since when did public schools cost so much ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Anyone else getting hammered with school stuff ? 5 weeks in or whatever I get an invoice from the boys high school for $565. Im thinking what the fuck is this theres an excursion in there for $260 for a fucking night or 2 then I get hit with fucking sporting fees and all this other bullshit .onto boy number 2 for whatever reason he needs a tablet for school no worries till I seen the letter it had to be fucking an I pad $460 there . Than comes his excursions another $300 for fuck knows what .school photos $120 .
Not to mention once a week there is blue day , earth day , abo day harmony day and fuck knows what else that requires a donation.
That's close to $1500 and its still the first fucking term.
Rant over

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Anyone else getting hammered with school stuff ? 5 weeks in or whatever I get an invoice from the boys high school for $565. Im thinking what the fuck is this theres an excursion in there for $260 for a fucking night or 2 then I get hit with fucking sporting fees and all this other bullshit .onto boy number 2 for whatever reason he needs a tablet for school no worries till I seen the letter it had to be fucking an I pad $460 there . Than comes his excursions another $300 for fuck knows what .school photos $120 .
Not to mention once a week there is blue day , earth day , abo day harmony day and fuck knows what else that requires a donation.
Rant over[/QUOTE
Yeah bro it's ridiculous the first day back my 2 boys told me they need money for swimming carnival that $50 then the next day $70 for tennis for sport also my daughter had swimming carnival and a camp for 1 fuking night total $275 and this was the first week back to school.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Rant over[/QUOTE
Yeah bro it's ridiculous the first day back my 2 boys told me they need money for swimming carnival that $50 then the next day $70 for tennis for sport also my daughter had swimming carnival and a camp for 1 fuking night total $275 and this was the first week back to school.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Man back in the day was 50 bucks for the Canberra trip and twice a year you got your mum to make a plate of lamingtons for cake day

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Still cheaper than day care.... lol

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Man back in the day was 50 bucks for the Canberra trip and twice a year you got your mum to make a plate of lamingtons for cake day
Or you paid bugger all for a cheap school camp away somewhere, that (looking back on it now), was probably the perfect cover for pedo teachers in the day to abuse children at.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Or you paid bugger all for a cheap school camp away somewhere, that (looking back on it now), was probably the perfect cover for pedo teachers in the day to abuse children at.
Back when I went to school camp was 3 days $80 my daughter 1 night $250 what the fuk

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Do you have to buy tablets and all that now? Lol. Thought you got them for free aye. I never went to a public school and i think my rents only paid 1700 for me up till year 9 then it jumped between 2100 and 2700 for the remaining years. Didn't have to pay a cent for anything else other than clothing. laptops, tablets, software all given to us.

Id say prices have probs gone up since i want to school, but i always though you paid fuck all for public schools? Lol

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah its pretty shocking , camp was $320 for 2 nights , a laptop ( apple iPad air 2 is the recommended one) so the iPad mini 3 I bought 12 months ago is no longer any good.
Then they want 'voluntary contribution if $156 Plus more voluntary contributions of another $406, Add the excursions and subject costs that's $1280 and they want this all by the first week of school.
That's a public school!
Add my daughters catholic school costs and gets pretty expensive.

Long gone are the days of a free education.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
School excursions used to consist of getting the day old bread from the canteen and walking to the water front and feeding the ducks or going on a bushwalk and it was free.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Let's see; free education...nope. We are all paying quite considerably to send our kids to school.Costs so far this year ( and we are only in week 6 I think) School voluntary contribution-$98;electives fees $ 183; school camp $300; photos, sport fees for bus, pool entry fees , uniforms, shoes etc.. etc. Oh and I forgot the laptop for the older girl ( BYOD ready with a million different requirements) nearly $1000.Tried to get a cheaper option but if it had one thing that was required it didn't have another. When we get to second term we have further rounds of fees. Would home schooling be cheaper?

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah its pretty shocking , camp was $320 for 2 nights , a laptop ( apple iPad air 2 is the recommended one) so the iPad mini 3 I bought 12 months ago is no longer any good.
Then they want 'voluntary contribution if $156 Plus more voluntary contributions of another $406, Add the excursions and subject costs that's $1280 and they want this all by the first week of school.
That's a public school!
Add my daughters catholic school costs and gets pretty expensive.

Long gone are the days of a free education.
Lol its fucked do you get blue day green day abo day and whatever fucking day they can think of to rape you from your last gold coins ?

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Let's see; free education...nope. We are all paying quite considerably to send our kids to school.Costs so far this year ( and we are only in week 6 I think) School voluntary contribution-$98;electives fees $ 183; school camp $300; photos, sport fees for bus, pool entry fees , uniforms, shoes etc.. etc. Oh and I forgot the laptop for the older girl ( BYOD ready with a million different requirements) nearly $1000.Tried to get a cheaper option but if it had one thing that was required it didn't have another. When we get to second term we have further rounds of fees. Would home schooling be cheaper?
Im waiting to get the bill for the youngest boys finger painting fucking tax lol its getting a bit full on

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lol its fucked do you get blue day green day abo day and whatever fucking day they can think of to rape you from your last gold coins ?
Yep every colour under the sun day .. Except the catholic school doesn't do rainbow day

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yep every colour under the sun day .. Except the catholic school doesn't do rainbow day
Fkn lol I lost my shit when they came home with a note about some aboriginal smoke ceremony with a donation . There were no gold coins that day enough was enough

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lol , I've been to a p&c meeting and they'll sit around thinking up some new ways to suck the parents dry..

We used to have to donate mothers days gifts then give the kids 10 bucks to buy it back at the mothers day stall , I swear the mafia must have a hand in this.
Then theres the 'air conditioning for the classrooms ' ongoing fund raising scheme, not one of the classrooms have air conditioning yet, that started 5 years ago..

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Fkn lol I lost my shit when they came home with a note about some aboriginal smoke ceremony with a donation . There were no gold coins that day enough was enough
Next they'll have 'Take money from parents day'..

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Lots of school days lots of fundraising opportunities.

Yep we have sportsathon, spirit day,src fundraising days for whatever reason, chocolate drives, pie drives, whatever drives to raise money for the school and whatever other 'worthwhile' causes they chose to support. The fundraisers are virtually obligatory these days.

On another point and something that annoys me ; my kids don't qualify for free breakfast club meal at school but the indigenous kids do, all funded by government. If it is good enough for one group of kids to get a free breakfast should it not be good enough for all?

It apparently is meant to be for the disadvantaged and the most vulnerable. Does that mean that discounts or complete waivers of fees etc. also apply? (Just to let you know my kids get up at 6-00am, get ready, have breakfast, get in to town by 6.50 to catch their bus at the depot and then an hour and forty minutes trip to school.) We are an average family with a modest income and sometimes struggle to pay our way but we do.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Im waiting to get the bill for the youngest boys finger painting fucking tax lol its getting a bit full on
Gee, you have one of those too?Lol.

Mate we have "welcome to country' every day, we have NAIDOC day when all the elders are welcomed to the school for a massive bbq ( at our expense) , we have breakfast club. Gee I am all for acknowledging the indigenous but not just about every single day. If education is basically free for one , it should be for all.

Status
Not open for further replies.