Sio Siua Taukeiaho Signed

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Have a read if his interview with the Tele. All he does is talk up his boxing in retirement. Dude is one foot out the door already.

No one remembers you in the south of France…
Don’t need to watch it, as you told it I can see it lol.. of course they all use the doggies as a quick fix an stop gap in their career .. seems to happen to us a lot, hence the situation we are in. Among other reasons.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
NRL Market Watch: Sio Siua Taukeiaho opens up on NRL return;
Sio Siua Taukeiaho has revealed he is returning to the NRL to chase a hat-trick of premiership rings

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
That’s why it’s no good lol. Won’t be getting a premiership ring here.. not at his age lol. So boxing it is. That’s what he wants !! :tearsofjoy:

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This guy isn’t coming back to lead us around..

He’s coming back to keep his name in the lights and use it to kick start his boxing career. This won’t end well.
Your bang on. And we paying him half a mil for the privilege

Due diligence must not be a part of our recruitment processes. Red flags everywhere with this Tauk signing.

Seriously, what the fuck

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I watched his Bloke In a Bar podcast interview just before he went to France. He said he was carrying multiple injuries and his body was shot at his age. Virtually going there for a holiday. He wouldn't be coming back the same player he was with the Roosters. We can't afford him to come here for an extended holiday especially at 500K. Hope Gus has done his due diligence. I'd rather pay the extra and get a young fit Tino which is exactly what we need both in attack and defence.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I watched his Bloke In a Bar podcast interview just before he went to France. He said he was carrying multiple injuries and his body was shot at his age. Virtually going there for a holiday. He wouldn't be coming back the same player he was with the Roosters. We can't afford him to come here for an extended holiday especially at 500K. Hope Gus has done his due diligence. I'd rather pay the extra and get a young fit Tino which is exactly what we need both in attack and defence.
Tino on 900k at Titan and is going to get an upgrade at Titan due to activating his clause. We desperately need Tino or someone like him (Haas more realistic believe it or not) but we most likely won't get him.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's only managed to play 6 games for the Catalans Dragons. He's going to be another Thompson. What a f..king waste of 500K. No use having a prop whose never gonna be on the field. We've already had one of those. We'll just be saving 300K LOL

"Taukeiaho’s appearances for the Dragons have been few and far between in 2023, despite joining Steve McNamara’s side to be the cornerstone of the pack.
The Tongan international has made just six appearances for Catalans, with his time at the Stade Gilbert Brutus being blighted by injury"

https://www.totalrl.com/catalans-dr...ed-with-early-release-from-super-league-club/

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
He's only managed to play 6 games for the Catalans Dragons. He's going to be another Thompson. What a f..king waste of 500K. No use having a prop whose never gonna be on the field. We've already had one of those. We'll just be saving 300K LOL

"Taukeiaho’s appearances for the Dragons have been few and far between in 2023, despite joining Steve McNamara’s side to be the cornerstone of the pack.
The Tongan international has made just six appearances for Catalans, with his time at the Stade Gilbert Brutus being blighted by injury"

https://www.totalrl.com/catalans-dr...ed-with-early-release-from-super-league-club/
For me it depends on how much he's fallen from his 2022 form at Rooster. I think besides his 2021 form at Rooster he's always been a quality+ prop (depending on the year). Thompson was a garbage player which was more of an issue than his injury record here (why I defended someone like Foran and not Thompson).

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Where is Chammas in all of this!? We need to hear from Chammas in times of uncertainty!

He has all the exclusives from Gus.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We ask for a Tino and Haas.. end up with a Knight and Taukeiaho.
Like going to a brothel and asking for the works with a good looker but in walks a mature ager at the end of her 12 hour 14 client shift. It’ll get the job done but I don’t feel good about it
Me every Saturday night at 3am :sweat:

271 Marrickville rd. So bad.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Funny that Gus mentioned this week that no matter how good they play, you never know what type of trainer is and that’s what derails most signings.

It seems a few in our current squad don’t like the hard work at training.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
A wise person once said: to channel things correctly - write letters to the people you hate and then burn them. I did that. Now what do I do with the letters? :-).
The shredder is useful 8-)

Always a Bulldog

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I think playing Crichton fullback would justify his reported salary. It'd be stupid to at least not give it a go when talking about roster/salary cap management. It's a way to offset paying overs if it works out at least.
At ~$800k (supposedly) Crichton is not on “overs”, he’s on around the same as the other elite NRL centres, Farnsworth, Staggs, Holmes, Manu, Graham etc.

Always a Bulldog

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
At ~$800k (supposedly) Crichton is not on “overs”, he’s on around the same as the other elite NRL centres, Farnsworth, Staggs, Holmes, Manu, Graham etc.

Always a Bulldog
They're all better than him.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

Always a Bulldog
I'd say a lot of those players are on overs too.