value on 1st November and then pay them nothing for the rest of the year.

You can actually give the player more money (than the contract value) in one year but you would have to call it "a loan" and charge them interest. Then deduct the same amount the following year to repay the loan.

The above happens quite often, for example when players are buying a house and need the deposit. It's all up to the Club's cashflow position and due to the strength of the Leagues club we are able to pay in advance. Just have to inform the NRL and comply with the interest requirement.

I hope we have been getting ahead of the game and paying it forward. Twin Turbo will know the legalities of that. I know back ending contracts isn't allowed, to any great degree amymore but i can't see why front loading contracts wouldn't be allowed
Keeping in mind the reason for the NRL banning front and back loading is to avoid a team having way over the Salary Cap in 1 year and then being way under the cap in other years (before or after). Can't have a team with, say, $15m worth of players this year and then $9m the next/previous year.

There appears to be an allowance for back loading, but it has to be a small % of the contract value, has to be justified and the NRL has to preapprove it before the contract is lodged and signed. By justified you don't get to back load a contract just so you can exceed the Cap limit in one year and be below the Cap limit in another year. For example it would be easy to justify having a young player with an increasing contract value due to them gaining experience etc. A seasoned long term NRL player would be much harder to justify.

The grotesque back loading (a la Hasler) is not allowed. Plus having multiple players with back loaded contracts is not allowed, it has be the exception not the rule.

I have no experience with front loading, but I can't see the reason for it to be allowed, much the same as back loading.

Always a Bulldog

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Have we officially signed him?
The only thing 100% official is he's leaving his current club at the end of the season to come back to the NRL.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I hope we have been getting ahead of the game and paying it forward. Twin Turbo will know the legalities of that. I know back ending contracts isn't allowed,to any great degree amymore but i can't see why front loading contracts wouldn't be allowed
Back ending deals is still allowed. Each club would have several players with backended deals. It can be as much as 100-200k a year, it just can't be 500-800k like Des did with Eastwood. That was the change they made when they adjusted the rules

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have we officially signed him?
Tongan prop Siosiua Taukeiaho is set to return to the NRL after being granted a release by Catalans at the end of the Super League season.

Taukeiaho joined the Perpignan-based club this year from Sydney Roosters and after making just seven appearances for the Dragons in an injury-blighted season he requested a release for family reasons.

"It’s been a disappointing season with the number of injuries I have had," Taukeiaho said. "I love this place, I wish I could have stayed longer but I need to put my family first.

"I remain 100% focused on my objectives with the club until the end of the season. I will do everything to get my body right to help the team to win the competition.

"I haven’t signed anywhere else. If that happens, both clubs will then negotiate."