CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yes check the stats.
I know what the stats are. What I'm saying is that he was physically declining last year and that's why he took up a deal overseas. A year later and he has barely stepped on the field. He's clearly struggling yet at 32 he's going to return to the NRL and turn it all around at a bottom of the table club that can barely keep our player fit? Na, I can't see it.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He was good in his last year at roosters. 500k is an average salary in the new cap. He is a real prop. Injuries are a concern but depends what they are. I reckon it’s a good signing for our squad. Will teach they young props coming through a lot more than TPJ, Thommo, King and Sutton.
Debilitating knee injury, the perfect type.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If this is legit than I am all ready to backy the whacky Tacky in 2024!

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
If we can get him and haas for 25 I’ll be happy. We still need that alpha and could make sense if Tino was never interested as it’s for 24? Gives the kids a good example of someone like kikau who’s been in the best systems and high levels.

I’d be happy with that but we need a leader long term
And he isn’t that and the 2 best are available in haas and Tino… need to land 1!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Marley said he’s washed [emoji23]
He's past his best but even at 31 he's still got enough left in the tank as shown last year and then in the World Cup.. He was always one of my favourite forwards despite being a Rooster. Hopefully he can have a similar impact for our pack like Steve Price and Reuben Wiki did for the Warriors at the back end of their careers..

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
While we looking at SL can we get Asiata back and tell him don’t worry about covid shots

He’s still playing well leading Leigh to a Challenge Cup Final

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Any other washed up over the hill injury prone props we can sign? Last few signings looks like we’ve been digging through the discount bin at the $2 shop

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Debilitating knee injury, the perfect type.
I remember he had issues for a while at the Roosters because he was in and out of the lineup for a while. Did he tear his ACL a while ago? Has he not been playing much this season in the ESL?

Doggone1975

Kennel Established
Reaction score
2 years ago : Phil Gould was equally rattled.

"He's had problems with his knee. He's been bent backwards and he's got his leg caught underneath and he's had knee issues. Oh, dear. That's not nice," he said.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Taukeiaho was actually decent in his last year with Rooster, his 2nd last year with Rooster is why they let him go early. He's not going to be elite like he was, maybe best case scenario is quality, but he did leave the NRL too early imo.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fuck off you putrid little wanker.
Im so fucking sick of the constant complaining, and attacks on Gus, Ciraldo and the club, from wankers on this forum! Anyone who thinks Gus is not doing absolutely everything he can, every single day, to create long term success for the club, then you are absolutely fucking kidding yourself and probably have an uncle as a dad!
No one will get every single decision right, it's just not possible. But I don't look at signings like Sutton and blame Gus. I blame Sutton for not busting his arse for the club like he should. Same goes for TPJ, RFM and anyone else not working hard enough to make our club more successful.
This is a solid signing, and will hopefully prove to be a very good signing.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think gus is trying to bring experience for a few years while the young guys come up.. he did the same thing at penrith... and weve seen how much of a disaster it is when you play with a team of youngsters.. ive been critical of gus but hopefully he starts getting it right from here on in with the main squad aswell not just the pathways which is also as important.
You're 100% correct. If we get our juniors around guys like this then coming out of our pathways into NRL will only strengthen the young kids into the top grade and learn what ethics are required to be an NRL player. Currently our reserves are training and playing with players who don't know what winning is about and that's a worry....not anymore by the looks of Gould sweeping a broom through the club. On the way up!